U2 doesn't have any good songs, much less any good albums...

U2 doesn't have any good songs, much less any good albums. They were never post-punk and never had any credibility or legitimacy whatsoever. They were never good live either.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VO7s7K4tn2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the unforgettable fire doesnt exist

Come back when you finish high school

They had a few good-ish songs early on. But these pretty much just sounded like Echo & the Bunnymen. Bono is an alright singer if you can ignore the fact that he's Bono.

U2 are a US military propaganda unit

you could say that before today

>But these pretty much just sounded like Echo & the Bunnymen
U2 pre-dated them desu but the influence between them was definitely a back and forth thing.

Plenty of stuff on the lighter end of the post punk spectrum sounded more or less similar.

a sort of homecoming is an incredible song

Kendrick Lmao features U2, bunch of no-life Sup Forumstants endlessly whine and make threads about U2 for the next week. Coincidence? I think not.

turns out that u2 is actually a great pleb filter!

dude U2 have been a target for criticism since forever

I think they'd be pretty well remembered if they broke up immediately after The Joshua Tree. But for the most part they deserve the criticism they get.

>But for the most part they deserve the criticism they get.

such as what?

>broke up immediately after zooropa
ftfy

>Achtung doesn't exist

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was a great song though and the Passengers project was really cool.

POP though.... It wasn't terrible, but it really killed their reputation in America and turned them into the Top 40 obsessed and album sales driven machine they've been since. Bono is so preoccupied by "relevance" and "mainstream success" now, he doesn't know how to write a good song anymore, he just tries to write songs he thinks both the masses and the kids will be into.

Transitioning toward vacuous adult contemporary stadium filler shit, and Bono being an insufferable turd.

Yes, there totally was 8 different U2 related threads at any given time for the past month and this isn't just a clusterfuck of trenders, baitthreads and whines that happened after DAMN.'s tracklist got posted.

fuck u2

Is the opening verse of XXX supposed to be so reminiscent of U2's Numb? Because it is, and it's weird that more people aren't mentioning it.

>Because it is, and it's weird that more people aren't mentioning it.
Most Sup Forumstants haven't heard Zooropa much less any of U2's discography outside of Vertigo

I don't understand all the hate for u2. They were never good, but they aren't that bad either. They just kind of exist as that one band that everyone's heard of but nobody really gives a shit about.

t. millenial who wasn't even alive for the peak of u2's fame and critical acclaim

As someone who's completely oblivious to U2, what's the big deal with Vertigo? Is it like their Kokomo or something?

pretty much. It's not a very good track and very much unlike the rest of their discography (which is actually surprisingly varied), but it was ridiculously popular and their most enduring musical statement of the past 20 years

Nah U2 released some genuinely great shit in the 80s and 90s. The thing is, they kind of deserve a lot of the hate they get these days, because their latter day output has been garbage, but they don't "just kind of exist". THe people who obsess over them do so for good reason.

This.
And while their output got blander, the band started to be "Charity star Bonos rant hour with background noise". And then finally jumping the shark with a back flip with The iPhone album debacle. That was the equivalent of Green Day launching Greenday Meal at McDonalds .

youtube.com/watch?v=VO7s7K4tn2k

FUCK U2 AND FUCK BONO

this

The only people who obsess over U2 are the ones with irrational hate for them.