Is it good?

Is it good?

No.

It's great.

Its fucking awesome. Currently watching it a second time.

Yes. It's about a boy that dies then his three friends meet a MtF transgender 11 year old. It's a very heartwarming story about transgender acceptance.

>Transgender acceptance

thread derailed.

It's pretty... good.

>transgender acceptance.
is this bait?

>netflix show
>anything but a low budget garbage
I want to believe...

>show takes place in 1983
>in one scene, car full of teenagers is listening to radio and "i wear my sunglasses at night" by corey hart comes on the radio.
>song wasnt released until late 1984

100% DROPPED. why cant period series like this ever pay attention to the details?

it's bait.

>Not understanding metaphors
Did you really think this was a show about a monster and alternate dimensions? lol

yes very enjoyable and scary

What metaphors you autist? A girl with short hair has nothing to do with transgenders

>WWII movie
>It Ain't Me starts playing

It's really good OP, watch it now.

I'm between this and mr robot

the little transgender kid's story reminds me of an anime

I love it, lads. What's some more stuff like it?

The room she was locked in was a metaphor for her being trapped inside a boy's body.
The US government guys was a metaphor for transphobic people.
The monster was a metaphor for the male side of her not letting her become female.
The Upside Down was a metaphor for a non-transgender accepting world.
It's full of metaphors.

The Butterfly Effect has a very similar (almost identical in some ways) feel to it

Fucking amazing film

Thought I'd come to Sup Forums and see a bunch of hate comments about it

Underrated post

The Goonies
E.T.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Parallax View
Ellen Lied
Beyond the Black Rainbow

>film
???

my bad

I've only watched about 4 shows (including this one) in my life so I'm not used to them

I've only just finished it, but can I assume Sup Forums reacted sensibly and calmly to this scene?

>Ellen Lied

ask me how I know you've never seen it

Not really. Its another MUH 80s show. It's not as bad as kung fury, but it's on the same level as turbo kid. Soundtrack is awful too.

Jonathan got turbo-cucked

>Ellen Lied

He looks like the guy from Risky Business, so duh she chooses him.

"I got you tickets to POLTERGEIST"
"C'mon mom lemme play some D&D"
"Yeah I got all the greats, BOWIE, THE CLASH, JOY DIVISION"
*EVIL DEAD poster on wall*
"*AFRICA by TOTO plays*

is ash vs evil dead any good too?

> TV-14

pass

>one monster dead?
>hopper found a hatched monster egg in the upside down.
>hopper probably wasnt "just a city cop" before he came to hawkings.
>hopper now working for the goverment or made a deal?
>Gate still open
>probably still expanding
>the scientists claimed the world was toxic.
>will, hopper, nancy and wiona ryder all were exposed to the world.
>will is starting to change? because of A: the upside down toxins or B: the thing that was in his mouth when they found him.
>there where skulls in the upside down, could not be from the people the monster took from the normal world because they where still decaying when hopper went in and the entire show is only on a span of like 10 days.

And a shitload of other stuff, they have more then enough open stuff to start a new season.
Pitty netflix will be death by the end of the year.

Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>Pitty netflix will be death by the end of the year.
???

Give it a few days mate.

Steve is great. He had a great arc in the show. Jonathon's story was getting his brother back. Nancy's story was to find Barbara. They didn't change a whole lot, other than their bonding through monster hunting. But Steve became a better person, ditched his shitty friends, and went ham on the creature at the end one on one when he had no idea what the fuck was going on. He was the hero, he should get the girl. Steve is the second best character on the show

That said They may kill him off next season because his character arc is over essentially

Netflix member subscriptions are in freefall.

>not enough content
>removing content
>getting more expensive soon.
>is even more shit outside of the US.
>etc...

Either netflix dies a slow death or they get bought out by a media powerhouse only to be cut in to pieces.

didn't understand the last scene when the worm came out of his mouth and the dimensions flickered

why didn't he mention it either when he sat at the table?

He either doesn't remember it happening, or the baby Demagorgon messed with his head, either way he's linked with the upside down now.

The monster was doing something to him in the upside down with that giant worm thing in his mouth.
And he is probably too scared to tell his mom&brother.

because he is a healer in D&D always looks out for others, it was xmas and his mom and bro was happy

How come Will is the magician in the game of D&D and fireballs are foreshadowed nonstop, but the black kid is the one who shoots the rock and El is the real magician?

>Clerics having access to fireball.

demigorgon pls go

I assumed the "seeing the upside down" bit was PTSD.

The slug was the same kind that was coming out of Barb's corpse in Eleven's vision earlier, so I assume that either:

A: Long exposure to toxic air is what causes the slugs to grow in your body, which would explain why Barb had them despite not having one of those feeding tube things.

or

B: The creature was using the bodies to breed them for whatever reason.

Alternatively, I'd like to add that it could potentially be another type of creature that got Will and glued him to the wall since they never actually showed what attacked hm.

Long shot, but fuel for thought since we don't actually know the significance/threat of the slugs (one of which is now living in either the Hawkins sewer system or the family septic tank) yet or what they mean for poor Will.

yeah

It's okay.
Better than I thought it would be but not as good as it could have been.
Ash is sort of looser and a dick and has his action hero qualities from Army of Darkness.
He's got two young sidekicks who are actually pretty decent but they don't really get much development. You can kind of tell the writers don't know what to do with them.

The fights are actually really nice for a tv show and the soundtrack is pretty groovin. Generally it keeps a nice brisk pace and the episodes are only half-hour.

It's only been though it's first season so hopefully it will get better.

It's definitely worth a watch if you want a gory action show with some goofyness.

I liked it and I was surprised that the childactors didn't piss me off. They were a bit wooden from time to time but it didn't annoy me.

The biggest problem with the show is, that it felt like a big deja vu for me. I couldn't get my head around where I saw this and that before but everything felt extremely familiar.
Also the very early reveal of the monster/alien sucked. They could have dragged that a little bit longer.

Do you think 11 could get you off telepathically? I'm not sure what you'd call it, maybe a "mindjob"?

MY DICK

post mindjobs

fucking this

>watching vinyl
>takes place in 197~
>guy playing a telecaster
>modern 6 saddle bridge
>not retro brass 3 saddle

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The creators literally said that they were influenced by Akira and Elfen Lied more than ET

>>there where skulls in the upside down
Those were the original inhabitants of Hawkins B, which is just one of many universes.

Think about it. If the show were really great would Netflix have to resort to shilling it every hour?

Show sucks, Netflix sucks. Eat a dick, shills.

He said "Ellen". not Elfen

>Autocorrect
That's cool, source? Eleven really reminded me of Tetsuo when he was younger. Elfen Lied was really good, too.

>thinking this much about transgender metaphors

oh boy

Why wouldn't you make the US government the male side of her stopping her from being female?

It's excellent. A breath of fresh air honestly.

Really, really good.
It can be really cheesy at times, but those parts are just so good that the cheese doesn't matter.

>he think netflix produces everything themselves

haha good one mate. if netflix goes under shows will get sold to other networks

RREEEEEEEE
But seriously, that actually made sense and I'm REALLY glad they did it. The alternative would have felt unrealistic.

It's a cancelled american adaptation starring Ellen Degeneres. In the miniseries she wanders through life in daze, occasionally ripping people apart with her mind powers while making awkward jokes.

It's been described as her most autobiographical work.
Unfortunately most of it was scrapped in favour of her sitcom: Ellen. However some of the footage of the lost Ellen Lied was still used in the show and can be found if you look hard enough.

She refers to herself as a monster this is how society views transgender people
The scene at the lake where she attempts to put on the wig again but shouts in anger shows her frustration with her inability to "pass"

TRIPS DON'T LIE, CONFIRMED

Normies haven't watched it yet so we like it. Once normies watch it we will start posting about how it's overrated trash.

>Boy teen, who used to shoot and hunt, can't shoot cans
>Know-nothing but Barbie doll girl teen shoots the can

All this "subtle" ball breaking in media is terrible.

it's the biggest new thing on redd!t

why do we watch it before normies?

I thought it was extremely out of character for her to actually crawl on the ground through the tree portal.

>boy teen who hated guns and hated hunting and only did it 10 years ago still has a fear of guns and has a flinch
>girl who has never fired a gun before wants to kill her enemy, has no flinch

jonathon was a beta desu

normies follow alphas like us

It's average, but like everything nowadays you have redditors who will pretend it's great because it makes them feel important. Same thing that happened with season 5 of Breaking Bad and game of thrones

you're a fucking idiot

said he shot guns when he was 10

her making it was just to show her determination

>"subtle"

learn to film and television

go back to /lgbt/ you maladaptive mentally ill freak

is better call saul any good?

This is a fucking kids show, you underaged fucks need to go back.

thanks for this

Why is it amazing? There was no depth or originality to the story, people acted irrationally, the child actors were irritating as hell and it was full of "le Star Wars xD is anyone else a le nerd???" references, that appeal directly to the reddit crowd.

The positives were that it had a very nice aesthetic and soundtrack and the lead actor had a nice story arc.

Aside from that it was just average, a nostalgic throwback that people feel necessary to completely overrate because it makes them feel like they're part of something. It's the same reason Ozymandias and that game of plebbit episode both have 10s on IMDB

>Africa by TOTO plays
>Atmosphere by Joy Division plays
>Elegia by New Order plays
>mfw
Suffice to say, this show has a god-tier soundtrack.

It's realistic retard. Even if she couldn't hit the can the guy should carry the melee weapon. You think her 110 pound frame could swing that bat with any real force? You give her the gun and she fires from a distance while you go hit them with the bat. That's the most logical thing to happen, outside the story reasons.

I thought it was made pretty clear that Johns first experience with a gun traumatised him. People with anxiety don't make good shooters.

>generic synth music plays

>Contains swearing, gore, underwear scenes, monsters, violence
>Kids show

>Not liking synth

Can someone tell me why the policeman was let go during his first break in to the department of energy facility? Why didn't they just kill him?

What about this cunt? He sold out baldy to the feds to save pregnant boy. Was that the right call?

why is the monster invincible to fully automatic gunfire from multiple guns but gets wounded and bleeds everywhere from a bear trap

>Don't let my precious baby see people in their underwear!
It's for kids and adults.

>le wrong generation
>thumbs up if u hate rap and pop and all this miley cyrus shit xD
>i only listen to rock n roll

>feds

Go back to twitter you cotton picking nigger

THIS, there's a real tendency to overrate new shows. The Expanse was another one desu

because it's an animal. bullets only work on people

Absolutely the best one he could have made in that situation.
The fire fucked it up, not the trap. Even that seemed to stress it out more than actually harm it, it's proved to be pretty much impervious to physical trauma.

It's shit