Indie music

Hey Sup Forums. I'm new to this genre, but after playing Life is Strange, I got hooked. I loved the songs in the game, and I assume most of them are indie.

So, could anyone give me some recs on good indie bands/songs? Doesn't have to be similar to Life is Strange, just whatever indie music you like. Thanks in advance mates.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IURAKQV7q_o
youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM
play.spotify.com/user/22svhti7f54iri64aljlss7cy/playlist/5hQLAD6zGMKdgnQUsPQPhr?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open
soundcloud.com/user-704297963/rocket-propulsorr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

fuck off

That game is garbage

Jesus, I'm just looking for some recs. Who gives a shit about the quality of the game. I just want to listen to songs similar to the ones present there.

i know there's a sparklehorse song on there, if you liked it he's definitely worth checking out

If you are new here, listen the essentials, a lot of that can be considered "indie" whatever that means ( indie is a term describing the realese or production level of the music, not a genre)

Thank you my man. I didn't know that indie meant that. Honestly thought it was a music genre. I'll check these out.
Yeah, it was my favourite one. I'll check it out.

OP, check out Grandaddy they have the same tone/sounds as Sparklehorse

If you like Mark's voice, check out Elliott Smith

youtube.com/watch?v=IURAKQV7q_o
youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM

its technically not a genre, but most "indie rock" bands have enough similar and destructive aspects to be considered one imo. "indie" just means independent.

geez these guys need to chill. here are some op:

the national
arcade fire
beach house
alvvays
belle and sebastian
bon iver
elliott smith
jim o'rourke
fleet foxes
grizzly bear
all the bands in the game (alt-j, foals etc.).

if you google 'songs similar to life is strange' you'll get loads more threads about it too. i was once in a very similar situation after playing this game.

Holy fuck, King crimson is so fucking great. Thank you, user.
Will do mate

It became a mainstream thing to call pretty much all kind of soft rock or folk music from the 90/2000 "indie", but its a wide misconception, if you want that then just search for essentials folk, alternative rock or 90/ early 2000 essentials and you might get something you like, i reccomend Sung Tongs from animal collective, it kinda ticks all those genres off, and they have an amazing dyscography too

Idk how old u are but making this thread maybe changed ur life lmao

Here you go.

play.spotify.com/user/22svhti7f54iri64aljlss7cy/playlist/5hQLAD6zGMKdgnQUsPQPhr?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Anyone who says this game is bad is autistic.

I like this album.

Did you kill Chloe, user?

I did. Couldn't sacrifice a fucking town to bee with her. Fuck that.

To all of you who have sent recs, I appreciate it. i'll listen to them all.

Fuck Arcadia Bay. But you chose the better ending.

Can't say I'm down but whatever. Just PLEASE tell me you saved Kate.

If he sacrificed Chloe, then Kate's suicide attempt never happened.

Well yes except she's written out of the story, so... And can we even be sure of that, really?

Yeah I saved Kate. Thank god I did. I'd probably replay it just to save her.

Yeah cause her reason for wanting to die was mostly because no one believed that she was drugged. Jefferson being outed prevented that.

>bee

>Foals
>Chromatics
>Syd Matters
>Desire
>alt-J

Listen to An Awesome Wave by alt-J. Amazing album and the song Something Good is featured in that game

This is a solid start

Assholes on here are gonna give me shit but you should also check out Mac Demarco and his disciples Homeshake and Mild High Club. Pretty quality modern indie stuff if youre not a try hard douchebag

This.

The Sparklehorse song Piano Fire plays in the scene where Max and Chloe are dancing and you're first introduced to David, when he comes in yelling TURN OFF THAT PUNK SHIT!.

I'd recommend getting into them. Really underrated band. Their frontman committed suicide in 2010 though.

soundcloud.com/user-704297963/rocket-propulsorr

i want to fuck sam in the ass

Just lurk more faggot

>Sam
I THINK I see what you did there?

Sam?