Green Room

>mediocre acting
>half-decent plot
>hit-or-miss setting
>not as much cool filming as the cover baited
>never really all that intense
>the most horrifying thing about the movie was the music the band played

5/10 - only worth your time if you REALLY can't find anything better to watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0
youtube.com/watch?v=uHmU9qSUixU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well, you are wrong

How so? The best part of the movie was Patrick Stewart's voice.

At least we don't have to worry about a sequel.

EDGY

No one in their right mind would consider a sequel. I enjoyed the movie, but I wouldn't want more content. I'm guessing you're being an edgelord, but just in case you're a dumb cunt, I figured I'd just point that out.

I don't think you understand how limited releases work. This was barely in theaters at all.

Doesn't need a sequel senpai. Don't be dumb.

fag

I agree 1000%. Pretty sure this only gets love here because most of the user base is in the 13-20 age bracket and can't remember that this type of movie has been done 1000 times before.

nazi punks detected

it was still a decent flick, senpai.

Every movie has been done 1000 times before. There aren't any "original" films these days.

missing the fucking joke.

>cool filming

why are you so late? come back in 4 years

Well, if you aren't going to be original, you better be doing something really, really fucking good. This movie did not do that. Cinematography, writing, acting, score, directing, etc.... were all 6/10 tier.

I'm 35 and seen thousands of movies.
I'm not gonna ask you to name the thousands of times this type of movie was done before. Just 10 times please.

Unless by "this type," you merely mean "horror" or "thriller," you dumb fuck.

It was an acceptable time suck and nothing more.

>muh paintball monologue
>muh dogs
>muh stupid goons

I liked the atmosphere, though. Not horror, but not exactly action either.

Oh, and
>muh turn a bad guy to the good side

I am 38 and seen tens of thousands of movies. I am sorry you missed the '90s, kiddo.

You didn't like it, fine.
Saying it's unoriginal is objectively wrong though.

>can't even name one example

You just don't get it, do you.

Any home invasion movie. Green Room was just a home invasion movie where the home was a punk venue and the home owner were some stupid punk kids.

There have been at least 50 of these in the past 15 years.

Agreed.

Over hyped reddit tier trash.

I liked it. Its not like it was trying to be anything more than what it was. And it didn't even seem that unrealistic.

It tried to be a gory thriller with punk themes and it was.

I dare you to combat my opinion

>People trapped in a building
>People outside want to get in because reasons
>People outside terrify and torment people inside

It's literally a subgenre called home invasion for the stupid fucks who missed out on everything dating back to fucking Straw Dogs.

Green Room fits the formula to a T.

I'm sorry for anyone who saw this as just another home invasion type movie.

I guess The Shining was just another basic haunted house flick.

Sure are some nazi punks ITT that need to fuck off.

I'm 36 and have seen thousand and ones of movies

I think youre a faggot

Missing the point completely. The Shining was not original in it's story, but the presentation was unbelievable. The presentation in Green Room was NOT. It was forgettable in nearly every category of filmmaking.

Name one thing in Green Room that sets it above Straw Dogs or Panic Room. Even fucking The Strangers was better than Green Room.

>comparing Green Room to the likes of Panic Room

I guess the overall genre has been done before, but that's in no way a criticism, and this was a very fresh take on said genre.

Just because you say something over and over doesn't make you right.

Night of the Living Dead was a fresh take on home invasion. Funny Games was a fresh take on home invasion. Straw Dogs was a fresh take on home invasion.

Green Room was NOT a fresh take on anything. No one will be talking about Green Room in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years. Guaranteed.

DUDE DEAD PEOPLE LMAO

Nobody said it was original.
In fact, people were clamoring it was a good throw back flick.
Reminds me of the end of Straw Dogs when shit is all tense.

I'd rather watch Panic Room again than Green Room 2 b honest.

Nothing is "throw back" about it and the end reminds no one of Straw Dogs.

Can you be more specific with you criticisms?

>People complaining that this casual movie wasn't revolutionary
Can you people ever have fun?

Sure

Cinematography was un-iventive and did not inspire anything extra to the narrative.

Writing was nothing special, both narrative-wise and dialog wise. And the subgenre is nothing new.

Acting was pretty mediocre all around. Even Patrick Stewart was forgettable.

Score was utter shit. A few live punk covers because they didn't want to pay for real punk songs, and some pretty lame, TV-tier score (tones and shitty nuance) that didn't amp up the tension at all.

Directing: Well, he decided on all of the above, so obviously he did a shit job.

>5/10 - only worth your time if you REALLY can't find anything better to watch.
How many movies in the last 5 - no, 10 years would you not say this about?

Green Room knew exactly what it was, and did it pretty decently. Great pacing, relateable, and my sweet sweeet Maeby running around in that shirt with her tits bouncing.

Not bad all-in-all, especially considering most of the people ITT probably pirated it. It's not one I'll watch over and over, or even a few times a year, but I'd say it was worth the bandwidth and a single watch and maybe a second to see if I missed anything. Maeby there were some nipslips

Green Room wasn't entirely original, but if you can relate to the situation at all say, leaving your room... ever... it did do suspense pretty well. The writing needed a bit of work, but if I were to count how many times I've been in similar "oh fuck we should've left 10 minutes ago" or "fuck we shouldn't have opened that door" situations in places like that, I'd need all my fingers and toes.

its a weak 7/10, certainly worse than blue ruin but its worth a watch

>No one will be talking about Green Room in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years

Maybe not the general public but I can see this becoming a cult classic among the punk subculture in the future the way Class of 1984 is now.

I liked it a lot but mostly because I found the situations and characters relatable because I was raised on a neo-Nazi compound.

My review:

It's hard to say I like a movie such as Green Room, because the situation was so terrible so it's not fun entertainment.
But it's tense and well filmed, kept me on the edge of my seat and kept my attention fully all the way through.

No sneaky pauses to check out random stuff on the internet, just let it play.
7-8/10

OP is a child.
Green Room is a masterpiece.
Just one example. The tracking shot as we see Gabe walk out of the club to get the revolver.

What works for me also is the way the plan to dispose of them is decided on so quickly, talked about openly, but is still terrifyingly oblique until the final scene, where it is revealed almost accidentally.

It's a film where noone is in control, and everyone is a victim. It's a fucking existentialist masterpiece.

>Cinematography was un-iventive and did not inspire anything extra to the narrative.

I thought the cinematography was excellent. What you are missing is that this film has very novel staging. The photography and direction and acting made that location fucking real as shit.

Poor boy, did they force you to wear red laces as well ?

Nah it wasn't skinhead but there were some skinheads there

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0

congrats

you're the most retarded person on Sup Forums today

ya nah

Or the only person to have watch movies earlier than 2005, faggot.

Green Room is not bad, but it is nowhere near an awesome movie. 6.5/10 all day long.

Musics the best part you stupid nigger

I'm 50 years old and I've seen hundreds of thousands of movies.
I could name a thousand of this type of movie made in the last 10 years alone,
but I'm not going to bother wasting my time on a pleb who hasn't seen enough movies to know what a derivative piece of garbage Green Room is.

Could you bother wasting some of that time for a young pleb aspiring to enrich itself culturally please ?

At time of writing there are 55 posts in this thread, and not one of them has delt with OPs criticisms/complaints.

>muh turn a bad guy to the good side

This is known as a "We have written the main characters into a corner and we can't find a way out"-move in the screenplay-world.

>Its not like it was trying to be anything more than what it was

So you're arguing that they set OUT to make a shallow mediocre-at-best shitty home-invasion """thriller"""?

he doesn't do sequels

>How many movies in the last 5 - no, 10 years would you not say this about?

Surprisingly good point.

blue ruin was revolutionary, this was just the same stuff only slightly different

>punk subculture

Newsflash: most punks aren't movie fanatics. Hipster-punks will argue that it reflected the culture though.

>I Breath Too Much Into Things: The Post

Are you the type of guy who thought Inception was really deep too?

Based on the profit, I don't think he'll be making much more of anything after a while.

>blue ruin was revolutionary

Wow, this guy makes 2 above average 7/10 movies and you people act like he's the next Kubrick. I enjoy Blue Ruin and Green Room, neither are really anything special though.

didn't stop him from making blue ruin
and that shit was goat

I still don't get what their plan was in the end.

>Let's all act like this life-threatening situation isn't real because that worked in a situation that wasn't life-threatening.

I don't understand how this made sense to the characters or the writer who wrote it.

Is it some "fuck tactics embrace instinct" kinda' thing?

The movie was only shown in a few select theaters and hasn't come to DVD yet. You guys don't understand how independent films make a prophet.

>prophet

Are we talking Muhammed or Jesus here?

I don't understand how this is an argument. Do you think it's okay for a film to not make profit in today's world?

he's already proven that he can make a great film with a minimal budget

JOHN CENA

Yes, but he hasn't proven he can make a great film that will be able to fuel the next one.

There are expenses with making movies, even small ones.

Ofcourse you retard, especially when a film isn't from a major studio you. Why the fuck does nicholas refn still make movies, they dont make jack shit in box office.

SMASH RACISM LGBTQRS RIGHTS NOW

Are nazi-punks a thing? Like are those two sub-cultures two that overlap often?

I always thought punks were just angry hippies.

>are we talking...Jesus here?
Christ killer detected.

>I'm 35

stopped reading there. Go do something more productive with your time gramps. Memeing is a young man's game

yeah it is a sub culture. punks got a weird thing for violence

There was a sub movement of nazi punk bands for a while, I think a lot of them weren't even really nazis though but just trying hard to be edgy.

Jesus nigga how old are you

I don't think anyone here is old enough to remember the skinhead scene of the 70's.

Incredibly small subculture considering most racists would just gravitate to being neo nazi skins, but there are right wing punks out there.

Chances if meeting one are incredibly small. I think they were more common back in the 80s

>more entertaining than any recent mainstream movie
>more tense than any recent mainstream movie
>still better acted than any recent mainstream movie
>tiny budget

I can accept your 5/10 only if you rated Civil War and the likes 2-3/10.

NAZI PUNKS

The only "unforgettable" thing about it was the band playing DK in front of Nazis. It's the only scene I thought it was enjoyable. The rest wasn't anything very special. I think it is overhyped as a hipsterish atmospheric horror success. For its budget and genre it was fine, as a home invasion movie it felt different, but it wasn't original.
Patrick WAS forgettable. Maybe if they gave him more screen time or a better more profound character he would be able to make something memorable out of this movie, but he didn't make it.

>The only "unforgettable" thing about it was the band playing DK in front of Nazis. It's the only scene I thought it was enjoyable.
The funny thing is that this scene was the most obvious and predictable in the entire movie, and you chose to open your wrong opinion with it.

Nah, pay attention in the quotation marks. I know what you are talking about, but that one was subjective because I like DK. That's just it.

What else is wrong in my wrong opinion?

That the nazi head honcho had to be profound to work as a calculated villain. The rest of your criticism is a reaction to ephemeral things like the consideration that it is hipster in some way that contributes to the atmosphere of the movie.

>Poots with qt nazi punk haircut

and suddenly a 10. Stewart felt kind of half baked though.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHmU9qSUixU

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF

She's cute in every movie. Not that I've seen many, but still.
Idk, it's weird. Objectively she's mediocre at best, but there is something about her that makes her gorgeous in my eyes.

>That the nazi head honcho had to be profound to work as a calculated villain
Yes, that's what I think. Sometimes it felt like they tried to push him to be a good villain, but others he was nothing more than a someone who was giving simple orders.
>that it is hipster in some way that contributes to the atmosphere of the movie
I apologize in case I made it sound like that. Perhaps a comma would help
>a hipsterish, atmospheric horror success
I always heard about it like it was a fresh approach to horror and because it wasn't that famous, this whole thing made me think of it as hipsterish, without affecting the atmosphere or the way I watched the movie.

It fucking sucked. There were a few decent moments but overall it fucking sucked.

>movie features some Nazis getting fucked over
>Sup Forums has anal prolapse
literally the stormfag Tumblr