/daily/ - shilling your oc images edition

It's April!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts [dont]
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes [dont]
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules [dead website]
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

Previously in dragon ball z

y yo, aqui... y tu, alla...

tourney results! jim v sshx are the finalists! which means two things:
1) no hot girl v girl finale showdown
2) ?'s bet has been fulfilled! delete yourself!

jim and shucks, pay attention: you must rec three items. one album and two EPs. no restrictions, just under 50 minutes. now, this aint your average tourney, so PLEASE be careful what you pick or it might stab you in the back! ;)

go jimmy go

le heck

this but four thousand times

also this chart has been :fire: so far

"doctor I'm sick.... of not SMOKING THE WEED :smoking: :fire: :leaves: :fire: :triumph: :four: :two: :zero: " - yamir - Le Mon

Oh my fuckingn godd

bye bye faggot ur no longer welcum

>j dilla - donuts
caters almost directly to my love of strings in hip hop, and creates the happy sort of feeling i've always wanted out of SILY but never found. there are some forgettable tracks but the high points are utterly fantastic.

>Pavement- Slanted and Disenchanted (1992)

It has a really nice energy to it. It’s also very youthful and moody, but not in an angsty way. It’s like skateboarding in the evening at the beach. Good vibes all around. (Best part: The “sha-la-las” in Zurich is Stained

who are you and why do you have fishmans on your chart

1. new
2. it's a Sup Forumscore chart because I lack originality

The coolest thing about Donuts imo isn't just the music but the back story and the influence. His stuff with Slum Village/The Roots/Common is pretty tight but he's also helped usher in that whole wave of soul producers (imo) and it's one of my favorite styles. Kanye, Blu/Exile, Just Blaze, Apollo Brown and all them have a lot to owe to Dilla. Cool stuff, crazy to think he wrote most of that on his deathbed

Listen to Wowee Zowee if you want the best Pavement album t b h

How does Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain compare?

hooray, ive found my aoty and it comes from my island!

1. ok
2. ok, but youre not allowed to talk about fishmans here

the actual best pavement album
unless maybe terror twilight, fuck what you heard that album is great great great

that album sounds like a Fast & Furious soundtrack desu :|

Terror Twilight is best Pavement

Radigue more like RADigue! I'm listening to the mini-CD EP right now. Hype for Bird Conference, Doyle and Gas.

Give Long Season a 2/10 for instant daily cred.

then it's great?

Not bad, actually. Worth a listen. Adequate rapper/producer fiddles with world fusion. Pretty good results.

>DNA - DNA on DNA
I've had my eye on this compilation for a while. Its the highest rated no wave for my friends on rym, and I thought A Taste of DNA was solid. But I couldn't help but be bored with this compilation. Theres a lot of cool noises and dreary atmospheres on this album, but no song seemed to grip me in particular. In a way, I could compare it to 1/2 Japanese's sound, but I feel like they did everything DNA is doing here better than they did. I still enjoyed this comp for the most part, it's essential no wave and definitely lives up to my expectations for the genres. I just wasn't too entertained, I guess. I'll give this a relisten in the future.
3.0-

when i have a free 2 hours, im gonna listen to bitches brew. but other than that, what next?

grimes

age of adz or fear of music

or logic songs jesus what a chart

grimes

its not the best thing ever but this year has been weak and this is the only thing that wasnt bandcamp stuff that ive really liked

yeah radigue is p rad i thought she'd be much more poseurcore

logic songs it is

so i just listened to bigtyme vol ii and it's a fuckin masterpiece

what other dj screw releases should i listen to?

T O R C H O F T H E M Y S T I C S
O
R
C
H

O
F

T
H
E

M
Y
S
T
I
C
S

cool?

is screw a new daily meme or has it always been one

Screw, Dalek and Three 6 Mafia are the only hip-hop artists pretentious white kids like

what about Gravediggaz?

if hes not i dont see how he isnt. everyone here seems to love him.

ill listen to torch of mystics tomorrow

i'm a pretentious white kid and i like migos

or anything by Wu-Tang Clan

what about doom and wu tang

and danny brown

I find Screw and Three 6 Mafia kinda boring, am I better than daily now?

so does that make these all

hip hop poseurcore

Grimes is objectively more interesting and talented than that little kid

>I find Three Six Mafia kinda boring

Blasphemous.

all non-instrumental hip hop is posercore cuz its about cult of personality
some instrumental hip hop even

migos, future, and lil yachty are all objectively good btw

Those are just general white indie boy hip-hop, pretentious white boy hip-hop is what college radio hosts listen to

im literally a college radio host and i like limp bizkit, thug and lgoony

Community college doesn't count

i popped your meme bubble either way

i just wanted some recs man

3 n tha mornin part 2 is good. theres a ton of other screwtapes that are great too, but so far, thats the only other one ive listened to.

Oh wait, no one gave you recs. June 27th is a go to in Screw's catalog, as is Three in The Morning Pt 2

Have you checked out other Houston hip-hop at all btw?

i know, i still need to listen to some of their other shit like but the 'spoopy' atmosphere of Mystic Stylez killed it for me since I didn't find it that dark or unsettling, just drawn out

I don't really know exactly what it is about them I don't like, it's a similar thing with Screw and Lil Ugly Mane, I enjoy them but they don't grab me, I can't see what everyone else loves. At least Lil Ugly Mane has some noise shit.

>Klaus Mitffoch - Klaus Mitffoch
Pretty cool, has this kinda new wave cheesiness to it that stops me from loving it though. Noticed that about a few of these ex eastern bloc post-punk bands, not sure what it is exactly. In conclusion Steve Albini is the only talented musician on Earth and Big Black are the only good band and I should just listen to them from now on. 3.5-/5

fug. what should i do next instead of listening to this Big Black live record

Dont listen to those other guys do leanin on a switch

I have not, I've pretty much only explored east-coast and memphis hip-hop

Yeah, I could see that. I personally just love their style of production. Not for everyone though

Oh damn, well there's some good stuff from there with a similar Screw vibe. UGK, Lil Keke, Z-Ro that are worth checking out too if you're into Screw

nothin amazing so far. pink bull album is some nice poppy primitivist stuff.

Hey I wanna get into /daily/ but never really posted before. Here's a chart of some of my favourite albums.

>o rourke
>rule
>residents
>can
yer gonna fit in

is that 0 or solace btw

solace

atrocity exhibition is worse than xxx so far.

this is a good collection. what are ya lookin for right now

the fuck man? AE is N U T S
nice its good
ya like LUM?

if ur talking bout little ugly mane listened to something by him a while back thought it was ok but should relisten

good play

i'm on Ain't it Funny, Really Doe is the only track that's been really great so far. i feel like the more restrained sampling doesn't work as well with his vocals.

not sure thas why im here

atrocity exhibition is l i t e r a l l y the best hip hop album of the decade

ite that's cool. just post about cool stuff you hear. or don't. it's fine.
ehhhhhhh

aint it funny is best track by far
listen to Uneven Compromise its fucking insane

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Upstepping, Interview, and a new family kinda dissapointed me but hopefully you'll find some enjoyment

haha

but have you listened to uneven compromise

Pretty /daily/ taste t b h, check out the /daily/core chart or something for more stuff up your alley

I thought so at first but AE grows on you like crazy. Sampling is so nuts on that album

ye, i liked it more on my first listen but i don't find myself returning to it

not that i think AE is actually best hip hop of the decade but what r ur contenders

the ark work

Really Doe is overrated in my opinion. It sounds like a generic posse cut and while it's still a little dark it feels out of place on the album

i've enjoyed just watching felicita slowly melt down pop music into a thick sticky paste in general so i think i'll like a new family a decent amount. interview and upsteppings are wildcards tho.
yeah the sampling is really nice.
niggas on the moon honestly.

donaldtrumpwrong.gif

Pneumonia is fuckin nice as well
well that puts me in an uncomfortable position

i hated pneumonia on first listen but shit actually goes so hard
intererereresting
i understand this opinion but earl fucking kills it

I didn't think much of it either but it grew on me exponentially, and I just get so much out of it every time I listen to it. It's only 11 minutes, but there's so much to it.

lmao

earl's verse is the only good thing about the song tee bee aych
ab-soul's is weak as fuck

tfw downloading new kendrick leak over hotel wi-fi

dang...

darn...

Sissy nobby

>UGK, Lil Keke, Z-Ro that are worth checking out too if you're into Screw
[2]

is this a meme or what? I'm gonna listen anyway

im officially cool now

more like Gool

that too

there are some capital b Bad songs on DAMN.

It's new Orleans bounce music
High meme quality, higher party quality. Genuinely great, massive kinetic hype shit

I just downloaded it, kinda nervous now

he barely ever goes in, sounds totally bored on most of the tracks, the beats are lame for the most part

feel is pretty good though

say it ain't so

do i just put it on for the first time when i'm at my mate's tomorrow drinking then?

i'm waiting until it drops officially to listen to it