I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished the first season and I think it's good...

I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished the first season and I think it's good. Dexter kind of steals the show though. Some of the side-character drama seems kind of boring.
What seasons does Sup Forums think are the best?

stop after the second season to see a satisfying conclusion to the series

dont watch anything past season 4

did doakes get a new show or was he a huge cunt to staff or something, why the fuck did they waste the best character in the second season

2 and 4 are goat.

The show is so interesting and captivating for the first 2 seasons. Absolutely god-tier. 3 and 4 are great too but not as good. 5 is pretty good actually despite what people say. 6 is weak. 7 is pretty great actually. 8 is horseshit, I didn't even finish it because it was that bad.

It's quite the surprise, motherfucker.

>Dexter kind of steals the show though
he's the fucking protagonist, the goddam show is named after him you stupid fuck he aint stealing anything.

>I didn't even finish it because it was that bad
neither did they

1 and 2 best seasons. 3 is meh 4 is good. rest is total dogshit.

stop at season 4, trust me.

The side character shit becomes far worse as time goes on. Astor gets hot in season 5 but she's only in 4 episodes. Plotwise, seasons 1 and 2 are GOAT, 4 is really good, 3 and 5 are mediocre, 6 and on are absolute dogshit.

>6 and on are absolute dogshit

That's a little harsh. It's certainly not amazing television, but it's still better than most stuff on TV. It's still worth watching. Season 7 was great, they just didn't deliver in season 8.

this. I watched the first two seasons on netflix over the span of 2 days and immediately bought seasons 3 and 4 on dvd since they weren't on instant viewing.

Almost 6 years later and I still haven't finished season 3. It went from GOAT to goatshit so quickly im actually pretty impressed. Whats funny is that apparently seasons 5-8 are supposed to be even worse. I cant even imagine that

Watch seasons 1,2,4 and 6. Then kill yourself.

Watch seasons 1 and 2, skip 3, and then watch 4.

Pretend seasons 5-8 don't exist and make up your own ending

3 is good just for the bovine scene. 4 is great

>skip 3

don't listen to this.

Forget finishing 3, just watch season 4. It was pretty good.

Yeah. It might be a bit harsh. 6 was the first season I watched as it aired and waiting week after week to be let down hurt.

whatever you do user, NEVER watch the last season. do yourself a big favour and never never never watch it. i wish i could forget it all...

I think I'm the only person on the planet that actually liked season 6. But I was way into the "twist", the mystery, the saw style killings, the Colin Hanks (who is GOAT). It's a good season. I think I'll watch it over.

It gets so bad dude. It gets so fucking bad.

>that ending

if there was anything i could un-watch it would be that.

Mos def was cool and Just Let Go was an amazing episode.

>Dat smile at the end

>it actually gets worse than senator organa and Dexter teaming up to murder people

Miguel was fun desu

Everything goes downhill fast after season 3.

Despite being the best season, the ending of 3 was the point of no return for the series.

Ignore me, I'm an idiot and confused season 3 with 4.

Rita was fine as fuck

>There were 8 seasons
>I watched all of them
>Completely forgot there were 8 seasons, I thought there were only 6

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Did my mind just completely block out most of the content of those seasons?

>that qt voice
muh dick

MechaDoakes was a bit of a Sup Forums meme while dexter was on the air because everyone wanted Doakes to rise like the son of g-d and redeem the show, but redemption never came

Stop after 4. If you MUST continue you onward, then you must absolutely stop after 5.

>Tfw that would have been a 10x better ending

Mecha doakes hunting down Dexter and them fighting would have been awesome.

>for no reason dexter teams up with a random woman to kill her 5 childhood rapists
who fucking greenlit this shit

He finally realized he likes pussy

Season 1 - 7.5/10
Season 2 - 7.5/10
Season 3 - 7/10
Season 4 - 8/10
Season 5 - 6/10
Season 6 - 5/10
Season 7 - 7.5/10
Season 8 - 3/10

Final season was good in the sense that it acted out the message built up during the entire show, dexter cant have friends/family whilst being a murderer, but the execution of this plotline was done in such a stupid manner that it's just god awful.

Could of ended it on a high note if they had a breaking bad-esque season where dexter's life is revealed and he's being chased by the police etc.

pic related.

season one was best, it was all downhill from there ending with the shitshow that was season 8

>expecting us to value your opinion when you comma splice and say "could of"
Yeah nah learn English first

>not finding the overacting and obvious plot unbearable, not knowing who the killer is in the first scene with the bf
wtf is everyone's problem with this show in particular? Complete garbage from episode one. Fucking black guy is such a stereotype that I laughed every time he opened his mouth and spoke in casual conversation like a fucking football coach giving a locker room speech.

The ending was so fucking retarded.
How did he think that would fix everything? It just made it worse for everyone.

Any kind user got a TL:DR on season 8? I never finished the second episode of it.

one through four are very good.

Cannot remember a single thing about season 3. Season 4 is solid. Season 5 is ok if you like being brow beaten by ugly rape victims. Season 6 they handed the showrunner position to /r/atheism. Season 7 had its moments, but was ultimately disappointing. So much so that I hadn't seen season 8.

well he
s literally cray cray

I agree.

I watched the 8 seasons in the last two months.
1 and 2 are the best seasons. I think it starts a good story and it's closed properly at the end of the second season.
I enjoyed 3,4,5,6 but they are not particularly good.
I liked 7th, the fact that debra knows about dexter being a serial killer leads to an interesting relationship between the two, I liked that about the season
8 was weak, the ending was bad

I finished the showtoday
Dexter met Dr. Vogel, the psychiatrist that invented the 'code of Harry'. She wants the help of Dexter to find a serial killer who sent her pieces of brains. In the end it turns out it was her son, a psychopath who was sent to a psychiatric facility ~20 years ago, and she thought he died in a fire that happened in the facility. Hannah's back, got married to a rich husband, she kills him; Dexter and Hannah want to escape together to Argentina. Hannah stays in Debra's house, those two learn to get along, somehow. Vogel's son kills her in front of Dexter.
Dexter finds Vogel's son, decides not to kill him and calls Debra so she can arrest him, he shot her and sent her to the hospital. Dexter was leaving with Hannah but comes back upon learning that Debra is in the hospital. Debra was recovering, but she suffers a stroke, she's brain-dead, she needs a machine to breath and she will never be able to speak, or eat by herself, or recognize anyone - she's basically in vegetative state.
Police arrest Vogel's son, Dexter goes to the interrogation room, kills him. Everyone agrees with was "self-defense". Dexter sends Hannah with Harrison to Argentina. He goes back to the hospital and unplugs Debra, she dies. He takes his body to ocean in the middle of a storm, throws her body in the water, says Hannah and Harrison needs to be protected from him, and drives his boat into the storm in apparent suicide.
Everyone thinks he died.
Final scene: Dexter is working in a lumber camp.

I'm on Season 5 now. 1 was best, 2 was great, 3 was alright, and 4 was second only to Season 1. I think the only episode of Season 1 I found boring was the one with the little kid they find at the crime scene. That's mostly because I find LaGuerta to be one of the most boring characters in television.

>That's mostly because I find LaGuerta to be one of the most boring characters in television.
Good thing she dies then

Sorry did i miss something?
I only watched 4 seasons and that ended, with him "dying" on the boat...

if the series had followed the book, Laguerta would have died in the first season, killed by Brian.

Season 4 ends with dexter's wife death

>What seasons does Sup Forums think are the best?

Huh... The site i was watching it on just only listed up to season 4.
I guess they just combined seasons...

Meh, I wouldn't have posted if I was afraid of spoilers. The sudden drop in quality after Season 4 is noticeable enough that I'm rapidly losing interest. Too bad, considering that finale.

How many episodes did your seasons have?
Each original season has 12.

First seasons good. Every other season is just about a carbon copy of the first season. Season 4 is good because of John Lithgow. The rest are shit.

This happened because after the first book, the book series gets pretty fucking retarded. So the suits just copied the first season for the second, second for the third, etc, until what remained was barely recognizable.

/dexter

I'd suggest to finish the series.
Season 6 are 7 are interesting. 5 is what I consider to be the lowest point.

The book was meant to be a 'stand-alone' project.
The author only wrote the sequels after the success of the tv show.

Im really starting to think i missed some then. Because i remember them only having 15 eps in each season but the final season having 15.

>The author only wrote the sequels after the success of the tv show.
>Darkly Dreaming Dexter (2004)
>Dearly Devoted Dexter (2005)
>Dexter season 1 episode 1 (2006)
So hes a fucking time traveler. Gotcha.

You definitely missed some episodes, almost half of the series. Maybe you skipped some irrelevant seasons? Check the wikipedia page or something

nvm
I was regurgitating what I read somewhere else, obviously wrong

Network run was 15 episodes a season, due to commercials, or something.

I was just excited about time travelers ._.

Yeah i am looking at the wiki now. But i absolutely remember dexters wife being killed in the middle of a season...

It starts off good, and becomes shittier and shittier as it goes.

no, rita dying was the final episode of season 4.

Of course they might've fucked some shit up in the network run because lol writers strike.

>But i absolutely remember dexters wife being killed in the middle of a season...
Then you got fucked by your network
Sometimes networks cut the episodes to save screen time, maybe that was it?

Fuck me now i am really tempted to watch it again.
Also.
Also all of them are me. And i streamed all of them so i dont think i was fucked over by any networks. I just think they masehd them together for "reasons"

I like to imagine that in the earlier seasons when Dexter and Deb were married IRL they had some weird ass incest rp.

too bad he broke up the marriage

she has a long face
but she's cute

From watching season 1 I always assumed the show would end that way, when the actual ending happened I was beyond disappointed.

I think he broke it off because he got cancer.

I liked all the seasons