/classical/

Christus ist tot edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25_BRvxjbQI
youtube.com/watch?v=xaWx6ZiE6CA
youtube.com/watch?v=E4AMrOM1V9o
youtube.com/watch?v=KBuBiFZAc7U
youtube.com/watch?v=nyiS0vBI04k
youtube.com/watch?v=DZzEnuUJEsA
clyp.it/tmbbs3q0
youtube.com/watch?v=6-aMCcGXBzo
youtube.com/watch?v=et8B79uR2Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=50Au-B0gqu0
youtube.com/watch?v=vBFsiQX_7lk
youtube.com/watch?v=uWGQ2zAIMGw
youtube.com/watch?v=4DbByZJ1dbY
youtube.com/watch?v=IdjFBW-S3z0
youtube.com/watch?v=LACCAF04wSs
youtube.com/watch?v=lWH7pdj_VLI
youtube.com/watch?v=mna99TFGslw
youtube.com/watch?v=TU_0gyUqCdA
youtube.com/watch?v=BEcSQ8BTlPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KTKvFrsY-EU
youtube.com/watch?v=DWZnIestDps
youtube.com/watch?v=1vkhzVNn5xE
youtube.com/watch?v=dQyaJAikZoc
youtube.com/watch?v=AG_fpe-ZTXE
youtube.com/watch?v=NHs5KaFqits
youtube.com/watch?v=wwE7l00bjFU
youtube.com/watch?v=89QeapLYZ2k
youtube.com/watch?v=1SfZJQ7cXV4
youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0vSC9DUhU
youtube.com/watch?v=GYFWWhPsFi8
youtube.com/watch?v=HeigX-p0qX0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7PyipPwlM
youtube.com/watch?v=gGAKgoclJ6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's Good Friday.
Post Passions.

someone explain feldman to me

it's literally just single notes being played with an interval of 2 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=25_BRvxjbQI

Thank you for putting the pasta in the OP
I have a better idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=xaWx6ZiE6CA
youtube.com/watch?v=E4AMrOM1V9o
youtube.com/watch?v=KBuBiFZAc7U

youtube.com/watch?v=nyiS0vBI04k

Feldman was a conman.
There's nothing to explain.

I like maybe four pieces from him

Watching this interview with him makes me wanna punch his shit out

youtube.com/watch?v=DZzEnuUJEsA

Elliott Carter being based as usual (that pun)

Can someone identify this piece? Its probably Schubert.

clyp.it/tmbbs3q0

The fact that he's so popular on rym makes me mad.

Are those his groupies?

Either Carter's groupies or Feldman's unwilling victims

Reporting back. Fine concert, except for the fact that there was a tranny sitting in the row in front of me in the Tchaik who spent the whole performance looking at lecture slides on its phone and taking notes, seemingly paying no attention to the music. No clue why you'd pay money to hear a student orchestra (albeit with a p. good professional soloist) play Tchaik just so you can have background music while you study instead of going home and just searching something on youtube and doing the same. Baffling really

I don't think Christ is dead yet lads. Not until this afternoon.

Posting my favourite non-Bach Passions:
youtube.com/watch?v=6-aMCcGXBzo
(would post Schutz's other two passions - the opening and closing choruses in the John are probably better, but I prefer the layout of the Luke more - but if you enjoy this one, you'll probably listen to them of your own accord)
(and would also post Macmillan's John Passion, but it's not on youtube, so his Seven Last Words will have to do instead)
youtube.com/watch?v=et8B79uR2Pk

Ay macmillan.

What are your favorite percussion only pieces?

School credits, maybe? Sounds like a cunt either way.

unlikely since the uni in my town doesn't offer music as a "proper" subject. They offer a couple of modules in it where you are required to attend at least three concerts and review them in three different ways (a "blank slate" listening where you just write down your impressions of the piece as they come to you; a "newspaper" quality review; and then one where the music has to be a piece you know well that you then compare to a pre-existing performance to discuss the differences in interpretation.

So yeah overall I couldn't discern a reason. Thankfully it was all clear for the second half of the concert so that was fine.

Good music
youtube.com/watch?v=50Au-B0gqu0
youtube.com/watch?v=vBFsiQX_7lk
youtube.com/watch?v=uWGQ2zAIMGw
youtube.com/watch?v=4DbByZJ1dbY

About to marathon Tristan und Isolde, wish me luck.

Which record?

See you in 2020.

I guess this is a better place to ask than anywhere else;

does anyone have any works similar to Peter Hamel's Organum?

thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=IdjFBW-S3z0
One I could find with video + subtitles
On the prelude, heard that famous chord. Starts a little slow but that's fine and intentional, it's building now.

drinking vermouth at 7am listening to Marais

such is life, jesus' tod

Will he just get to the fucking point already? It's taken 20 minutes just for Isolde to ask Tristan to come to her

Poor lad.

Getting tired real quick of Isolde's sappy, overblown hissy fits

I'd be mad too if saved some dude and then he later kidnapped me and sold me off to his King

[spoiler]That will be the cause of her death in the end.[/spoiler]

IDENTIFY NOW! REEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=LACCAF04wSs

Where'd you hear this?

I don't remember now. If I did I would have included a longer snippet.

It sounds kind of familiar but I can't place it.

Last thread someone uploaded a great recording of Haydn's Seven Last Words oratorio. Good for the occasion.

youtube.com/watch?v=lWH7pdj_VLI
Someone in my timezone? Finally I don't feel so alone with all these ameribros all the time. Good morning.

Having breakfast and listening to some cozy Haydn music for the best section of the orchestra:
youtube.com/watch?v=mna99TFGslw
Life is good.

I love all of these

you should too if you know what's good for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=TU_0gyUqCdA

>Marais
>gamba that emotes like Sainte Colombe's while harmonies lush like Lully's
>mfw

Do you know any more great music for winds only?

>a fucking love potion
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
10/10 plot twist. Truly deep.

>non-white
TRASHED..COM

I'll watch the other two acts later, if I'm honest it's kind of boring. Mozart's operas are much more engaging and not nearly as long.

Berlioz:
youtube.com/watch?v=BEcSQ8BTlPQ
Strauss:
youtube.com/watch?v=KTKvFrsY-EU
Dvořák:
youtube.com/watch?v=DWZnIestDps

Mozart:
youtube.com/watch?v=1vkhzVNn5xE
More Haydn:
youtube.com/watch?v=dQyaJAikZoc
Stravinsky:
youtube.com/watch?v=AG_fpe-ZTXE

Am I the only one who finds the female soprano voice to be ugly? It doesn't matter who's singing in particular, it always sounds like a screechy cat to me. Contraltos and more especially males are much more beautiful.

I actually prefer the bass clef in many ways myself. Classical music's drift into the treble is quite unfortunate.
P.S. piccolo players need to die horrible deaths

>children talking about opera
wow this thread is off to a great start

post your favorite female vocal performances to repent:
youtube.com/watch?v=NHs5KaFqits
youtube.com/watch?v=wwE7l00bjFU
youtube.com/watch?v=89QeapLYZ2k

Sorry if the truth upsets you. Wagner is a typical autistic German who's incapable of real feeling (Mozart was Austrian). T&I is supposed to be some great love story, but they fell in love because of a fucking potion? Sorry, that's total bullshit. Even Shakespeare wouldn't pull something like that out of his ass. Also, Isolde is a spoiled bitch who sounds like a dying cat. Just a typical woman, really.

I find basically any soprano from the 70s onwards to be typically unbearable. A soprano utilizing minimal vibrato and can actually sustain her notes is fine.

But, yeah, contraltos are easier on the ears overall.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SfZJQ7cXV4
youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0vSC9DUhU

Soprano is good if they use vibrato tastefully. Too much and it's shit, same with any singer or range.

This is easier to listen to if you're not into opera
youtube.com/watch?v=GYFWWhPsFi8

You do know it's adapted from a very, very old legend, yes? One that Shakespeare was possibly inspired by. The basic plot points are more or less the same, you're directing your autistic screeching at the wrong person here.

Listen to the end you faggot.

Old doesn't mean it's good - and if Shakespeare was inspired by it he had the good sense to excise the retarded bullshit, but Wagner was clearly too obsessed with "muh Germanic legends" to care.

>dude trust me it gets good after 4 hours

the love potion is a metaphor for the fact that none of us are capable of choosing whom we fall in love with and not a plot device but i don't think you really give a shit
why are you forcing yourself to listen to something you knew you wouldn't like? that's sad
anyway the version you're watching is from the 80s i remember so i doubt they have a capable woman singing the role of isolde

You're a faggot with shit taste throwing a hissy fit about women being women. Gtfo.

>Old doesn't mean it's good
Never said that. I was explaining the origin of the text.

>but Wagner was clearly too obsessed with "muh Germanic legends" to care.
It's Anglo-Norman.

Why the fuck would you make that a metaphor? That's just stupid, that's not some deep concept. Just have them fall in love like regular people. It wouldn't even make the opera any longer, all he would need to do is cut about 15 or 20 minutes in the first act of nothing happening (Isolde calls Tristan... he doesn't come... she keeps calling... music plays... nothing happens... she keeps calling...) and he could easily fit it in there.

Wagnerite please go

Anglos and Normans are both Germanic mate.

It's more of a metaphor for women being needy and manipulative.

You're an idiot.

>Why the fuck would you make that a metaphor
The libretto was written 158 years ago. It was a pretty controversial thing at the time. It would've been unacceptable socially for them to fall in love on their own. Wagner was a slave to his audience even when he did have Ludwig II supporting him

>Chooses to listen to Wagner Opera
>Complains that its too long

What the fuck did you expect? Its Wagner. Don't listen to his operas if you want something you can digest in a single sitting.

The motif is oldr than that and as I said before, the love potion is used to symbolise the nature of women and how their wiles are a sort of poison. Neither of you seem to have gotten the story.

Yeah the story is an old folk legend I know but Wagner wrote the libretto himself and was inspired by his affair with Wesendonck.
If you think it's entirely pushing the same story and lesson as the original tale you didn't get the story either.

Isolde insisting that Tristan drink the potion is a stand in for her flirting and seducing him. Him drinking the potion is a stand in him putting his dick inside her. Sex is power. Now you know.

The original story is also based in the affairs of others. These things tend to go in circles. The motif is unchanged in Wagner's opera.

Love potion = pussy.
Women use pussy as bargaining chip.
The rest is romantic sugar coating.

>Just have them fall in love like regular people
Are you stupid, or something? They fell in love before the love potion was taken.

Wow didn't mean to trigger the Germans so much, guess I'll stick with Mozart (aka good opera)

Not an argument.

I'm not even German. But you're an autistic brainlet who fails to identify obvious allegories.

Go ahead. Everyone knows you only watched it because you had an axe to grind and were fishing for (You)s

Yeah that's true. They really use it as an excuse to do what they wanted to but knew they shouldn't all along.
Once again tying into his own affair.

Just because I didn't take 4 hours to say it doesn't mean it's not an argument :)

Oh I get it now, the length of the opera must have been an allegory for Tristan's dick right? They're both long, wow amazing wagner so deep xd

I watched it because German academia and neo-Nazis have been in an eternal circlejerk over Wagner since he dribbled out that schlock, I expected a masterpiece and got fetid tap water

you're the one that sounds irreparably triggered and butthurt desu

>I watched it because neo-Nazis have been in an eternal circlejerk over Wagner
Ah, so you're a triggered leftist.
>I expected a masterpiece
All those academics happen to be right on this: it is. But you're a pleb.

is just really bad bait and shitposting, id just not reply to him at all

he's just saying whatever to get a rise out of people

I hope you're happy with all your (you)s
Let's get back on track here
youtube.com/watch?v=HeigX-p0qX0

>if you're not a neo-nazi you're a leftist
really noggin my joggin
Wagner was a crossdressing faggot who wrote shitty music, deal with it.

>if you disagree with me you MUST be baiting!!!!
Autism.

>I like castrato

Sounds like Wagner triggered you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7PyipPwlM

>Wagner sucks because I can't understand allegory
I want /eftypol/ to get the fuck out. At the very least, I want you to come up with better reasons for dissing Wagner than not getting that drinking the love potion = having sex.

I think people see themselves in the plot of Tristan und Isolde honestly. It says a lot about a person what they consider the lesson of the story to be.
Which is really a testament to it's brilliance in my opinion.

Wagner makes me sleep and indeed all post-classical opera do.

Baroque-kun, your brain ain't right my friend. A laser sharp focused on a single period of music? Must be the 'tisms. Did you take that autism quiz? What'd you get?

Yeah, but that's ok. You're a faggot but you're our faggot, faggot.

That stabat mater is a favorite of mine but the academy of ancient music performance is the best with emma kirkby.

Heh, nothing personnel, kiddo.
Reminder that A. Scarlatti's Stabat Mater > Vivaldi's Stabat Mater > literally anyone else's Stabat Mater > shit > Pergolesi's Stabat Mater

you're so fucking boring jfc

someone bring ame back

i really doubt that guy was being genuine, he was autistically screeching from the beginning and probably planned to do so for attention-whoring. his nonsensical post regarding the plot and the overuse of exaggerated green text just makes me think he was trying to get a rise out of you guys.

i would say "just report and ignore" next time, but Sup Forums doesnt have mods

Fuck off, Ame.

It seems like he only got a rise out of himself though.
He must not understand the clientele he's working with here.

Who the fuck are you? Don't fucking talk to me.

>drinking the love potion = having sex
But it clearly doesn't, because they never consummate their love, they almost do in Act 2 but they get interrupted. They never consummate while they're still alive, you fucking dunce.

>someone doesn't like my god wagner, heretic! You must be faking it!

Also, Wagner sucks because he's overlong and boring.

the irony of most shitposting tirades is that it often requires the poster to get as emotionally involved as he did. then they project that anger onto everyone else.

it's funny to watch, but honestly not really worth replying to.

How the fuck would you know? You only watched one act. (You're wrong anyway.)

>I have no argument so I better just run away like a bitch

>I know more than someone about an opera I didn't even finish watching
lmaoing @ your life right now bub

So what's the best Tristan recording? How do you like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=gGAKgoclJ6A

>lmaoing @ your life right now bub
For like 10 seconds straight I thought I was reading an email address.