I've been listening to and studying the rap genre intensively every day for the past few years...

I've been listening to and studying the rap genre intensively every day for the past few years, and I proclaim myself as a master on the subject of music, ask me anything you want to know and I will answer.

Opinion on Mac Miller?

He has the voice and producing experience to be great, if only he'd stop doing the "drunk drop" on his syllables that a lot of modern rappers use.

Was Blondie's Rapture the first mainstream rap song ? And were the CB radio songs like CW McCall's Convoy the spiritual fathers of rap?

>studied rap, the least intelligent music genre
>claims to be a master on the subject of music

2/10 made me reply

Rapture is techinically rock. If we're looking for what is the origin from the parent genre, we have to go back further to spoken word poetry over jazz, specifically contemporary of the 60s onward.
In that same way, the real parents of rap aren't clear, as it's subjective to definition.

Ask something my friend. Rap has a richer culture than you may think, don't judge before trying.

Get used to those bars shit skin.

I'm a light skinned Cuban-American. Thanks for your question.

Thoughts on Jonwayne?

Who do you consider the GOAT?

Is Kool G Rap the best?

Ive been listening to rap for 13 years, obviosly many other genres too, but rap is one of my favourites.

Opinions on Logic, Tyler the Creator, Capital steez and kanye? I dont necesarily like them, i REALLY like steez tho

He has good tone and flow, but almost all of his back beats sound outofthebox, meaning standard loops from a beginners program.

Trap is trash
Little yachty is trash
21 savage is trash
Trap isnt rap
Lil wayne is trash
Mid age kanye is trash
Robot-voice effect is trash
Biggie is better than 2pac
Any rapper with 'lil' is trash

MF DOOM is the most underrated rapper of all time and deserves a medal

Who is your favorite rapper and rap group? Favorite era of rap?

Call me pleb but mine are eminem and NWA

Stevie Stone?

Difficult to say. One of my tops is unmentioned
Unironically Eminem.

A gif isnt really an opinion, my question is vague in the way that i dont really like most those rappers, i just wanna know your opinion silly

Rap is shit. If anyone studied it for so long, the only possible conclusion is: rap is shit. Music for criminals, criminal wannabes and people that don't know about real music because inherently too blunt to understand music. Rap is the oomba boonga for semi apes.

Eminem is pretty good at rappinh but hes got a shite personality, which really holds back his rap

Those are actually my opinions. Thanks user

Thats very close minded of you, theres more to it than you think, like everything else in life moron

Other than mf doom whom do u like user

I know a ton about music. You shouldn't Sshelter yourself from an entire genre

What's your thought on Post Malone's album, Stoney? White Iverson is obviously the hit, but other songs off of it like Congratulations and Go Flex are really good imo.

People don't seem to like him because he's like a chubby 21 year old white dude, but he makes bangers.

go have a snack

Realistically MF DOOM is the greatest rapper of all time but Kendrick Lamar is a strong second best east and best west coast niggas

Happy black history month.

Oh man your argument is unarguable, utterly fascinating, go fuck yourself, sone new rappers are good, you probably went with that trap music hype "DRINK LEEN NIGGUUUU YEAH NIGGUH SIPPIN SIPPIN SIPPIN WOK NIGHUH"

Younger white dudes are ironically more creative and musical than those who just build off the shit that's been popular for the last few years. Mumble rappers are literal plague on the genre.

Kendrick is a fantastic rapper, great beats, especially good flow, only problem i really have with kendrick is his message in some songs, hes abit of a blm guy which i dont really agree with, but hey the music is gr8

That's not OP, by the way.

Mumble rappers

DID YOU FORGET ABOUT DRE?

Also, seriously, who is slim shady.

Mf is very well rated and widely known,

Logic is popular for some reason, even though he pretty much regurgitates what's worked in the past. Tyler is getting better with actual creativity with rhythm and especially the backvround mixing, and the rest is N/A.

Slim Shady is Eminem's first stage name. When he came back with a new mindset, he reinvented himself, and much how like the Weeknd or however the fuck its spelled, overuses the metaphor of killing his old self, Eminem did it first with Slim Shady.

Basically.

Do you think big sean is one of the most underrated rappers currently qnd do you think j. cole will become one of the best?

Yes, and no.

having alter egos and playing characters in hip hop is one of my favourite things. instantly makes me a fan, from Doom, Eminem, Tyler, the creator, i dont care. thats something i really enjoy

What makes you more knowledgeable than someone who has been listening to it all their life?

Huh?

I know all about music. Thats all.

I don't get why you posted that picture

ye is not a rapper. He has been making electronic soul/gospel since 808's and heartbreak.

bad opinion is bad, go listen to pierce the veil faggot

Im not a nigger. Stop trying to be edgy and just answer the question.

not a rapper, but I Fall Apart was a fuckin banger lowkey

Question 1. Why would you listen to shit-tier talking?

When you take into account his childhood you understand where he is coming from. If you were raised in a similar situation you would have a similar mindset.

big sean is not over rated, he's one of the highest grossing mainstream rappers of the last 10 years. And J Cole was awesome on Born Sinner but everything since then has been generic, and his flow/rhetoric is very weak. Not OP

more bad memes please

Whoah there mate, mf doom is widely known and is one of my favs but you're leaving out aesop rock. You want underrated then it's aesop rock.

OP can you tell these fine folks about aesop rock?

You're the epitome of autism.

very underrated. His enunciation and vocabulary is unparalleled

I can't disagree with that, what's your opinion on him?

> Liking a genre that consists of niggers, mostly uncreative lyrics and repetitive simple beats with someone talking really fast
Cool. I do like things like trip hop and experimental artists but that's not what rap is mainly known for

credit improving

Where can I download some ken kaniff. That shit was funny but within the last 2 years, has disappeared off the face of the earth

The Impossible Kid has a really cool sleeve. I like rolling my joints on it then listening to it while I'm smoking.

10/10

Chronic or 2001, which is the better album?

Rap almost exclusively is about black people trying to be players, fuck up other people, or be rich. There's no depth. The only credit to its culture is how it originally provided a spotlight to highlight the hardships and difficulties of African American life. Now, it's just a trash genre without real vocalists save for the actual vocalists they bring in to deliver a hook, or when they sample another song.
It is one of the least diverse genres in existence in regards to topic and music.

The absurd irony of it is that it's almost exclusively dominated by African Americans, who are generally more gifted for rhythm and power house singers than any other races, but their most standout artists are rappers who can't sing and use autotune.

It's an interesting form of art but it doesn't stand toe to toe with other music because at the end of the day, without its generic backdrop of bass and drum tracks there is no melody or impressive vocal performance that can stand on its own as music. Add to that the fact that it's been muddled down by countless others trying to break out into the music scene with the same stories and range of topic that there's just no compelling show of evolution or creativity.

There are exceptions here, but for the genre as a whole its unimpressive range seems more like the background music at a club than something people would actively listen to because it's pleasantry. It resonates strongly with blacks but there's nothing for me feel or experience in it as a white guy. The only time i see whites appreciate it is when they want to grind against sluts in clubs or at parties.

Chronic

That's like saying jazz has no meaning because it's predominately black and is just noise. By saying this, you come off as a close minded person, and your argument is invalid.

Torrents

There's at least musical value to jazz.

I don't think i am. I want to understand it and appreciate it but it just does nothing for me. It's all over the radio but i can't get into it at all. Maybe I'm just to particular in what i like. I want to music part of a sing to be creative and make me feel something , but i don't get that from rap. Mind you i don't get that from jazz or classical, but those genres don't have nearly as big of a following as rap or other mainstream genres. Rap has such a huge following but it's musical value just seems low compared to other genres. It users generic drum and baselines and the frequent sampling of songs from other genres and bringing in singers for a hook just speaks the overall lack of musical creativity. It communicates "I can't sing or write original music so I'll piecemeal other works within legal limits and bring in someone else to make the song catchy in at least one part and put it all over generic baselines and drum tack s."

But maybe i just haven't heard the right artist yet. Give me a list of songs or artists that actually stand out and have compelling music. Prove me wrong by showing me. Otherwise you're going to come across as an idiot for just saying "that's close minded" instead of offering a real response or critique to my opinion thus far.

I'm only bothering because i don't want to just have this shitty stereotype in my mind. But I've yet to hear anything of the rap genre that went beyond my expectations for what i thought i was going hear. Do rap a favor and change my opinion instead of insulting me as a person like a neanderthal who can't argue beyond cheap and shallow analogy.

Y nignog makey di hip hop?

For music.

I can't change your opinion, rap sucks.

Share most of those opinions m8

Rappers don't know anything of value. You probably can't even figure out basic theory.

>Trap isnt rap
Rap is the genre, Trap is another style of the genre, hence a 'subgenre'.

>Biggie is better than 2pac
Ain't no best ยท East, West, North, South, flossed out..

Trap is literally the most nigger-filled genre in existence.

It glorifies sex, violence, selling drugs & murdering their rivals.

Prove me wrong.

Thoughts on riff raff? Also beasties Paul's boutique?