Did they really think 10,000 would be enough?

Did they really think 10,000 would be enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u8a_UpuYVTg
youtube.com/watch?v=XzugQBkUrZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it wasn't for Gandalf, it would be more than enough

>You would need tens of thousands
>But my lord there is no such army!

Why did Saruman use plural "tens," when his army was only one unit of 10,000?

Most likely. It's a sizeable force by medieval standards and they only needed to bring down Rohan, or do enough damage that they wouldn't be a factor later on.

Yeah 10,000 was enough, it was just that the ents got half of them

Didn't the ents attack isengard while the 10,000 army was away

Because he knew what Sauron was cooking up in Mordor.

The ents were at Helms Deep in the book. A forest appeared behind the orcs during the battle, and when they got calvary charged and retreated they had to retreat into that forest and the ents smashed all the orcs.

Movie has aged badly

This was the best part tho

It happens in the extended version too

>The ents were at Helms Deep in the book.
Well we are on Sup Forums not /lit/

>Return of the King holds the record for most sweep at Oscars
fucking plebs

It does? It's been a while since I've watched the movies but I don't remember that at all.

Return of the king was shit. Fellowship deserved a sweep and an oscar for ian mckellen

Yeah, I've watched the extended edition multiple times and I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that.

It might be implied that it wasnt the ents but something else but it shows the orcs retreating from their point of view into the forest and them it shows rustling of the trees and screaming and smashing from aragorn and co. point of view. I think its during sams speech?

It happens in the extended editions, Its more of a forest though

It does happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=u8a_UpuYVTg

I think it shows how BS the Oscars are because RotK only got a sweep once they realised how much people adored the trilogy's former iterations. They'd been slow to react and so they reacted with RotK even though the Fellowship is the best.

Definitely the oscar have been bs for a while. That was when it became most telling

10,000's a great number. Especially since they're all basically super-orcs, had well made weapons and were all plated up, shields and all. Not to mention Uruk-Hai are all murderous fanatics.

Interesting, probably time I watched them all again. Does the blu-ray edition have more cut stuff or is it the same as the dvd versions?

same size as some schools. a pathetic amount.

>camera sweep of isengard shows forest of pikes
>go to battle
>get smashed with cavalry
>not a single pike in sight

Why.

Those weren't Ents (who're their own race like humans, elves etc.), those were just trees that got roided up by magic water.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzugQBkUrZk

>same size as some schools

The fuck you going to school at? Beijing?

Ents > *********

In the movie anyway I can't read.

>"tens of thousands"
Sup Forums thinks it's only 10.000

no but i imagine some schools aren't far off it. i just came back from a small festival and that was 10,000. a poultry amount.

>small festival and that was 10,000. a poultry amount.

what kind of birds did you party with bro

he says ten thousand strong you retard

>"ten thousand strong at least"
>"AT LEAST"
hang yourself

that could mean 10,001 you spastic

and that's still more than 10, 000

They were blinded by ganfalfs charge

10,000-15,000 is more than enough to siege a castle like Helms Deep, and these weren't just regular troops either they were elite heavy infantry. Saruman would have easily won If Gandalf hadn't shown up and the Ents hadn't fucked over Isengard.

They are called Ucornos or Ucorns or something like that IIRC

menu meat?

It's not a question of Blu-ray or DVD. There's extended editions of all three films and the last one is nearly an hour of new material including the Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf's duel with the Witch King etc. There's a Blu-ray and a DVD of both the extended and theatrical versions.

jesus, that fucking game

Rohan's only got, and I'm quoting from the movie here, 300 men (young and old) in Helm's Deep and Eomer's 2000 riders. By ROTK they managed to bring up 6000 max, which was less than half of what Theoden predicted.

Saruman did say his army numbered tens of thousands, but Aragorn said it was at least ten thousand. It doesn't make any sense for Aragorn to say that if the army is 30 or 50 thousand.

no those were huorns at helms deep, completely different species than ents

the last march of the ents did happen in the books I think

>elite heavy infantry

Not sure about the elite part. Bezerkers maybe

I played the shit out of this game