Does anyone of you have this case? there's no opening for a dvd drive is there... have i been jewed?

Does anyone of you have this case? there's no opening for a dvd drive is there... have i been jewed?
Any good externals out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no whining go buy an portable external drive ftw

DVD drives are outdated, just get an external optical drive if you really need one. My case doesn't have one either and I haven't had one situation where I needed an optical drive

>2017 and still needs optical disk

O.P i have a dozen or so mining rigs all test benches brought a Samsung 5 years ago still ticking

Yeah youre right the problem is i just built a semi new pc (new case new fans
>cpu intel i7 7700k
>mobo asus z270-a
>psu Hyper 212 evo
etc really
and i need to install drives for my mobo and cpu but i cant seem to find them on their respective websites

first off there are no cpu drivers
motherboard websites are terrible tho worked in a computer repair shop and finding drivers for older laptops was a nightmare

Sheesh i can imagine, doing that more then once a day would give me ebola

The reason im looking for anything drivers is because my performance seems pretty fucking weak atm, feels bad man

still using to write xbox games on disk.

I have this case and no there is no drive Bay.

asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

here you go annon

What did you install for drivers already? You need drivers ya dingus

i forgot to mention this in case you dont know your shit

dont download any shit you dont actually need especially shit thats under "utilities" section

Dude thank you so much.

think i need it because it came with a driver disk, cant use it though as aforementioned reason

go to your device manager
check if their is any warning sings next to the icons
check if their is an option that says unknown devices or something along those lines
if you see anything that i listed above it means that you dont have a driver for that particular device

pic related its how your tab should look with all the need drivers installed

see this

Yeah good one ill get on that right away , forgot about that.
Right now im unparking my cores witch should help...a lot

tanks btw!

return case. why the fuck would you ever need or want external drives with extra cables and power supplies all over. that's fucking ridiculous.

Thats kind of what i initially thought, but apparently they are outdated according to these faggots, and i havent built a pc in years so

This, stop giving in to buyers remorse. Optical drives are not outdated, as their function has not yet been replaced.
But I'm sure everyone on Sup Forums drives in a modern car with bluetooth/usb stereos and all that. We are all right and successful, right guys?

optical drives aren't outdated at all. they're still a necessity, especially for backups and boot disks. not all OS'es will let you install from a usb drive, etc. how the hell can you not have a cd or blu ray drive?

Yeah i mean i have a couple of perfectly good working drives laying around, im trading my case in tomorrow. this is pretty ridiculous end of story.

Either get a USB Disk Drive, or be a ghetto nigga like me, pop the side of the case and rig the drive while it's on the side of the PC. DVD drives are still excellent to have, but companies have abandoned 5.25 inch bays, meaning most drives are now useless (unless you do ghetto shit and rig it with the case open temporarily, as I said previously)

Also OP, what have you got inside of it? Looks pretty promising from the case

>hurr durr Sup Forums i built mai first pc XDXD

thats how i have it set up now fam, i know whatchu talmbout.

I've used my optical drive exactly 6 times in the last 6 years. Dude, just get an external.

casual console gamers detected

consoles are pretty neat these days tbh, i would have all forms of media if i had more cash to throw around, pleb

I haven't had an optical drive in like 6 or 7 years. I've even installed windows from a flash drive.

installing windows is easy m80

Yeah, but most people think you have to have a disk or you're fucked.