Friendly reminder to newfags that these are not the greatest albuns of all-time...

Friendly reminder to newfags that these are not the greatest albuns of all-time, that Sup Forums is not an authority on music, and most people that post on this board are nothing but young hipsters that are still blinded by its times and its prejudice, just like those in Reddit. They may have better taste than Reddit, but they are still only hipsters

def not the greatest but theyre a good starting point

haha, friend you seem like you don't understand how good we are at music listening!
Why don't you try seeing how we have to say? how good our opinions are?
you may just pick up a thing or seven ;^)

>no Since I Left You or Hospice
>retarded pink square tinnitus album (that no one remembers) is on there
You failed.

>still falling for the Neutral Milk meme

Seriously, why do you rate an album that is just a guy sceaming over some good songs so highly!?

There is a reason why Untitled is the best song of the album

>hospice
>muh cancer, so sad :(
Ok

hospice is pseudo sad hipster depression garbage

fishmans should be on there

You're right. That doesn't stop me from having Sup Forumscore in my chart though. I've slimmed the amount down heavily however. Of all the shit on here and I only have ITCOCK, Loveless, Illmatic, Endtroducing, and Spiderland.
Sup Forumscore albums are a great starting point, imo. What I did was I listened to a wide array of what was considered "good" to have a base understanding of the wider world of music I didn't know, then after that get deep into my preferred genres (Shoegaze.)

NMH was catapulted into permanent meme status years ago, no use in getting upset

>Seriously, why do you rate an album that is just a guy sceaming over some good songs so highly!?
You can literally reduce almost any album to some guy screaming over some good songs.

There is a difference between screaming, like NMH did in Aeroplane Over Sea, and actually singing with a pleasant voice

It's not traditionally pleasant, but I think Mangum's got enough talent combined with the instrumentation on the album to make his voice feel very comfortable and warming.

And there is also a middleground.

Comfortable!? Madmen sounded like having just been raped by Terry Crews!

Yes. We call her Patti Smith

There's plenty of albums of some guy singing over some otherwise good songs, and some of them are pretty boring, even if not outright bad.

Loveless is one of the greatest albums of all time though, and most of the others are at least pretty good

Why isn't The Mollusk Sup Forumscore?

>pink square
You failed.

because it's garbage

It is

>Meme grips
Mu is a joke

Has anyone done an update on this for 2017?