>XXX ft. U2

Ugh, why Kendrick why? I could do Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, etc. But U2? That's just too far on the irredeemable shit scale. You've sold out.

This album won't be good.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/1568459/kanyes-graduation-inside-the-nyc-listening-party-for-wests-so-called-comeback/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off, you haven't even heard the song.

Literally the best song on the album

wait for the song to come out
if its shit then you can complain

this
XXX is song of the year for sure

the U2 feature will likely be the highlight of the album

Eh, U2 is fine. Rhianna is the one that worries me. Her music is some of the lamest shit out there right now, and her voice is grating even if Kendrick writes for her. I already know it'll likely end up being my least favorite track.

>calling an album shit because of the features
Reminder that MBDTF features rick ross, nicki minaj, kid cudi, rihanna and fergie which are all mediocre/trash artists and all of them deliver amazing or decent (fergie) performances.

you posted this word for word before? why are you this invested in convincing people that the kendrick album will be dissapointing?

That's different. This is U2 we're talking about. Probably the most hated band in America and certainly one of the blandest pop and least important to music.

>It's a Danny Brown cover

How old are you? You talk and type like your 16.

>Different
Kid cudi is the most boring artist of all time
Nicki Minaj is terrible
Rick Ross can only pick good beats
Fergie
Rihanna is mediocre

>basing your opinions on whatever america thinks about a band

Is it an habit of yours to just eat shit straight out of the circlejerk's asshole?

shut up

You seemed to have accidently made a new thread. Delete this thread, please post this in the hip hop general.

This U2 is shit meme has to go. I don't enjoy their music that much but they definitely aren't terrible and they even dropped some good albums.

p4kbabbies hate on U2 even though their favorite bands literally worship U2.

talking about retards like this

This is gonna be some cringy anti-Trump song isn't it

lol i'm gonna post another thread just cause i keep seeing you in every kendrick thread

>even though their favorite bands literally worship U2.
Name 10 GOOD bands that worship U2

I mean for all the hate Rihanna may get, she really can't do that much evil on this album (siding with the guy who brought up MBDTF)

But U2, seriously? I cannot think of a way for XXX to be even relatively a good point on this album.

Then again, reviewing a track before the track is even out is really illogical, but this is Sup Forums

Confirmed 16 year old.

Rihanna at least has a history of good features and has put out her own good songs before.

U2 are just fucking trash and have 0 good songs ever and are the least likely band to crossover into anything outside of the area of boring pop ballads and shitty power chord rock

>implying boy, war, the unforgettable fire, the Joshua tree, achtung baby, and zooropa have zero good songs

Still waiting on someone to answer this question right here:

Unforgettable Fire is the most boring album of all time, I fell asleep trying to listen to it.

Joshua Tree has great production by Eno but the lyrics are unbelievably generic. Coldplay tier.

>sold out tour
>most hated band in America

You only need a couple hundred thousand tickets (mostly 60 year old women) to sell out a U2 tour.

There's 320 million people in America.

They literally have the highest grossing tour of all time

>Her music is some of the lamest shit out there right now

Spoken like a true U2 plab.

Because they're notorious for selling tickets for $300 a pop.

Come on sure they popular with a certain demographic. But they're also despised by an even wider demo (the under 50).

What is wrong with Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj? Nicki has one of the most memorable verses of the whole album

Don't ever compare Coldplay to U2 again. Their early stuff was good and VLV was made with Eno which absolves them forever. Their new stuff is generic shit but they've never sunk to U2's level.

If any young people despise them it would only be cause of the iPhone thing. They haven't even been on the radio in over a decade.

Because they've been completely irrelevant since the 90s. Still everyone knows that horrible YEAH YEAH YEAH song that was in all those commercials.

By your logic U2 making records with Eno absolves them forever too, no?

Radiohead
Oasis
Elbow
The White Stripes (The Edge specifically)
Bob Dylan (inspired him to make his 1997 comeback)
Interpol
The xx
Teenage Fanclub
Sufjan
Guided By Voices

Eno did that as a cashgrab obviously not as a gesture of serious artistry. The records he made with them are NOT GOOD. Even he couldn't help them.

>YEAH YEAH YEAH song

That's a Nirvanna the Band song.

Kanye was also inspired by U2

I think he means Vertigo

>Radiohead
Maybe Pablo Honey era when they were making Vertigo-tier music, but none of their good stuff.

>Oasis
garbage one hit soft rock/pop band trying to be the beatles

>Elbow
literally who

>The White Stripes (The Edge specifically)
no. Just no. Blues was his major influence. Go watch It Might Get Loud. Jack HATES the Edge.

>Bob Dylan (inspired him to make his 1997 comeback)
Late era Dylan is fucking awful.

>Interpol
They're clearly more influenced by early 80s post-punk bands. Don't hear U2 at all. Unless you mean their crappy later records, which maybe.

>The xx
Only heard one song by them. No comment.

>Teenage Fanclub
Literally who.

>Sufjan
Hell no. I bet suffy hates those fucking hacks. They sound NOTHING alike.

>Guided By Voices
Never heard. No comment.

>Kanye was also inspired by U2
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no just stop

U2
>Christian rock

Sufjan
>Christian rock

lol

Sufjan is more than just 'Christian rock' he's explored new sonic territories with folk and electronic music to name a few

>interpol was influenced by early 80s post-punk bands
u2 fucking was an early 80s post punk band you dribbling retard

All in the name of our Lord.

God is fake.

So, U2?

Jumping on the post-punk bangwagon when it was popular for "cred" =/= a post-punk band

U2 never did what sujan did nice try fag

Have you ever listened to war, the joshua tree or achtung baby lad?

Almost all great rock acts from the mid nineties on have listed U2 as an influence

APOLOGIZE

Listen to where the streets have no name and try and find a better opener

WTF i love u2 now

XXX
X
X

Anyone know where to find the horn hit used at the start of XXX?

Been looking for it for months

Good rappers doing shitty collabs isn't anything new. Kanye has been featured on songs by Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, and Fall Out Boy, for example.

I've barely listened to U2 my entire life and even I know they have a few decent albums

Kanye would never stoop so low as to work with U2 though

U2 was one of the original new-wave and post-punk bands

you're a retard.

No joke. The sound of Graduation was inspired by U2.

>mtv.com/news/1568459/kanyes-graduation-inside-the-nyc-listening-party-for-wests-so-called-comeback/

this. Also he apparently made a track with them at one point that's unreleased. He also played with the members of U2 and Bruce Springsteen at a charity festival event in 2013 and toured with U2 on a whole leg of their 2005 tour.

Kanyee may not have worked with them on a song but he says here (You) that "I Wonder" was supposed his hip hop variation of "City of Blinding Lights."

i live in ireland and everyone here says they hate them too, yet its impossible to get tickets to see them when they play 3 nights in a stadium that seats 80k

kanye opened for U2 at one point retard

again it's a minority of people that like them. Mostly the older crowd who are on the way out anyway...

damn.

Rihanna's feature is actually pretty shit but U2's is fairly minor and pretty good

Daily reminder U2 haters are underage and/or faggots in their early 20s trying to gain p4k/rym indie cred just by hating the band.

the U2 song is a top 3 Kendrick song all time

The second half of the XXX is great the first half is literally must skip tier.

>fergie ....

kek

overall still a 9/10 song

true. XXX bangs. Top 3 on the album for me.

>Nicki has one of the most memorable verses of the whole album
not even that good desu people overrate it because shes a girl

xxx fucking bangs

It's great. U2 are used in a really cool understated way, not just shoehorning some "anthemic" hook. Reminds me of old U2, not their newer MOR we-need-to-appeal-to-as-many-of-the-masses-as-possible new pop rock tripe they like to release.

They fucking pulled it off. Op can eat a dick for being wrong.

>Kid cudi is the most boring artist of all time

Kill yourself

I like XXX and honestly i could take or leave the u2 part. Its not offensively u2 but its an alright chorus, lyrics are pretty gay tho

It's actually good though

One of the best tracks desu familia

HELLA F*CKING EPIC

ye toured with u2 too lol
he and bono are buds

LETS TALK ABOUT

Bump