Thoughts on my album cover?

Thoughts on my album cover?

What do you think it sounds like based on the cover?

The title will be "Flowers of Asphalt", but I'm not sure yet if I want to incorporate the title in the album cover.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12749256
samweinberg3.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im sorry but it comes across as ajoke. probably shitty indie or "shoegaze" thats super amateuric. might as well give up

probably pretentious avant-teen indie folk with some random noise cuz well
> le shoegaze wall of sound meme

might as well put it into the trash directly my guy

How about this?

corny bedroom slowcore for white fags that youll try to viral market on Sup Forums

Gold border on painting is out of place. Otherwise looks good.
Good but doesn't catch the eye

How about the flowers alone?

Bump

not gonna lie most of these r p boring, altho the painting one is nice

Post-hardcore mixed with classy I majored in music scales

None of the cover art options are bad at all, though the user mentioning the gold border looking out of place is correct, though I don't know what you'd replace it with. Personally I feel that the title, though, is a little bit cringy. Is it relevant to the album or just something that you liked the sound of? (no insult intended, it's cool that u are posting and looking for legit input+suggestions)

I just liked the sound of it.

Ugh choosing the right album cover/title is the hardest part of making an album. It's the ultimate first impression. Quite difficult.

this is really nice, i would def listen to an album based on this cover

yeah man I get you, it's tough for sure. Try and think of something that sums up the album thematically or represents how it feels and straw-poll your favorites to find the one that sounds best, good luck user, hope it goes ok, pls post the album here when released so we can listen!

If you post what it's about/sounds like etc maybe anons in this thread/in a new thread can help come up with a good title?

weird question but are your initials J P-J?

Yuck
Beautiful

Here's a strawpoll I made:
strawpoll.me/12749256

Some are track titles from the album, and some are just phrases that I like.
I'll definitely post it once I finish it. I'm very proud of it, so I want to make sure I have the right title and cover.
I'll upload it here: samweinberg3.bandcamp.com
My last album was recorded and mixed entirely on my iPhone, but for this next album I completely stepped up my songwriting and production game.

My biggest influences are Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Neutral Milk Hotel, and The Mountain Goats (among many many others). You can also check out my last album on my bandcamp, but this one will have a bit of a different sound.
It's very lyric-driven with fairly simple production. Some folk and psychedelic vibes as well. Some of the songs are about love relationships and breaking up, while some are more vague and surreal. Blonde on Blonde was a big lyrical inspiration for a lot of it.

Feel free to suggest any album titles if you have any.

nope

pretty meh

Bump

New Order/10

Even after looking at all 3 album covers you suggested all I'm thinking of is "Leaves". I think it fits, but then again I'm a newfag.

Hmmmm

Dude.... I actually kinda love it.

Thanks. There's a big chance this is the one I'll end up going with

im sorry but literally everything from the way you post, to your visual and linguistic aesthetic is pathetic...

Seems like a cool guy to me :/

Thoughts?

I don't love the way "Leaves" is written, but I can fix it in Photoshop by putting in something else

Forgot pic.

Also this was taken with flash, but I'll take a pic in better lighting when the sun is up

Make the text smaller imo. As far as the OP pic, just the center image as a cassette release would be legit.

I think the leaf itself needs to be a bit skinnier and longer, like pic related. I think the size of the text is okay it just needs to be rewritten and a bit neater. Otherwise pretty good.

And you should move the text a smudge more to the right.

And the pinky on the hand is fucked.

Kinda looks like a cool weird frontier album like that

Another draft.
"Leaves" will obviously be handwritten, but for now I just used snapchat to superimpose the text