Party Music that doesn't suck

I need you now more than ever Sup Forums.

I'm throwing a party tonight for the first time and I need help putting together a playlist for pleb listeners.

What I'm looking for is understated instrumental funk, or music similar. (I know that's not what normies listen to but I'm not gonna listen to shit all night in my own home).

Thanks for anything you guys contribute.

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/santaswe9/playlist/7qpeTxUPlxLT4uMBuI7nyW
youtube.com/watch?v=KSGWsmR4ipM
youtube.com/watch?v=omfiVkkJ1OU
youtube.com/watch?v=xIS71SbRMnQ
youtu.be/gd62SwP8ENA
itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/the-a-list-hip-hop/idpl.abe8ba42278f4ef490e3a9fc5ec8e8c5
meltyourselfdown.bandcamp.com/album/melt-yourself-down
billboard.com/charts/hot-100
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>understated instrumental funk

don't do this OP, just play semi-decent normie music or it will be awkward

just play tropical house

So far the playlist is 2 hours long and consists of
>Some Herbie Hancock, Head Hunters tracks
>Some Bobbi Humphrey tracks
>Bacano, by Orgone
>The Olympians, The Olympians

>throwing a party tonight for the
*pfffffffffff*

is this party to enjoy the company of others, get drunk and chill or a way for you to assert your refined music taste on friends?

once again, don't do this OP.

pretty much this

haha holy shit dont do that if its a party and not a dinner date or something. No one wants to get fucked up to herbie hancock

I feel like my lack of knowledge of what people actually listen to at parties would cause me to make a shittier playlist than if I found music I actually like and that anyone can listen to.

On the off-chance that you're serious, connect a laptop or phone to a decent sound system, log into your streaming service of choice and let people choose when they get there

just use a spotify dance music playlist or something

I feel like funk is way more fun to chill to than trap (or whatever kids these days listen to). Especially if there's no lyrics so you can talk over it.

Even more so I'd prefer jazz, but I feel like the beat and instrumentation is funk is more palatable to a pleb listener.

Actually OP, I (im ) have 2 saviours for you
one is a party playlist for complete normies and one is for people a little bit more open minded
open.spotify.com/user/santaswe9/playlist/7qpeTxUPlxLT4uMBuI7nyW

There's a Spotify playlist that has hot tracks on it. Just play that, new kdot, joey badass, cash carti, etc

U gotta know how to turn up before u call turn up music trash ya dig

Pop punk

what age group are you and your friends?

We're all 18

Then turn on the fucking radio.

OP, please, stop being fucking autistic. You throw a party for other people, not yourself.

autism

DNA on repeat senpai

Just download a couple Boiler Room mixes and play that

Unless your friends are literal faggots who like grimes or something

then they won't like funk and jazz. just give them access to the aux or bluetooth connection. you might like their music and if not at least be a good host and don't make it awks for everyone by playing your music.

youtube.com/watch?v=KSGWsmR4ipM
I don't dance, but I'd dance to this

youtube.com/watch?v=omfiVkkJ1OU
silly, but fun

youtube.com/watch?v=xIS71SbRMnQ
this cuz why not

There's a playlist on Spotify called "Songs that get drunk white girls excited." Use that. Don't be autistic.

I definitely want to cater, but that's what all the booze and pot are for. I feel like playing music that's "out of my lane" would make me feel and seem like a poser.

It's gonna be frat boys / sorority girls with some nerds mixed in

youtu.be/gd62SwP8ENA
Deerhoof - FĂȘte d'Adieu

don't care what race y'all are or what music you prefer, the album Breakup Song has perfect party songs

>Party just to get fucked up
Literally just play Kendrick's new album

>Dinner party/lounging around and shit
Literally play "old" tunes like Neil Diamond and Madonna and shit

Get all the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club compilations.

Don't be like this guy op

Just play indie pop or top 40 pop, you autistic child.

Don't listen to all the autists saying you have to play super normie pleb shit. Obviously you're not going to playing avant-post-ambient-chiptune stuff that is completely impenetrable to the layperson, but something like a funk playlist you're considering would make for a much more interesting party than the same radio nonsense that you don't even like.

Okay if I need to go the route of Rap how's stuff like this
>Run the Jewels 3
>Frank Ocean, Blonde
>MF Doom, Mmm Food

>something like a funk playlist you're considering would make for a much more interesting party than the same radio nonsense that you don't even like
maybe for someone like you but we're talking about normies here

I'm thinking for the best of both worlds I could just cut down my Funk playlist with a bunch of decent rap

i feel like none of you guys have ever been to a party where everyone had to gather around and sing happy birthday to the birthday boy

for a party with teenage normies you just need something high energy and mindless for the most part because people will be fucked up after a couple of hours, this ain't the time to me a Sup Forums autist

*didn't have to

That's how it's done. Mix in some crowd-pleasers with stuff that's more to your taste but still accessible and/or decently-well-known.

I implore you to play this, at least as a back up. Talking Heads are the safest thing in the world to play

there's a gulf between "playing only pleb shit" and "being a Sup Forums austist". middle ground exists. shaking things up with songs that everyone hasn't heard 500 times already can actually be good social lubrication if handled properly.

itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/the-a-list-hip-hop/idpl.abe8ba42278f4ef490e3a9fc5ec8e8c5

>Lil Uzi Vert radio
>Drake radio
>The Chainsmokers radio

Don't fuck this OP, someone will change your shitty music if you try to anyways. At least set the tone correctly.

Don't complain that it's plebteir music, just fucking do it.

no. in this case there's no middle ground. the attendees will be mostly 18 year old frat and sorority members with alcohol and weed freely available. playing anything other than the most accessible music is asking for trouble. you understand the music is just a soundtrack to the debauchery in these parties

meltyourselfdown.bandcamp.com/album/melt-yourself-down

Dance bby

The thing people want to hear when they're at a party or really most social gatherings is music they know. You can play music "just for atmosphere" in some cases and only worry about the overall sound but not in a situation where people will dance.

OP don't be retarded go to billboard.com/charts/hot-100 and play those songs

Please OP don't reveal your autism it will not go well

I-I want to get fucked up to some Herbie..

JPEGMAFIA

PROTIP: The whole point of a good DJ is to adapt and accommodate to the audience/crowd/club, not the other way round.