What was your biggest culture shock you experienced in real life?

What was your biggest culture shock you experienced in real life?

Went to Turkey. Holy fuck they are creepy. They grab you and try to force you into their shops and they touch you everywhere, really rude desu. And they're behaviour around women is disgusting. Absolutely no respect or boundaries. Me, my father and brothers had to watch my mother and sisters like guard dogs the entire time, we ended up in 4 confrontations with local men over it. Would never go back, fuck that shithole

Turkey is fucking Finland compared to Maroc m8

Never been, what's it like?
Desu i would vote for the nuclear annihilation of Turkey in a heartbeat, they're a disgusting people living in a disgusting land

Let me see:
Wanted to try a necklace on gf, ran his hand down her back
Other guy wanted to have a picture taken with gf, ran his hand over her back
Some stupid kid "accidentally" fell into her boob
bydlo cunt in casablanca shoulder charged me for no reason
Other guy fixing a motorbike yelled out "nice tits"
The whole "will you trade her for x camels" cliché
Went to a bar, local guys were talking to us that they "drink beer all the time", then I go to the bathroom and they ask me gf "he's not really your bf is he"

Also I was in Istanbul bro and it's nothing like you describe

Honestly that's because you christian dogs are animala, so we treat you like animals.

Back to Pakistan m8

Turkey was worse

Make me. Animal.

Im waiting for anecdotes

Stop shitposting

based morrocans bantering this filthy faggot

Make me, animal.

What the fuck?

Shouldn't you be shooting people on a beach ?

just typical muslim countries behaviour, those subhuman dogs are utterly convinced that any woman not entirely entoweled is a self-service just here to be taken

Egypt is even worse

Taking a trip across North India

I'd been to Tunisia before, but Tunisia was European compared to the grotesqueries of India. Amazing country to travel to for this very reason, it's like a sheltered person's fantasies about the Middle East come to life.

Going to Richmond, BC

Because they are. If you don't cover up, you're asking for it.

When I went to army. But then it disappeared.

I'm a big Russian gay boy, soon I'll come to the UK and I swear to god if you won't be covered..

culture shock?
..you mean average day?

well at least the beach shooter didnt have shitty hair

and this is what I'm talking about here

>hair like that

Better wear a hijab

>unironically being from africa

>unironically being a namefag

lol where the fuck did you go in Tunisia ? hijabis infested this country now (well at least alot of them wear sexy tight jeans and leggings )

suck my dick infidel

based alberto
>mfw i am a kang
>mfw you are just a baltic faggot

>it's you
:*

A cashier pretending she hadnt received my money in Italy. I was like 9 and bought a bread. I gave her some money and waited for some refunds she turned around and then asked me for money. I wanted to argue with her but then the guy behind me pushed me to hurry up. So I just gave the money for the bread again. I was still a kid so..

Im still angry when I think about it. This would never have happened in the Netherlands.

>The whole "will you trade her for x camels" cliché
wait, do they unironically say that?

so you were a little bitch as a kid

once a bitch, always a bitch

It was in 1998. El Presidente's portrait graced every wall but there were no hijabis. Djerba - the rim of the desert - Chott el-Jerid - this lovely oasis on the Algerian border - Sfax.

Only twice.

1) Jewish kids, not older than 8yo, haggling at stores in Buenos Aires
2) Chilean supermarkets full of foreign goods, you could see more english and german products than products in spanish

t. inpure subhuman

>he's gay and want men to suck his genitals

enjoy hell

Just ironically I think.

I think he's still more upset about the money aspect as opposed to being a little bitch. I mean he's dutch after all.

you got swindled by a woman - little bitch ass

definitely when i was in Tokyo. Aside from feeling like Gulliver in the land of the lilliputians, the city and the people were so different. i had zero culture shock in new york, i was used to big cities, but tokyo is so fucking weird...i loved it and hated it at the same time

>98
the old good days when hijab was extinct and mustaches were fashionable . the country is much worse now with exception of not need to use tor to watch youtube

I think it's like a meme there. They were offering me camels for my grandma when I went to Egypt with her.

I haven't even considered it from a different perspective than that I lost bread money desu.

and what're you gonna do about it? cuck

if she knew you were czech they'd probably offer mules instead of camels

>stealing from little kids is tough for a turk

When I went to the Netherlands. Before that, I thought that West Europe is kinda better than Russia, but I didn't expect that difference is that big.

>being robbed by a woman is tough for a sissy dutchman

Well of course, you can't be truly dutch unless you're a cheapskate

Kiss you :*

i dunno, whores and drugs everywhere, amsterdam felt just like home to me

there are foreign people

I mean cities, their condition, infrastructure, those things. Everything was so nice and neat compared to Russia, even to Moscow. Even some small village could be better than almost anything in this country.

why did you go to the netherlands before going to another western country? seems random

homo

:*

I was in Amsterdam last year and was utterly shocked and horrfied at the amount of niggers in the streets. They seemed to be Dutch natives of some sort. I live in Chicago for christ's sake and the niggers here aren't as savage.

I watched female tourists literally dragged off into alleys and nobody seemed to give a shit.

Horrible country, utterly disappointing.

I know that feel man

this

also trash littered in the streets

I went to America and ordered a diet water.
The guy at the counter have mr a coke instead so I gave him no tip.
So when I turned around he shot me in the back for not tipping.

Absolutely poor service if you ask me.

that's fairly common in western europe though, black people were overwhelming even in fucking Dublin if you can believe it, there i am expecting red hair and paste for skin and it looks like Johannesburg. but those aren't niggers, they're just black people, very polite and friendly

It was my first trip. The Netherlands is a small country so it's easy to navigate. We booked a hotel in one city for a whole trip and just traveled by train every day. Also, I really like architecture style and canals in your cities and wanted to see it.

*handed me

there's a strong anti dutch sentiment ITT

sissy dutch

>Some stupid kid "accidentally" fell into her boob
Just like in my japanese animes!

The country is very regionalistic. People often never move out of their village.And most of the country is actually older than Amsterdam.

Thats why the cities arent actually more developed than most rural areas (excluding shitholes at the German border).

just enjoy the time off, argentina

This always fascinates me about Europe. The continent is rife with problems but you're all hell bent on just shit-posting against one another when problems are high-lighted.

I'm surprised you didn't go with the "60 percent" meme to be honest.

>be american
>get shot

one of the best things in recent years was-you know how americans always get laughed at for their racism? so the whole syrian crisis happens, and for the first time euros have to face the same kind of shit america does, and the WHOLE CONTINENT goes ballistic.

we are truly more evolved than you guys

Amsterdam is filled with tourists. The niggers live quite a bit away from the center. So I just think your story is bullshit.

Plus I studied in Amsterdam and walk through the allies all the time. The only people getting dragged into allies are hookers.

Why do you make shit up?

>The country is very regionalistic. People often never move out of their village.And most of the country is actually older than Amsterdam.
Almost same here, but almost anything outside of Moscow is shit anyway.

Its not gay if you are the one receiving

oh come on man, St. Petersburg is a reallly great Potemkin Village, it's a beautiful city

About a cultural shock..

Maybe some places are ok, but the biggest part of the city is in a very poor condition. Also, everything outside of the city center looks like post-apocalypse.

time to drop that name

honestly i get culture shock most in america
because they speak the same language and it doesn't "feel foreign" you occasionally get caught off guard by their otherness.
>a lot of people literally speak/behave like they're in a movie
>weird shit like table service in pubs, and tipping
>weird shit

>and tipping
There is no tipping in pubs in the UK?

The northern part of Florida in Amerikkka was basically a third world nation where everyone was fat. Literal dirt roads in some places.

well that's the same with most major cities, i mean i could post a pic of east brooklyn and you'd think new york was a post-apocalypse. you don't want to see spanish harlem

oh look i did

America is shit 2bh. I failed to find a city that is completely good. There is some shit in almost every city in America. But not in Western Europe.
You can test the picrelated on google maps.

bah, i like my cities a little dusty and a little fucked up. what's the point in visiting a city if no one is gonna rob you at gunpoint, that's what i always say

dumb pineapple stop posting and being an embarrassment to your pointless cunt

haha, another edgy post by the village poster of the republic of generic eastern european cunt #33, Ivan "Edgelord" Markovic

i have so many questions.
is you grammar deliberately laughable? is "pineapple" a slur for croat or something else, and if so, why?
is posting africans who root for the croat national football team meant to fool anyone into thinking they're actually in croatia, or is the very fact they are doing so wrong?

and finally, do you get now why you've never gotten laid?

You think americans act like theyre in a movie? How so?

I don't know about biggest, but I remember being shocked by how awful service was in Russian restaurants. You had to practically yell and snap your fingers at the waitresses to get any attention.

I drove to Montreal, and I had to find my way back to the USA with no GPS and in heavy construction. I speak VERY little French.

Lel, I've never seen anything like this. It must have been really bad restaurants.

another great post, /u/666Th3r3isNOg0d69
also, thank you for donating to /r/Atheism

2bh, you genuinely sound like you're new to Sup Forums
or this some elaborate next-level b8

>you're animal
>but I'm gonna live in the country you built because it's better

If they're animals you're the shit an animals leaves behind

eh, fair enough. you keep on keepin' on, mister, uh, Bong. I'm sure it's working great for you.

The USA was probably the most culturally distant place I have been to.
> plastic cutlery was the norm, even in hotels
> no pedestrian crossings, only street lights and stop signs
> restaurant portions were invariably supersized
> toilets had a circle rather than oval form, and my ass was too thin to sit there comfortably
> everything is open on Sundays
> coworkers compete against each other, so the cashier asks you whether someone helped you in the store because they get good worker points
> waiters ask you if everything is alright every two minutes
Overall a weird country, but at least people were nice and polite.

> coworkers compete against each other, so the cashier asks you whether someone helped you in the store because they get good worker points
>waiters ask you if everything is alright every two minutes

Jesus fuck I hated it. The false fucking ass kissing ffrom people begging for a tip. Just let me eat my meal in peace.

>best allies
My marriage is basically a series of small culture shocks. I'm from a lower-middle class, Midwestern, devoutly Catholic, and conservative family. My wife is from a wealthy, New York, culturally Jewish, and very liberal family.
Cue the fucking sitcom theme.
Sounds like you went somewhere in the South.

It was practically every restaurant except for the Georgian ones, which were great.

>culturally jewish

what the fuck does that mean? is she actually jewish or does she just protect her money with all of her might?

I went to San Diego, which I was told is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in North America.