Childhood is when you idolise Progressive Rock. Adulthood is when you realise Krautrock makes more sense

Childhood is when you idolise Progressive Rock. Adulthood is when you realise Krautrock makes more sense.

Actually it's the other way around
Childhood is when you listen to Krautrock because it's an acceptable genre to listen to
Adulthood is when you realise all Prog is good, not just the subgenres

They're the same thing, Krautrock is just prog from Germany.

Recommend bands, I'm doing this way

>Childhood is when you idolise Prog Rock, Adulthood is when you realise German Prog Rock makes more sense.

Ok? If we're talking non-Anglo prog Japan is way better anyway, embrace the cheesy synths of the 80s onward motherfucker.

Krautrock is prog for posers

This. If you can't fuck with Rush you're not there yet.

This

Krautrock > post-rock > avant-prog > symphonic prog > Canterbury

Or better yet, not vaguely ranking genres and diminishing your chances to hear great music.

Rush a shit
KC, Mike Oldfield, Gentle Giant and Yes are much better examples of that kind of prog

>diminishing your chances to hear great music.
...What?

True adulthood is when you start enjoying AOR

adulthood is when you no longer have the time to explore new music and proceed to relisten to your favourite albums again and again until you die

krautrock is just hipster punk

prove me wrong

4/4 confirmed best time signature

elp my pick for prog

If you're just vaguely writing subgenres off, that won't be the best scenario of hearing new music.

punk is trash, krautrock isn't. ezpz

how can so many good musicians make such boring shit prog pop

heat of the moment is great though

rip wetton

also rip jaki

And that is why "dad rock" is an insult

They're really the only prog bands you need (and maybe moody blues)

You're not there yet kiddo.

All music is shit
Any good musician knows this

Krautrock is shit, and you're shit for pretending to like it. I'd have more respect for you if you listened to ELP.

can anyone give examples of this? i'm interested