Planning to tale a trip to Iceland next summer. What would I be in for?

Planning to tale a trip to Iceland next summer. What would I be in for?

some things

Gnomes.

no ananas on pizza

Better than being a Nisse county like you

>pizza
Why are the scadi countries so obsessed with pizza anyway?

A lot of fellow tourists to socialize with. Real people should be left well alone.

Why? I want to interact with natives but everyone says it's a bad idea.

every country in the world is obsessed with pizza

should meet up with the 7 or so icelandic on that posts on Sup Forums

I'd actually really like to do that. The Icelanders here seem hella cool.

Because they don't like foreigners
But who can blame them?

Exactly right. Unless they are intentionally visiting your country, in my experience, Icelanders want nothing to do with you.

i agree. never had a quip with any of them and all seem fun to actually hang with.

it's bullshit/memes, been to Iceland too and had plenty of nice contact with locals

I've been to Reykjavik 2 times visiting relatives (my mother is from there) and even the city people seemd to keep their distance. Doesn't mean they weren't nice to me, but i think you get my point.

Rude, why? What if you just want to have a friendly convo? I know Scandis are shy but you should be able to hold a decent conversation with a stranger. Hiw do you guys get dates if you never talk to people you don't know?

Some of them are really fucking cool, others are complete turbo autists who wont shut up about Danish oppression despite them or their great grandparents never having experienced it or how other Nordic languages are inferior because"evolved" beyond their comprehension.

Stick to meeting regular people and not 4channers.

Isn't it that Icelandic developed much differently from the other scandi languages because it was isolated?

It is. But some icelandic anons (pretty sure its just one) gets triggered and shitposts about us being influenced by other languages and how the idea of a language evolving is completely fucking stupid.
Jokes on him though, Faroese is actually closer to old norse than Icelandic is.

That's completely true. Doesn't make modern Scandinavian languages inferior though. Not for that reason, anyway.

>dates

no one dates here

we get shitfaced and fuck eachother

also if you go to iceland you better know we scandinavians heavily dislikes "small talk"

>how the idea of a language evolving is completely fucking stupid
I think I'm inclined to agree. The more a language evolves the harder it becomes to understand the old writings in it. That's a definite advantage Icelandic has.

It'd be nice to date someone. I wonder what countries raise the most hopeless romantics.

hi norway. how's your day so far?

Wft Icelandic sounds nothing like the other nordic languages
I find the nordic languages to be inferior but for a separate reason. Norsk at least uses as little words to communicate as possible so it all just seems, I dunno, barbaric in a way? As apossed to romantic languages anyway.
Well Norway does have the highest count in one night stands. It just puts me off though, how do any of you make friends? Seems like you guys are somewhat opressed from being sociable.

>Faroese is actually closer to old norse than Icelandic is.
Why do you say so?

It's something about it not only being an isolate but also being relatively unchanged compared to Icelandic which has changed quite a bit by itself since the days of old norse.

>how do any of you make friends?

Can only speak for Germany, but we are not that far away, so...
You make your friends in school, your childhood neighbourhood or university. After that it is pretty fucking hard. Maybe through mutual friends or interests (clubs) but overall at the end of your education there is no great chance to make new friends.

You make friends in school and if you stop seeing them when you are an adult then you're shit out of luck because you aren't going to get new friends as an adult. I have personally never made actual friends after the army.

I love your flag please love me
Jesus Christ how terrifying. What the actual fuck? This is just... It's not even a matter of culture, that's just twisted. I'm so glad I'm American. I'd rather have unwanted attention then being stuck with only knowing my elementary school class my whole life.

You have no idea. I love the fact that we are reclusive. I don't have a need of meeting new people. I dont understand that.

This

Man that really sucks. If you want we can be internet buddies on Instagram? I have an open account @mermaid_memer
I just think people should be able to make casual buddies and it shouldn't be a big deal, you know? It's not like you have to be super deep and intimate every person ever. It's just really weird to me that that's the case.

go away american, you don't understand our culture

I guess I don't, it really doesn't make sense to me why it's culturally encouraged to isolate yourself socially. I get personal space, I really do, but you guys take it to far to where you all have to appear as having shallow personalities. Like having deep human emotion is haram and you shouldn't show it. That's not a healthy way of thinking.

Bork

I lived there for 3 months. Everybody is completely fluent in English, natural speakers. They're a little butt mad at the US because we have a big base on their land and we kindof "own" them low key.

surprisingly rural outside of lake ugly wolf. Glaciers are neat. Blue lagoon is a tourist trap but it's worth it. Women are pretty, the dollar goes very far.

Uhhh.... clean? It's alright. It's nice but not as nice as you might think.

Also I'm the summer be prepared for zero night.

Why does Ireland have such a high rate of Tourette's people?
How's the food? Did you visit any of the black sand beaches?

>the dollar goes very far
Are you saying shops accept dollars as payment? You are clearly memeing then.

I went to iceland and I really enjoyed the trip, i visited many places but seriously It's so fucking expensive. Get ready for that lol

BORK

Pretty much this. Beautiful place, Reykjavik was heavenly and I plan on going back to nab me an Icelander so I can just stay there. But damn, it was expensive. Go to Bonus or some other supermarket and buy food there. I stayed in a cheap hostel and it had a kitchen, so that held me over. Otherwise, man, in the city and at tourist attractions, food can be pricey. Everything can, really. Dunno what it's like in summer, though. Have fun.

See I'm planning on visiting Reykjavik too. Would you compare their prices to the prices and say Hawaii or Alaska?

Probably. But you'll still be hard pressed to get a meal in downtown Reykjavik for under 20 bucks (the semifamous fish and chips place is great). Otherwise, I'd say an average meal is at least $40, and a beer is usually $9 or so, but if you do a bit of searching, there are some places with beers for like 4 or 5 bucks. A supermarket will have cheap items, but imported stuff can be expensive.

>average meal is at least $40
What the hell? How does anyone live like this?

Faroese has developed more than Icelandic. Faroese has undergone a few sound changes, e.g. Verschaerfung, þ -> h or t, ð becoming silent, í changing from a long i to an "ui" sound, etc, etc. Icelandic is much closer to Old Norse in terms of vocabulary and grammar, too.

I would beat up an Icelandic if i ever met one

I'd join in. Fucking snow niggers deserve no less

I'm talking about the main street in downtown Reykjavik. It's marketed toward rich tourists, especially the asians.

Buy all your food at the supermarkets and alcohol at the duty free, it's much cheaper. Other than gas station hotdogs which are cheap I only ate at a real restaurant once and I was there two weeks.

I wish I had Faroese friends, your language is so fucking cool
>not gang rape
Missing out on some prime Icelandic boipucci
I'll make sure to save up extra then because I don't want cheap nasty ass food

The food there was incredible. I've had some of the best food of my life there, but for a price.

Are you really still mad? ;DDDDD

>tfw crying into the earth
legendary

Damn. I better get ready now then.
Be my friend

Icelandic food is nothing special, you can get better quality in any major city in the US

What about traditional foods? Any traditional hot spots I can hit up?

>no one dates here
I go on dates
But then again, I don't drink.
Also Icelandic women have pretty damn fucking high standards, so don't expect to be getting any decent pussy here.
Or if you're getting pussy, expect it to be solely because you're a foreigner

>I lived there for 3 months
>They're a little butt mad at the US because we have a big base on their land and we kindof "own" them low key.
Nigger why you lying?
Nobody gives a shit other than retarded leftists
The only common thing people think about Americans is that they're retarded
>the dollar goes very far.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He's saying the exchange rate is favorable which is complete bullshit

Nuke Denmark
Pay reparations
Exterminate your ugly language

But it's literally the opposite. You're extremely shallow and friendly while here we're are off putting but judge somebody by their qualities, respect their space and makes friends for life.

Based Iceland

To be fair it has changed a lot the past three years.

Iceland is THE most welcoming country in the world. They aren't mean spirited like Germans.

>welcometugal

>Also Icelandic women have pretty damn fucking high standards
Maybe you are just not sot
>retarded leftists
I thought Iceland was very leftist though?

>Maybe you are just not sot
I'm above average in looks for an Icelander
If I was in any other country I'd be drowning in pussy.
Icelandic chicks, the hot ones, only really go for 10/10s, athletes, etc.
>I thought Iceland was very leftist though?
Every western country is leftist compared to America.

Meals are moss and whale meat.

Maybe you are just not trying hard enough? I here most Scandi people look in pubs for hook ups but you're only going to meet shallow people that way. You should try going to some group activity to meet genuine girls.
What do you mean by the latter?
Ironice coming from your flag

>You should try going to some group activity to meet genuine girls.
Sorry user but this is Iceland
Only places to meet women here are: When you're out drinking, at school, at work or online
>What do you mean by the latter?
That my country's right-wing would be considered left-wing in America

Are you the 5'5 construction worker built body guy?

No, I'm 6'1
Also, women in Iceland don't care about height, probably because they don't expect to actually meet any manlets

wasn't that a brit though?

I thought it was an Icelandic but he keeps getting bullied in /brit. Usually gets ask if it's him or the gay one... unless I'm mistaken.

You sound like an alpha. Surprise it's not easy for you

Like I said
Icelandic girls have way too high standards

I looked into visiting Iceland and grew angry at the cost of everything. Fuck their shitty barely-habitable rock.

When all the chads gets taken, you'll become the new chad and this problem will not exist in your life anymore

I'd rather just move.
I love my country, but it keeps getting shittier and shittier
There is no competition in the market, so prices only go up, never down.
This goes both for stores and for the housing market
I'm gonna finish my University degree and move the fuck out of here, and then drown in pussy in some foreign country

That sounds difficult. Well if you want, we can be internet friends. I posted my Instagram here if you want to chat on that. Iceland seems very interesting and I'd love to learn more about your culture.

What degree are you getting?

No thanks
Don't really want any online friends
Computer Science

I'm thinking about studying software engineering but I'm afraid I'll develop autism

Ok then, that's alright. :/
I think I've actually met you on this board before. I'm actually getting my bachelors in animation which is strangely counted as a computer science. What are you planning on doing with it?

You wont get autism from studying software engineering unless you already have autism
In which case it will just make your autism worse
Probably get a masters degree after my BSc

Do it man. You still in highschool?
That sounds fucking rad dude. What country would you want to move to? Don't you have family attachment in your homeland?

No, I've graduated. A lot of degrees here start every other year though because limited demand.

>What country would you want to move to?
Undecided
>Don't you have family attachment in your homeland?
Not really.

Do whatever makes you feel happy man. Also, we should be friends now :3
Switzerland is always a god-teir option, I'd go with that if I were you. Plus, the Italian Swiss women have very low standards.

>the Italian Swiss women have very low standards
Sounds good to me as long as they're not STD riddled hoes.

Well you really have great options for women there. Italians, Germans, Romansh, French, there's a hell a lot of Portuguese people there too. It's such a perfect country, I wish I lived there.

Germany has always been succ though

>What would I be in for?
a land filled with a lot of ice.

That's Greenland Though?