Could a pellet gun kill? Just want to know, got one from a friend, around 450 fps...

Could a pellet gun kill? Just want to know, got one from a friend, around 450 fps. with a well placed shot and the right ammo, could it be fatal? I am not going to kill myself or anyone, just drunk and curious.

No

>fps
>450 fps

How fast is that?

no

I've had some pretty badass pellet guns that I would wager could kill someone with a well placed shot
More likely that it would just cause brain damage

maybe but you'd have to get really really unlucky

>make sharp/pointy poop pellets
>freeze them
>when shooting them, they'll tear wounds open and infect them if the victim doesn't wash his wounds
>if you get caught use as an excuse
What? I was just shooting the shit with friends and what not
>you told the truth but nobody will be able to see through it
>kill people with poop
>become a poopsmoker
>???
>profit

I've dropped 25 lb coons with a BB gun that shoots 350 ft/sec.
Shot placement is critical.
Pop a main artery with a pellet gun and you can bleed someone out. So, yes, it can kill.
You won't likely drop someone on the spot, though.

>450 fps
get the fuck out

I've killed a pig with a .22 (5.5mm) at around 1000 fps.
I would bet your gun could kill if you manage to shoot between the ribs and puncture the heart or a shot to the throat (carotid arteries), femural artery...

I have airsoft rifles faster than that, you are not killing anything.

airsoft shoot bbs, I can kill you with an slingshot, way slower

Underrated post

Yeah but a slingshot is typically shooting a projectile with much higher mass.
It's the mass/velocity ratio that makes the difference.

Your very unlikely to kill someone with a low powered pellet gun.
Most people don't die from actual gunshot wounds unless it's execution style where the shooter can place the shot perfectly on an unsuspecting or captive victim.

Feet per second I'd imagine.

Feet per second

You'll shoot your eye out

Yours, no, at least not easily.

There are pellet guns in 22, 25, 30, and even larger calibers that deliver at much higher velocities, 800 - 1200 fps. They typically use a large onboard air source. You can find PCP air guns online. These are clearly capable of killing.

so basically, it can kill but by bleeding out?

Potentially, I suppose. You'd have to be pretty lucky. I wouldn't count on it in any sort of defensive situation.

Yeah, if you bludgeon someone over the head with it.

That means thats it's possible

Sure, you're more likely to be killed by an errant piece of hot pocket though.

The basic rule of thumb is 1200fps is fatal for small animals & varmets. Pellet guns below that are usually not fatal unless you are shooting at lizards, babies, etc...
If it is
CO2 powered, it won't do the deed...

You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Yes, a friend of mine was nearly killed (or at least made retarded) by it when he got shot in the eye and the pellet got stuck less than an inch from the optical nerve through which it would get to the brain easily. However, it's very unlikely you would hit the correct spot.

If you shot them straight in the eye from a close enough distance it could probably enter the brain.

With prompt medical care you might be lucky enough to be a one eyed retard, but it could potentially kill you.

i guess,if you beat them to death with it instead of shooting with it

yeah, if you hit the jugular or any vitals where theyd bleed out

Absolutely, even a .18 BB at 400 fps has been documented to kill by chest penetration. But out of tens of thousands of accidental shootings per year with air guns you can count on one hand the number of people who have died, and most of those were larger caliber and higher velocities. If you want to kill someone with an airgun you are better off bludgeoning them with it, or giving it to them, then calling the police and reporting an active non-white shooter.

306 mph