For those who saw Moonraker closer to when it came out: why did Dolly and Jaws fall in love...

For those who saw Moonraker closer to when it came out: why did Dolly and Jaws fall in love? (This is not a trick question.)

She wants him to eat her.

She has banging tits and chicks like tall guys

the scriptwriter thought it would be funny

It was the same logic as every high school movie ever.

Her glasses made her a freakish dorky loser that no normal man could ever love so she had to settle for fellow outcast Jaws.

He gives give head

I wasn't even born then, but besides the writer obviously thinking it would be humorous, Jaws was an immensely popular character so writer and producers likely thought audiences would enjoy seeing Jaws catch a break.

Honestly it doesn't bother me the way it annoys other fans, and the overall film is a blast.

it's true, one of the best side arcs in the franchise, jaws is legendary.

OP here, thanks for the answers, but do you remember another dorky feature she had that you can't see in the OP? (I'm not asking you to guess, I'm asking if you remember.)

Post more

she has braces

braces?

She was a womanlet

It was probably between that and her eyesight that Hugo Drax deemed her "genetically inferior," thus spurring Jaws to save the world - somewhat amusingly since the other five or six billion people Drax intended to murder didn't bother him at all.

She wears braces, we know.

Now why would there be people with fucked up teeth be on the space station, I can't explain it.

>why would there be people with fucked up teeth be on the space station
There wouldn't be. Drax intended to kill her as well during the purge.

but she doesn't:

Because she had braces and wore the stereotypical nerd blackface.

Girls who glide, need guys who make them thump. Dolly knew this. Knew it all too well. She needed a guy like Jaws, because Jaws can make her thump.

Drax is such a great villain, I love how deadpan he is and how he treats Bond like a fly that won't leave him alone.

With any other actor he might just be another boring villain like Stromberg but Michael Lonsdale just nails it

Can we address that several people have replied that they think Dolly had braces when she actually didn't?

No she didn't have braces but everybody remembers it wrong, thinking she did.
This is Peter Dinklage's father.

>hot nerd
Need to see this Bond movie now.

>No she didn't have braces but everybody remembers it wrong, thinking she did.
What did she have then?

Did they remember wrong? Or did two timelines merge at some point?

weren't they married in real life?

Moonraker is fucking garbage

James Bond Cinematic Universe when?

fuck I hope not, especially when the franchise is currently in full-on grimdark mode. The looser the continuity the better, maybe one day we'll come full circle and 007 will be fun and lighthearted again.

So your life has something in common with a flick

he was a big guy for her

because he's a big guy

but what if James Bond met Jason Bourne

Jack Bauer would kill them both