Cont

Cont.
Learned everything about music from listening and studying rap/hiphop, ask me any music theory questions you want to know the answer to.

Other urls found in this thread:

bit.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you think about figured bass? Is it really superior to having notes as long as you have good players?

will it stop you from being a faggot though?

Nope.

Record yourself double tapping technical math rock in 7/8 time signature

Situational. If you're talking through composition, it's really just a tool to get through it, if you're talking about just giving some musicians a chart of unfinished figured bass, that's pretty stupid on your part. If anything, give lead sheets with chords and take note of what's done with it.

Nice job throwing a bunch of terms together, my friend. I need a tempo if you want double time tapping.

What notes comprise the major scale in C derived from Pythagorean tuning?

Pythagorean tuning doesn't change the notes of a major scale, only the frequency.
The notes are stil CDEFGA and B. Add an octave to be literal about it.

Am^2 + Bdim^2 = C

Now this is funny

The 50 and 100 dollar notes!!!

What is Joseph Haydn known for spear-heading in 18th century music development and who were his contemporaries?

Honestly dude, you can just google this.
If you're asking you already know he didn't make chamber ensembles, but he did bring them into the public eye. Don't know his cohorts, though, but this isn't related to theory.

haydn is shit and sviatoslav richter only said he liked him more than mozart because he was bullied into it during the interview

nobody play haydn

he's just troll mozart who adds retarded embelishments and motifs in otherwise repetitive and drab "sonatas" and his non-piano works are even worse

So far, like always, there's just people trying to put me down with questions they think I wouldn't know.

Are you writing music? Maybe want advice on composition? Maybe need help understanding wtf is a tritone sub?
Ask and find out.

Mozart was inspired by Haydn's work in equal part I'd say. Also Haydn did much more for modern Symphonies, where Mozart spent too much time at the piano

I'm having a hard time believing you learned all this shit from "listening and studying rap/hiphop" (unless that's the joke and it went right over my head) What I think is that you are an actual music major and afraid to admit it because it was a waist of time and money. The only good that a degree in that field does is if you're planning on teaching it to others.

I'm thinking about using pentatonic scales in 11/8 time for my next prog rock concerto. Thoughts?

If I was, I'd be out there with a job right now, friendo. Personal research is stronger than you think when you love something.

Whats the difference between Ab and G#?

"learned everything about music from listening rap/hiphop"
TOP KEK
you mean you put shit in your ears faggot nigger

Pentatonic is always good in any context.
11/8 however, has no point to it. 5/4 would be a better option as it's not out of the blue and can still groove without awkward beats.

Enharmonic notes.

>waist

I don't completely agree with that. There's definitely a "toxic" mainstream that should be avoided with all music and other forms of media but if you look hard enough there's definitely a lot of really relatable hiphop out there. Rap to a degree but I find that it's just a lot of white niggers.

The hiphop I refer to is within the R&B category, melodic rappers, arrangers that take a lot from funk and cool Jazz. Andre 3K is someone I bring up a lot. He made the band what it is even though he wasnt the tip top rhymer, he had great ideas and theory behind them.

Describe note addition

If it's not just the math that goes into music (adding the durations within the measure), then it's additive notes or rhythms to an already existing phrase that repeats.
You see a lot of this in rap with the back track, and even more in R&B with ornamented chords on the synth.

>Learned everything about music from listening and studying rap/hiphop
Oh boy

200bpm

Why is rap so shitty and how can we get rid of it?

I also played a bunch of stuff in high school.
When I graduated, I started studying the tropes in hiphop and rap, bordering on R&B, and I did a lot of self study almost every day these past 5 years to learn theory. I know as much as some of my music major friends who helped me out a lot.

400bpm, double time of 200, is when the tempo becomes an unbroken stream, I'm afraid I cant physically do that.

Why is death metal so shitty and how we get rid of it?

Stop buying shitty albums from mumble rappers and morons who can't find C on a keyboard.
Listen to the people who try and actually rap on key.

You won't get rid of rap, but you will get rid of the shitty no talent wannabes that plague the industry.

I mean this is just wrong
Also you said you learned everything about music
Also learned and learnt are not really the same

It could just be googled, copied and pasted, and you would still complain.

except nobody thinks he didn't write chamber music

Popularized it in an instrumental world.
Chamber music existed for years beforehand starting with vocals under a broad genre, just like every new genre has to first stem from an existing one to be recognized.

It was a good bait my friend

So you have improved this bait, hmm? Does it give you some kind of perverted pleasure to receive so many angry replies?

how do i finger a minor?

Why can't atheists define avant-garde?

explain time signatures to a pleb

It's not bait. Although I could word it better.
Gain their trust.
Avantgarde comes from the soul.

What are your thoughts on the majority of rap featuring boring ass arpeggiated minor chords as the main harmonic pinning for the song

It is bait. Like they say... no such thing as bad press, right? A wretched little shit like you will take any kind of attention and be happy for it.

Number on top is how many of the notes of the bottom measure are in a measure.
Top 4
Bottom 4
4 quarter notes.

Bottom numbers 16- sixteenth note 8-eighth 4-quarter 2-half 1-Whole

Dude, Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers is in 11/8. Also, how much about combinatoriality did you learn from rap?

The answer is string quartets you hob goblins.

Hueh I take part of dis row and combine with part of dis row! I m genius legendary composer make NeW ROW

>music theory
>studying rap/hiphop
>STUDYING
>RAP
>HIP HOP

"music" yeah right
get fucked

What do you mean, "rap on key"

Barely any. It all came from theory talking with music friends.

And 11/8 is still ridiculous, it's easy to fall into a pocket when writing in it.

Actually rhyme on chord dunes
Tones instead of random flat syllables

Mins naming a rapper that's "the best" at hat, like musically technical

aye and symphonies

no guys OPs legit. did you guys not listen to NWA at all?

[Verse 1 - Ice Cube:]
>Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker >named Ice Cube
>From the gang called Niggas With Attitudes
>When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
>Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
>You too, boy, if ya fuck with me
>This shits 4/4 never fuck with 3/3
>For the punk motherfuckers, penatonics some shit
> but diatonic, minor harmonics that's the real shit
>Niggaz start to mumble, they wanna rumble
>Mix em and cook em in a pot like Aeolian gumbo

You got a kik? I'm a composer and like chit chatting about the relevancy of theory with people who like it.

Isn't it funny how all theory basically boils down to "because it sounds nice"

where do you find those on tumblr?

sauce?

>3/3

can you count time signatures? do you know how to find the key of a song? do you know what the key of a song is? do you know who RA the rugged man is? how about Jack Kerouack? how about actually playing an instrument?

atleast were not all dim

tyra moore, ur welcome

>KerouacK

Triggered

cent values. While they are arguably the same note each has a different cent value

Sauce or the dog gets it

Don't have one, but you can leave yours and Im sure my username is somewhere.

Yes to all of that. Look in the thread my dude.

Theldj , send me a message, we can be gay and listen to each other's work if you have any

Sauce please

That's because Music Theory is what it is, because first there was music motifs and tropes that worked, and because they work it became part of theory rules.
If you go against theory, you might be able to make something nice, but most of the time, it'll be shit.

I'll see about it later on today. You're probably going to get a ton of Sup Forumstards in the meantime, but I'll get there eventually.

bit.
ly/2ip7fzF

Basically this, I've always found theory to just be the thing that describes what sounds good. It's a tool more than anything, knowledge of theory alone won't write a Symphony for you but it'll show you how to connect your ideas in a fluid matter.

I look at music theory pages.

what's homophonic texture?