Are there any oldfags on Sup Forums? Anybody who is above 30?

Are there any oldfags on Sup Forums? Anybody who is above 30?

I'm a 22 year old guy who is extremely lost and depressed. My parents kicked me out at age 19 and I have been working minimum wage retail ever since. I failed secondary school and have very little qualifications.

What would you do if you were me? I have a few things in mind.

>join the Navy, Airforce or Marines
>go back to school and re-do all of my qualifications and go to University
>learn a trade
>join the Police, Fire and Rescue, or the Ambulance

Please help me

35. Do what ever the fuck you want. Stay at your job work into management. Go to the army or what ever the fuck makes you happy.

People act like life is so fucking hard. Find a job you like, if it dost pay enough improve you skill in it and become supervisor or some shit.

My parents Gen was at the tail end of the you have a house and family by your 20s. My Gen it was very rare but still happened. More though didn't "make it" till late 20s. Your Gen is fucked if you think you get out of high school, turn 20 and have it done. It cost more to live takes more to get what your grew up thinking you would have waaayyy sooner than you will.

I don't know about your country, but here you can study at the army, you get food and a place to live and get paid while you study. You can become almost anything, from a pilot to an engineer.

oldfag here (46)

In your situation, University doesn't sound like the best plan. Consider trades like plumber or electrician if you think you've got some interest and aptitude. There's serious money to be made there.

Military isn't a bad choice if you can't get your foot in the door for a trade.

Airforce. They have so many options, and yo're given purpose, duty, and meaning.

Don't join the military. We'll be going to war with China and Iran soon. Stop-loss would keep you in until the wars were over (or you were dead). If you have the kind of heart and mind that love fighting, then maybe the military's for you.

Options 2, 3 and 4 sound spectacular. Do whichever one you want to the most (you'll know in your heart).

Really oldfag here (52)
What this old/b/ro says...trade is least expensive and most profitable

true

Those are all good choices, user.

I'd say learn a trade. They make good money and get paid while learning.

I joined the army for awhile and while I was eventually kicked out due to medical reasons, it still looks amazing on a job application. Got my new job instantly.

I'm 22 years old as well by the way, not the oldfag you wanted to hear from but just another guy your age with some advice. :)

Get a sales job that pays commission. Minimal education required and easy enough if you have persistence and make it through your first 90 days.

32 year old welder here. Kinda sucks but pays the bills. Like others said, do what you think will make you happy. Yolo.

Old fag (32) reporting.

Don't joint the military, not unless you really want to. I did 4.5 years in the Navy straight out from school. Hated it and so did most of the people I served with - although there were some who loved the casual alcoholism and failed marriages.

When I hit civi-street I had no qualifications and my first job was in a factory on less than minimum wage because I wasn't over 21 (UK law).

The trades would not have been a bad move but I rolled mature student and did that for 5 years instead.

I'm now making a lot of money and own several houses but I wouldn't recommend this path. Most of the people I graduated with have not been so lucky.

Don't know why I said 32, I'm 34. Jesus Christ.

Seriously Old fag here. 52

You've listed some good ideas, but what you need is a plan.

The military is a good start, hell you might even like it enough to make a career out of it. But the main reason to go is the college money.

While you are in you can do schooling damned near for free so that's how you get yourself qualified to go to university.

Once you leave the military and start school for whatever you wanna do, learn a Trade. Gonna be an Engineer? Learn to be a Welder or Machinist. Shit like that. Skilled Tradesmen are in short supply. Lots of places will not only hire you unskilled (Veteran Status) they will train you for the trade AND reimburse you on the college that the military is paying for ($$$)

Starting to see how this works?

Join a trade union, or get into utilities.

>/b me @ 33

>make 100k this year

>own a huge house, married with kids

>get to spoil the kids with all the crap I never had when I was their age

>get mad respect in community and in family

>feelsgoodman

Forgot to mention that since you'll be working your way through college at a highly desired skilled trade you should be able to Graduate with little to no debt once you figure in the military paying, your job paying, and you paying

I forgot to mention, I am in utilities, water specifically.

This user is the voice of reason

You know, if you have the aptitude, you should join the Mage’s College in Winterhold.

Another old guy here, 54. I fucked up my 20's and went to college when I was 29. I was lucky, it's not so easy now with the debt.

Point is, I didn't know what I wanted to do until later. Best advice I can offer is, earn money now, have something to fall back on. A trade, carpentry maybe, something you can be flexible with, be your own boss, use it abroad if you want to travel. Then in 5 or 10 years time if you find there's something else you really want to do, or you want to go to uni for, you'll have something saved. You don't have to be doing something you love right now in order to be working towards that, it might come later.

Or do a similar thing but get the trade through the army. Try not to get killed, though.

College is a scam. Here is the dirty little secret. MOST people don't graduate. why? Because by not allowing most to graduate they inflate the percieved value because of supply & demand. The good shit, Engineering etc. intentionally made difficult. College used to be about learning. Now it's about ruining peoples lives to boost their prestige. Honestly bro if you are decent looking and kind of entertaining you can make really decent money doing you-tube. Just make an ass out of yourself.

>get the trade through the army.

If I'd been smart when I was 19 I would have been a heavy diesel mechanic in the Army instead of out riding Tanks for the fun and glory

Pic related: circa 1984

Fuck it user. After reaching 30 and wasting my twenties with college and in the work force, I realized that I was getting nowhere. I accepted that life had defeated me after a short breakdown and two year stint as a fisherman in Cambodia. I now live a simple life with a cheap apartment, low wage job and I've never been happier to be away from the stress I felt about what I though success meant. Main thing here is to not let other people's definition of success take hold over your life and distract you from what you really want out of life. There is always more money and you'll never find enough if you devote your entire life to chasing it.

Looks badass though lol

Pick yourself up
Find something you love
Learn a trade based around it
Military is for mugs, loser, and airheaded sheep
Emergency services a little better but burnouts paradise
University percentage wise is the stupidest route, with poor equivalent job prospects post graduation

Military doesn't take dropouts. Get your ged, and try again

Go military, get a technical role of some kind, after you can get your degree or cert in that field for free courtesy of uncle Sam. Then you'll be making bank debt free. Not a bad 5-10 year plan

Dude you'd be making so much bank right now

Sounds like a wholesome and rewarding life, user

It's OK mate don't stress, I'm 48 and found a great life in the Marines, it's tough but rewarding in a way that most of these retards would never understand.
If you're going to do it, prepare yourself for a big shock aside from the physical punishment there is a fair bit of education to get through.
It will definitely be a new start and a new life, you will be a totally new person, by the way, edgelords like these summerfag leftovers can all fuck off.

Lifes too short to be unhappy. Any oldfag will tell you that. If you don't have a kid by now, the world is kind of your oyster at this point. If I were you, I'd learn a trade. College degrees are now more trouble than they're worth. It's a myth that you need a degree in order to get ahead. Most employers are keeping up with the college debt trend, and since it's being talked about so much theres a high chance for education reform (in the US at least).
>secondary
You're not in the US but I have to assume your country doesn't fuck over its citizens via debt like the US does (you lucky fuck). Learning a trade is always more reliable than specializing in one field of study for a time and then hoping your dream job will eventually pertain to that field. You might outgrow that interest, and then you're stuck with thousands in debt and a degree you're not even going to use. When the next recession hits, knowing a trade is more reliable than having a degree and hoping theres a job out there somewhere.

Pick a union and don't be an entitled little fuck.

Also this. Almost anything you try to do in life requires a GED at the very least.

I'm probably the oldest person on Sup Forums and I'm not going to tell you shit because you'd just ignore it and go on struggling through your fail life anyway.

>Here. Enjoy some Frankie Foster getting her brains fucked out.

I'm 36.

I'd say learn a trade--the return-on-investment in terms of cost and time spent is pretty high if you go into the right field. That or fire/ambulance/EMT. Don't sell out and become a cop.

Whatever you do though, make sure it's something you actually WANT to do or you won't be motivated enough to do it well and succeed at it. Also, don't do something you hate just for the money. No paycheck is worth the price of your sanity.

learn a trade make 40k a year after two years live a reasonable life on that

Theres not a fucking plumber or electrician I have trusted so far. Be a respectable worker in a trade man youll make millions.

> I kept my utilities guys until they ALL left the country

Not over 30 but I'm older than you.

You are wise man. You are asking for help. That is one little step to get your situation better.

And you have very good ideas. Maybe that one with qualifiactions and university is not great but the other ones? Why not?

Idk which part of usa you are from but I think people like soldiers or services will always needed.

Trade is kinda risky. University can be expensive and you need a lot of time to get everything right. And you want to get results fast fight?

Try to get some better paying job at your local services like police or F&R.

And get some awesome hobby, feel pasionate about it and try to smile.

Maybe someday it will get better?

It got for me.

Israeli centurion?

This. Thread can be now basically cloed OP.

Everything will be alright.

I didn't know what the fuck to do with my life in my early 20s either, dont worry.
When I was 25 I became a train driver, some years later I got promoted and now I oversee the daily production of the trains, make $150K a year looool.
I was really that I had parents that let me live at home for free until I was 23 though heh

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had no idea what the fuck they wanted to do by the time they graduated high school.

The demands we place on our kids these days are ridiculous. No one knows for sure what they want to do for the rest of their life by the time they're 18. They just want to party and have sex all the time. I'm 26 and only JUST now figuring out who I am and what I want to do everyday. We put them thousands in debt before they even know what they want to do. Its predatory lending, aka total bullshit. You put yourself into debt thinking its the only way to get ahead, and then they have you by the shorthairs for the rest of your life.
>and beyond
Student debt CAN pass to your next of kin after you die. Those debt collectors will go after your estate, which means they'll go after your kids and grandkids during one of the roughest times in their lives, just to make money off your fucking corpse. This country isn't GOING to hell. It IS hell.

Similar. M60A3 US MBT.

The Israelis used several variants of this chassis before designing their Merkava, which is a MUCH better desert tank. The M60 series was designed during Vietnam and was intended for Western Europe.

The A3 variant shown in the pic includes the first use of an electronic ballistic computer, cross wind sensor, laser range-finder and Turret Stabilization, all features passed on to the M1A1

The Tank shown in the Pic is also fitted with Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) that is used for training purposes

Well if you want to get out of shitty retail jobs and dont fancy the armed forces, learning a trade is something of a must. Id also recommend an apprenticeship of some kind. Assuming your a britfag, you might be able to get onto a Btec or some equivalent, its been a while since I was in education but I knew people with fuck all GCSE's who got on them and are probably in a better position financially for it.

It sounds like youve had it a bit rough, but its also anything but hopeless. Ive always had the feeling that anything postitive and that offers hope, be it individual like an idea of your own, and its impossible. Never think so, try it.

I was going to college when I was your age (2002), and you know what? I shouldn't have been. I went because "that's just what you're supposed to do," and eventually picked a major when I ran out of core classes to take, without any real idea what I wanted to do. What I should have done was take time off from school and figure shit out. Instead, my grades suffered because I didn't care or take it seriously enough, and I got a degree I don't use. I worked a job that made me miserable that I got just based on having "a college degree."

A few of years ago I took stock of where I was and spent 2 years going to x-ray school, and, guess what, I busted ass through school and got a job right away because it was something I CHOSE for myself, I love my job, and I make a comfortable living. Don't live based on the expectations of others.

No everybody has a great idea of what they want in life at age 22, or even age 32. Eventually you'll find something that interests you and you'll care enough to make it work.

im 24 but literally OP its up to you. you're smart enough to know your options at this point, and any would be fine if you follow through with it. the worst thing you can do is mope around and be depressed and do nothing.