STAR TREK BEYOND

Halfway through their five year exploratory voyage through space, the USS Enterprise docks on Yorktown, a legendary Starfleet outpost that houses a sprawling colony, for minor repairments. Desillusioned with his accomplishments and believing he has failed to live up to his father, Captain James T. Kirk (Chris Pine) applies for a position as Vice-Admiral at Starfleet headquarters on Earth, while Spock (Zachary Quinto) learns of the death of his time-displaced doppelganger Spock Prime (Leonard Nimoy) and decides to resign from Starfleet to lead New Vulcan in his place. Nyota Uhura (Zoe Saldana) ends her relationship with Spock, leaving him free to return to his people.

Departing from Yorktown, the Enterprise is attacked by the Swarm, a horde of advanced warships, and crash-lands in the desolate planet Altamid, where the crew is separated, with Uhura and Hikaru Sulu (John Cho) being captured by Krall (Idris Elba), a bloodthirsty warlord who commands the Swarm and has been shooting down starships and using its crews as slave laborers to mine for a rare mineral that powers his armada.

Uhura and Sulu soon discover that Krall and his men were once human soldiers drafted by the Federation to join the newly-created Starfleet and fight in the Xindi War. Their ship, the USS Franklin, was shot down, and the crew was left behind by the Federation, leading Krall to swear revenge. They soon learned that the planets' ancient inhabitants created advanced life-extending technology which Krall then seized, rendering himself and his followers immortal at the expense of their humanity, and spending centuries building an army through which he can overwhelm the Federation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Separated from the others, Montgomery "Scotty" Scott (Simon Pegg) meets Jaylah (Sofia Boutella), a resorceful warrior who has been stranded on Altamid since her parents' ship was shot down and her parents killed by Krall. She helps Scotty locate Kirk and Pavel Chekov (Anton Yelchin), and together they infiltrate the derelict USS Franklin and reactivate its old teleportation system, which they use to rescue Spock and Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Karl Urban), that were being pursued by Krall's forces.

Kirk and Jaylah use a dirtbike previously belonging to Krall and holographic devices that have come into Jaylah's possession to infiltrate Krall's camp and rescue Uhura, Sulu and the other prisoners, while Krall uses the minerals he has already acquired to activate the Swarm and attack Yorktown in order to cripple the Starfleet and leave the Federation vulnerable to an all-out offensive.

Kirk and his crew learn that the Swarm's navigation system can be compromised by sound and use the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage", which also belonged to Krall, to disrupt the Swarm, leaving them vulnerable. After succesfully destroying the brunt of the Swarm, they catch up to Krall and his forces as they're besieging Yorktown and defeat them, saving its population.

In the aftermath of the battle, Kirk realizes what he is truly fighting for and declines the Vice-Admiral position to complete the mission alongside his crew, while Spock chooses to follow Spock Prime's advice to do what's right rather than what's merely logical and decides to stay in Starfleet, reconnecting with Uhura. Jaylah parts ways with the group to join Starfleet Academy just as Kirk and his crew depart in a cutting-edge new starship that was being constructed in Yorktown and is christened the Enterprise-A.

Excuse me good sir, but have you ever consider watching Abbey Brooks cuckold video from Dogfart? It's quite good, then again I'm a black guy, and the majority of the posters on this board are white, so they may not enjoy it, but you should give it a try if you have white guilt.

Does anyone care about Spock/Uhura at all?

so spock is not even really in the movie for no real reason and nothing really important happens or changes by the end

It's a character-driven movie.

It's a characters driving motorcycles movie.

I thought this whole Beastie Boys Sabotage thing was a joke but im beginning to think its really real

Kirk orders Chekov to start the ship, put it in park, and check the mail. Unknown to Chekov this version of the Enterprise has been recalled for safety break malfunctions. A malfunction occurs and as Chekov reaches into the mailbox the Enterprise rolls towards him, and ultimately crushes him against the concrete box. Kirk runs to check on him and with his last breath, Chekov hands Kirk a flyer for a discount at Khan's Pizza. Kirk screams KHAAANNNNNN'S as Chekov dies in his arms.

No, are they still a thing? I can't even remember.

>You "apply" to be Vice Admiral
>Starfleet, an organization that flies a tiny number of highly advanced soldiers, started with draftees

Can someone please provide the Pegg quotes where he criticizes other movies for being retarded action schlock dumbing down the general public?

8/10 but way too soon

checked

I was wondering how they would deal with this.
Thanks dubpost

>The Enterprise is defeated within seconds by a much more advanced enemy
>Kirk's arc revolves around daddy issues
>The bad guy turns out to be someone who was exploited by Starfleet and is now working to destroy them
>Completely out of place ground vehicle chase
>Completely out of place contemporary music

Man they're really innovating with this movie!

>Kirk and his crew learn that the Swarm's navigation system can be compromised by sound and use the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage

So they managed to film the entire movie without anyone realizing that they were using the script to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 by mistake?

>it's an angry ship captain swears revenge on the Federation episode
>for the 3rd fucking time

Was the tv show this repetitive?

Yes.

The "sabotage" is a joke related to the fact that william shatner refuses to pronounce sabotage properly.

>guy is mad the Federation left him to rot on a shitty planet

So they're doing Khan AGAIN? Except this time instead of being angry about being stuck on a planet turned into a desolate wasteland except for mind controlling slugs he's angry about being stuck on a planet with super advanced technology that let him become immortal and build a fleet of superships?

Can we have a single movie where the plot isn't about revenge? How about Kirk has to deal with a wacky space criminal?

or maybe one that's about the wonder of exploring weird shit in space

TMP gets shit and some of it is deserved, but it definitely captured that sense of wonder and mystery of space

Yep.

>Uhura and Sulu soon discover that Krall and his men were once human soldiers drafted by the Federation to join the newly-created Starfleet and fight in the Xindi War
...Enterprise is still canon in this timeline... was there a second Xindi thing or did the writers just say fuck it, let's ignore the entire conflict had The Enterprise (and maybe columbia) with all human crews sans the Vulcan and Denobulan? In this case, fuck it, not like these writers give a fuck about the lore and supposed cannon.

Good to know that this was the movie as advertised by the first trailer. Good to know that Simon Pegg has no fucking clue as to what's going on in the movies he's cast in.

Man, this makes me sad. I really liked '09 and Into Darkness was pretty good with the exception of a few plot holes. This just seems like they dialed the action schlock up to 11 and wrote in a painfully mediocre villain. Fuck, at least the other ones had some great action with the Enterprise, in this it just jobs 15 minutes in. It's been months since I've seen anything in theaters but I really don't think this is worth it.

So I was off by a couple things. It's a million tiny super ships instead of one big one this time, and it'll be the USS Franklin with yet another rising out of the clouds shot.

>sabotage with Sabotage

fucking poetic pottery

>George Lucas Writes Star Trek Movie

>Kirk has daddy issues and guns for a wildly unrealistic promotion instead of being a confident leader. Again.
>Spock reckons he'll be made leader of the Vulcans because old Spock was. He and Uhura have relationship issues. Again.
>The Enterprise gets blown up because fuck the Enterprise who cares about the Enterprise in Star Trek amirite oh and it's also the 3rd movie
>The bad guys are bad because the Federation and Starfleet exploited and abandoned them. Again.
>Wildly out of place vehicle and music. Again. Oh and it's the same song because Sabotage is the Beethoven of the future.
>At the end everything is the same except the Enterprise is now the A because reference.

wow

i dont like sabotage.

it's course and..
it's rough...

and you hear it everywhere

>Simon Pegg has no fucking clue as to what's going on in the movies he's cast in

he wrote (most of) it.

Intergalactic was always my go to for Beastie Boys but fuck me the video for Sabotage was GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Was 2015 this decade's 1994?

From my point of view it is Faith of the Heart that is evil.

If your plan is to make a movie series and your characters are the exact same in every movie, that excuse becomes completely retarded. If the characters go through no real change, watching the sequel is fucking pointless.

are the Xindi canon in the trek universe

Haven't read anything in this thread, just wanted to thank OP for putting spoiler tags. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Kirk dies but McCoy discovers a cure for death and so he brings Kirk back to life.

I'm ready for the 1 line of throw away dialogue that Pegg came up with to explain away magic blood and super transporters.

How fucking bummed do you think Pegg is that he was so thirsty for his golden jew goose that he got tied to Star Trek and not Star Wars.

geez

So is Kirk vs. Picard one of those pop culture TOS maymays?

I'm only halfway through the first season but Kirk vs. Picard is like comparing Jack Aubrey to Captain Crunch.

>compromised by the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage"
This can't be fucking real!
REEEEEE

Who paid scotty to grab Dr.Pavel?

THEY KEEP
FUCKING
MAKING
WRATH OF KAHN

Sounds like something I should watch while getting into my second bottle of wine and sitting at my computer If I cant find anything better.

YOU TOO?

This is what we get when autistic fan boys leave their basement and tell others that khan was the best trek movie.

We deserve this nightmare.

> cutting-edge new starship that was being constructed in Yorktown and is christened the Enterprise-A
Lol its not like it will survive the next movie anyways.

We all know he was just shilling for this movie because it's the closest thing to Star Wars he's gonna get

He's dead inside