What are your favorite martial arts films?

What are your favorite martial arts films?

My top 5, in no particular order:

>Five Deadly Venoms
>The Raid: Redemption
>36th Chamber of Shaolin
>Hero
>Master of the Flying Guillotine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=smLAFCVNpwA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FpHWAMFks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i think the final fight in Jackie Chans Young Master is the greatest fight sequence ever filmed by a wide margin, also the fight in Wheels on Meals

That good? Wow. Young Master is still on my list, but maybe I'll watch it tonight. How's the movie in general?

Honestly, when it comes down to it, no kung Fu movies at really that great... And the fighting always looks really fake and choreographed. Even Jackie Chan's stuff, which is very impressive, is so impressive that it looks like it requires extensive planning and many takes and lots of setup. I mean I realize they do, but you can see it in the final product. Just meh.

You're probably going into the movies for the wrong thing, then. It's most likely a good idea to look at kung fu movies as a subgenre of fantasy.

That said, what do you think of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=smLAFCVNpwA

I used to like them. They just don't entertain me anymore. When I still watched them, I enjoyed 36 Crazy Fists. It's a bit boring but has its moments.

>Five Deadly Venoms
>Drunken Master (the original)
>Secret Rivals
>Hell's Wind Staff
>The Way of the Dragon

Anything with Hwang Jang Lee is Kung Fu kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FpHWAMFks

Literally anything that Godfrey Ho shat out.

Young Master is a really strong outing, it's fun, actually funny at times when usually i find the humour to be a bit too broad in those early works.. and great fight sequences throughout. but it all comes together for that 10 minute+ 1 on 1 at the end. just perfect

>no Police Story 2 mentioned so far
I'm disappointed, Sup Forums.

Cool. I'll watch it after I finish this episode of Community. Thanks.

>implying slapdancing joints have any merit whatsoever
It would be generous to say that a martial """"arts"""" video could rise to the rank of flick, much less film.

My top ten:

1) Fist of Legend
2) Drunken Master II
3) The Five Deadly Venoms
4) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
5) The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
6) Chocolate
7) Fearless
8) Once Upon a Time in China
9) The Protector
10) Ip Man

>tfw your blockbuster closed and you get 70's and 80's martial arts films for 50 cents each

I got you

Jackie Chan as a director and choreographer is just amazing.

>The Raid: Redemption
Silat isn't even a real martial art.