Eurofag here

Eurofag here.

I've decided to start following hockey and picked a team to support purely based on their crest.

I've chosen pic related because Roman military implies good discipline, attack, and defence. What should I actually expect from this team? Am I going to want to kms at the end of the season? I don't mind them not winning trophies as long as they try and give a shit.

I'm currently on Wikipedia trying to figure out how your tables work. Everything I know about hockey comes from the Mighty Ducks films.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5nCd1ZVrw
youtube.com/watch?v=Zw7CdgJdkv0
youtu.be/-9ru_R7Qjjo
scarypete.com/media_/scary-pete-the-ottawa-song.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mighty Ducks II > Mighty Ducks

If all you know is the mighty ducks then you should follow the Anaheim ducks, who are based off the movie

The chick keeper was pretty cute desu.
Eh, seems a bit gimmicky.

Its not, virtually all they share is a name and that they were previously owned by disney

>I've decided to start following hockey and picked a team to support purely based on their crest.

Fair enough.
>I've chosen pic related because Roman military implies good discipline, attack, and defence. What should I actually expect from this team?

They will never do what you expect them to. They are consistently inconsistent.

>Am I going to want to kms at the end of the season?

Perhaps but if you do the rope will snap, you'll find $60 and a cute girl will walk in.

>I don't mind them not winning trophies as long as they try and give a shit.

I can only promise you that the skaters will try. The goalies are insane and are basically witchcraft. This is true for most teams.

>I'm currently on Wikipedia trying to figure out how your tables work.

They don't work. They need to change the rules but they won't because they're designed to be deceptive.

>Everything I know about hockey comes from the Mighty Ducks films.

See if you can find a cheap hockey video game. You'll learn faster but some of your knowledge might be a little screwy.

Also, follow the players, not the puck

its tough for me to choose. they are both certainly better than D3.

two words

knuckle puck

Of course, less time spent in Minnesota.

all i can tell you brit bro is that pic related is now your enemy
learn to hate it learn to despise it learn to laugh at it and above all learn to make fun of it

Fair enough. I've made up my mind tho. It's gonna be the Senators. Also I doubt anyone could live up to the legend that is Adam Banks anyway.

>They are consistently inconsistent.
Shit. I guess that'll make it exciting...

>they're designed to be deceptive
How so?

Other than that, good advice user. Cheers.

Good to know, thanks.
Their crest is shite.

>cheap video game

This is the only hockey game you need

while i admire the double gretzkies, that game is garbage

>Gretzkypost
>9999

Hah, literally gave my N64 away just a couple months ago to my little cousin. Also checked.

excellent numbers

Fuck Ottawa, start following the Sabres if you have a big dick and are cool.

>Not following the best crest in all Major Sports

>How so?

>win in regulation
2 points and a ROW

>win in overtime
2 points and a ROW

>win in shootout
2 points

>lose in regulation
0 points

>lose in overtime
1 point

>lose in shootout
1 point

TOWs are the first tiebreaker.

If you are chasing a team that's 6 points up on you, even if they lose 3 games and you win 3 games you probably won't catch them since they'll probably pick up loser points. That's the deception. You don't realize you're out of it until it's too late. Team records are given W-L-OTL and 3-3-1 is considered a .500 record despite the fact that you've lost more games than you've won.

Top fucking kek.

Yeah man, good luck with the Sens

*ROWs

Fuck me that was confusing. It's my fault tho, I tried to understand why would W and OTW (as well as L and OTL) be two separate things and it didn't make any sense. For ages I couldn't wrap my head around it until I realised while reading the Wiki page on statistics that YOU CAN'T FUCKING TIE in this sport lol. That's such an alien concept to me that the idea just never came into mind.

This guy is their best player

he's the best player in the nhl at playing outside of his position

This is their owner
he looks like a jew
he spends like a jew
but he isn't jewish

but he historically doesn't spend to the salary cap

he's changed that recently, might because he's going to die soon, or because there's some stadium shenanigans and he might lose the team because some Quebec billionaires might get to build a stadium in downtown ottawa instead of 30km out

This is how they start every game

youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5nCd1ZVrw

how "purely based" do you find this crest?

>and picked a team to support purely based on their crest.
It's called a logo. And which is easier for you to watch timezone wise, NHL or KHL?

Also don't forget their national anthem singer

youtube.com/watch?v=Zw7CdgJdkv0

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrasdasdasdasdasrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ramparts we watched
What the fuck?

Also, who decided it was a good idea to go no accompaniment? Do they not have an organ guy in Ottawa?

UK is 5 hours ahead of EST, most snes games would be at night around 9?

KHL spans 8 time zones.

I thought some like actual Eastern European teams were in KHL. I also don't know if he's a turbo-neet in the UK with a weird sleep schedule.

There's teams in Croatia and Slovakia.

But they still play an away game in Vladivostok, Kazakhstan and China.

From what I can tell most ownership is to score brownie points with Putin.

Assad plays D?

Welcome to the cool kids league. Hockey isn't a tough game to figure out for newcomers. Learn the benulties as quickly as possible so you can scream refpuck every game.

either a video game or just watching in general will help you learn about the game. plenty of commentating teams to a decent job of breaking down plays and showing whats going on, If you can watch some of the NBC Sports feeds, they do a good job of breaking it down to the dummy level for casual watchers.

Other than that,

user basically covered everything. like other fast-paced action packed sports, it takes a minute to pick up but once you do, it does get somewhat fun having a few drinks and watching some games/yelling at the TV whenever a ref makes a dumb call, which im sure you have experienced watching football.

what a post 2bh

>chose snes
boy oh boy get ready for disappointment and memes

This is fucking cringe.
I already love this team.

I think it looks like wordart tbqhfam.

Sorry, logo*. And I had no idea what KHL was. I guess KHL would be easier for me but after watching that discount Gerard Butler video, how can I change my mind.

Not a turbo neet. I'll just watch highlights/reruns and if the game's not too late I'll stream it. The Flames and Oilers games are at 2am and 1am respectively but the pic related ones I'll be able to watch live.

Might pick up a cheap NHL game on PS4 or something. And m8 I doubt they'll be as shite as Premier League refs.

I might as well use this user's post to ask for similar advice. I'm a basketball/football fan and wanted a third sport to get into, and hockey caught my interest during the playoffs last year. I've been looking for a team to support, but I don't have any teams in my immediate area to support and i don't want a super successful team to bandwagon to; mainly looking for an up and coming team to root for so that I could say I was there from the beginning. Any suggestions?

You did not pick a good team.

the snes are an internal cap team with awful attendance because their owner is of jewish origin

they will get relocated to a more lucrative hockey market in a couple years

where do you live

oilers, sabres, panthers, jests

canes for the memes

Baltimore area. I hate any team from Washington, so I really don't want to root for the Caps, and my basketball team is the Knicks but I feel the closest thing to them would be the Rangers and they seem like fags.

Sens are a middling team but they have a bonafide Superstar in Erik Karlsson.

Oilers are up and coming.

McDavid, the current franchise player of the NHL being mentored by the All-Time greatest in Gretzky

youtu.be/-9ru_R7Qjjo

Snes will eternally be cucked by the leafs

>not picking the winged wheel
you have fucked up massively OP.

Do not choose the >rags. You are in the perfect area to bandwagon the reigning Stan Lee cup champions known as the Pittsburgh Penguins.

>canes for the memes
based

>muh playoff streak

fuck off, tom

>literally a wing on a wheel
That's a retarded logo and that's why I didn't pick them.

Also for your UK team, pick the Nottingham Panthers

they are ELITE

Not even the worst one tbqh

Never forget the Ottawa song

Shit was all over the radio during the playoffs when the leafs raped the snes every year

scarypete.com/media_/scary-pete-the-ottawa-song.mp3

Ya now after a decade of dumpster diving. Smug Oilers fans can fuck themselves. Have some fucking humility. It took em 6 years of high picks and countless failures to finally pull out the fucking W's. Who the fuck are they to act like king shit? This is a thread was doing well and these 'new-money', newly-good Oiler fan dirtbags come in here running their mouth about wins. Eat a dick. You barely even know what the fuck winning tastes like. You don't deserve Mcdavid you fucking pieces of shit! I hope he gets his teeth kicked in by a skate you fucking deadmonton dickwad

Nice, didn't even know we had a league. The nearest team is Coventry Blaze so I guess I'll support them.

Fuck off eurofag.

>cantpucks

oh dude im sure they blow it big time. ive watched a few PL games when I was bored on a weekend morning and do recall scratching my head over a few stoppages and such.

enjoy, though. its a fun sport to watch despite the shitposting on here. Early season is kinda meh sometimes but like most sports, once you get into the thick of it and the eventual playoff runs, anything can really happen.

Fuck, the penguins changed their coach halfway through the year and won the cup, its a wild sport

So I have it down to the Jets and Devils, which of them are a more respectable team to follow? I don't mind sticking a few losing seasons out, but I don't want to catch shit for liking a meme team or a complete dumpster fire

jets now and jets in the future

devlels are a boring trap team

Jests it is then

i didnt even know people in the uk were interested in the nhl

nor with my hometown team

welcome friendo

it depends, both teams are sort of in a rebuilding stage (especially the jets) but the devils have been pretty awful ever since their cup run. Jets probably have a more promising future, 2 b h f a m

I would like to say that I'm extremely glad to welcome our new hockey friend from Yurop into our community!

Although I'm afraid you have picked the wrong team. Woops! You see, the Senators have no Finnish players in their roster at all. This is not a good thing. There's an old saying in hockey which goes: "With Finns you win!"

I would advise you to pick another hockey team with more Finnish players, such as the Minnesota Wild or the Dallas Stars. Thank you for your consideration :)

You could have gone with the best team in hockey, but the snes are pretty good if you pick teams based only on their """crests."""

Like I said, I'm fine with a few losing seasons so long as they aren't absolute shit forever

lmao the snes suck and will always suck

Cheers.

Being a huge Mika Hakkinen fan I actually knew the saying as "No Win Without Finn". I'm sorry tho; I've picked the Senators and I'm rolling with it but thanks anyway.

DELETE THIS

Devils all day senpai

You will expect disappointment, but on the bright side, you will have a team that makes geographic sense and who's stadium isn't located in a shitty (not shitty as in crime ridden, but shitty as in generally shit) city, and not just one, but two of them.
In Florida, there are people who live their entire lives without ever seeing snow, and that is the northern part.

The only team any self-respecting user could ever support is the Devils

Welcome aboard mate, and excellent choice of team.

The Sens are a bubble team, but they bring a huge meme factor to the game. They'll make you want to kill yourself and cheer for them simultaneously.

Although their defensive corps is pretty trash (aside from a couple exceptions), their offensive corps is pretty well balanced with a couple of guys who can score, some pretty nifty playmakers and of course, the best offensive defenseman in the league, Swedish pretty boy Erik Karlsson.

But Karlsson isn't the only elite player on this team. The Ottawa Senators also have a player so damn good both offensively and defensively that I and everyone with a minimum of hockey sense are convinced that he'll win the Cell key (I guess some people spell it Selke, not sure why though, some sort of meme maybe?) for years to come. This player proudly wears number 61 and his name is Mark Stone.

tl;dr: Sens are a meme team in a good way. Karlsson and Stone are GOAT.

I picked team same way.

predators. . because I like the movie predators

Follow a UK team too mate, it's great live.

I was at the might Hull Pirates last night as we thrashed Manchester Phoenix.

I hope you have good eyes.

Not sure if you're taking the piss but thanks anyway. Also what's a cell key?

>shit defense
>good attack
>meme team
Oh god, am I supporting the Chelsea of the NHL?

See . I'm in Oxfordshire. MK is 2nd closest and I sure as fuck ain't supporting Milton Keynes lol.

Qu'est-ce que tu entends par là?