Whats the fucking appeal of the genre "emo" fuck these vocals fuck these cringy lyrics fuck those average instrumentals...

whats the fucking appeal of the genre "emo" fuck these vocals fuck these cringy lyrics fuck those average instrumentals FUCK EMO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SX3KNG6exM
youtube.com/watch?v=qacaykelROU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Average compared to what

stfu the instrumentals suck

Its loud and fast and its got a lot of energy in it, I don't know about why other people like emo but it gives off a nice and nostalgic vibe of being young and rebellious to me and thats why I like it

Black metal does everything they do but better and it actually sounds good

The word cringey should be banned from the internet lexicon. It sounds so bad when you sound it out. Cringeworthy. Just say cringeworthy.

That's cringe, black metal teens always have to make it about black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=6SX3KNG6exM
this song is great

>cringy anything
how to spot a pleb
"no"

yea all those demons and shit have alot in common with emo

>black metal teens
Edgy teens listen to emo, most teenage metal fans listen to Metallica and the like.

fuck off retard

The vocal style has screaming but the screaming is actually good and has a purpose in BM, whereas, it's just cringey whining in emo over boring, poor instrumentation.

you say that from experience or youre just throwing a somewhat plausible sounding claim out of your ass because you desperately wanna be defensive about some irrelevant subgenre?
i listened to black metal when i was a teen (i still kinda do but you make me not wanna), so you're wrong lol

Bullshit Edgy teens aren't into emo. Shit i doubt any of today's teens have even heard of; Sunny day real estate, Mineral, Texas is the reason and the like. Your talking out your ass.

>is actually good
how so?
>has a purpose
how so?
> it's just cringey
how so?
>boring, poor instrumentation
how so?

youtube.com/watch?v=qacaykelROU is this emo ?

being "whiney" implies that it has a purpose, namely emotional release

Sounds pretty emo, surprised i ain't heard of em before. Sounds pretty good.

>plausible sounding claim
It's plausible sounding because it's true and you know it, you literally just admitted it yourself. Go to a black metal concert and you'll see.
Teens haven't heard of black metal either. When most people hear black metal for the first time, they equate it with screamo/emo which is entirely different as we all know. Emo is much less "obscure" than black metal as far as your average person's knowledge of it goes. Do you really think teens of today have heard of Gorgoroth, Satyricon, and Enslaved?
It has good instrumentation, the music takes a lot more skill to perform and that pays off because it sounds good, it has the right balance of rhythm through the distortion and noise while also projecting an engulfing atmosphere, if you don't believe me, listen to Under a Funeral Moon, one of the most perfect examples of this combination. It has a purpose because it creates a unique atmosphere, each album offers a different bleak world to imagine while you listen to it. Emo is cringey because it's just a bunch of fems whining about their teenage problems, whereas, at least BM makes an attempt to address more deep (dare I say it) and spiritual aspects of society and the world.

It's almost as if you don't know anything about emo...

Black metal sounds nothing like emo, if most people heard emo they'd say it is indie rock. The idea that even a normie would get them mixed up is plain dumb. Black metal is pretty infamous (church burnings etc). I think teens today probably have heard of Gorogoroth cause it's what i listed to when i had my edgy teenage black metal phase about 8 years ago.

Seriously though dude you need to give it a rest your so wrong here. Like you feel a strong need to be right your ignoring how you don't know shit. Maybe the truth doesn't matter to you. Comparing emo to BM makes no sense Internet friend.

>Black metal is pretty infamous (church burnings etc)
Almost nobody has heard of those, there are church burnings all over the world all the time, those were just a couple that happened in one place for a short period of time over 20 years ago, if anybody had heard about it on the news back then they have likely completely lost it from memory by now. Hell, most people these days don't even know Jim Morrison died, let alone that he even existed. Do you really think they'd know about a few incidents in some obscure music scene in Norway in the early 90s?
>I think teens today probably have heard of Gorogoroth cause it's what i listed to when i had my edgy teenage black metal phase about 8 years ago.
Again, you're projecting. Go to some YouTube comment section where there are a lot of teens, say like on one of the most popular music videos on the front page, and start asking around about Gorgoroth in the comment chains, and tell me your results, please.

>Most people don't even know jim Morrison is dead
M8 your being super retarded. Your comparison of BM and emo makes no sense you only made it because you know nothing about emo.

Like you think i can't tell your talking out your ass. Its time to stop user. Its time to stop.

>M8
>Its time to stop user. Its time to stop.
Nice one reddit

wew lad, of all of the genres you choose black metal

I literally never go on reddit. But just to lay it into you some more. Jim Morrison is famously dead. Like one of the reasons hes so famous is because he died from a probable drug overdose aged 27. Those black metal church burnings were a really big news story at the time, i remember my dad going on about it and showing me this news report he recorded.

Shit most of the time i mention black metal to a normie they say "those guys burn churches right"? Maybe it's not a good idea to talk out your ass, just a suggestion new friend.

>black metal teens
unless you live in Norway or Sweden that's not a thing lmao

people who listen to emo are the same kind of ppl who self diagnose mental illnesses

Lurk more, newfag