Can we have an /horror/ general thread?

can we have an /horror/ general thread?
rate, recommend, discuss

I watched As Above, So Below a few nights ago
It's shit

why?

Not him but they managed to take one of the scariest REAL locations on earth, the catacombs, and make it a fucking 90 minute generic action adventure snorefest with some hints of psychological horror. Didn't feel claustrophobic at all, all and all completely forgettable and tame. The girl was hot tho.

Does this count as horror?

>general thread

I watched it a while ago on drugs, it was the best horror movie experience I ever had.

I dont want horrors cause I'm scared

i watched the forest last week, drank two glasses of whiskey, it had some jump scares and left me uneasy. I couldn't fall asleep that night, my heart was racing. So you know, don't drink strong alcohol too fall asleep, it speeds your heart up, drink rather beer instead.

I watched Child's Play and Child's Play 2 recently. While I liked 1, I really dug 2 - especially the way it played with the changing nature of the family unit. The final climax in the labyrinth warehouse factory was incredible. Even the opening sequence where Chucky was being rebuilt had some goat sound effects.

I watched Pic Related last night, quite shocked at how good it was. I actually teared up a bit when Malin Akerman 's character sacrificed herself

8/10, one of the better horror-comedies of recent years

It had a few creepy moments, but overall it was just another mediocre modern horror movie.

You might have a condition pham, alcohol shouldn't have that effect on your heart rate over the long haul.

t. whiskey drinker

Watched The Invitation a while ago, it was pretty good. One location, good cast and the atmosphere was very good.

Guessed the "twist" though, wasn't very hard but it was still good.

Anyone seen Hidden, with Skarsgard? Is it good?

My gf and I watch exclusively horror together, can't really tell why. Anyhow, my last few horrors:
Unfriended 2/10
Town that dreaded sundown 6/10
February 5/10
Forest 7/10
Canal- this one's weird for me. It really got me but I can see the acting is bad and story is kind of predictable. And still, it got me- 8/10

fuck you, wasted get

Fucking normie get the fuck out

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I thought it would've been better had it kept playing with the paranoia. Like if it turned out there was no actual danger but the paranoia drove the main character to some crazy shit.

I agree, It would've made it more intresting.

btw Starry Eyes was fucking excellent

I just watched The Witch, it was great. Between it and Green Room 2016 seems to be a good year for horror.
Fuck you 2014/15, you years of potentially good concepts fucked up by bad third acts and idiotic endings!

is green room really horror though? I thought it was more thriller with some gore

>dubs/get shitposters
lol enjoy your 24 hour global ban newshits

btw have people here watched krampus, is it actually horror or what? ive read/heard its got some comedy elements to it, is it an actual horror movie or just like a dark comedy or something

nice blog post

stranger things desu

green room was awful

The Mist

Pandorum

Dead snow 2

it falls into some survival exploitation category, i guess
has some nice splatter effects too
and it certainly evokes a feeling of horror beyond thrill
I'd say it's survival horror with some modern nazisploitation mixed in but horror is such a weird undefined umbrella term that it might as well be something else

typical "B movie" horror. it's justifiable to see it once but it's pretty forgettable.

Should I go to Five Guys or make some chicken and vegetables at my apartment?

It's more dark comedy, heavily influenced by Joe Dante's Gremlins films. Krampus and his elf helpers are legit creepy though

I loved it

It's horror with minor comedy elements. I thought it was good. Design on Krampus and all the monsters was great and it's dense with atmosphere, due to the sound being amazing. Don't watch it on some shitty 2 speaker system

Great christmas horror

Not exactly "horror" in the traditional sense, but wanna be freak/creeped out? Check out Tin Can Man (by the same director as The Canal, Ivan Kavanaugh). I found it very Lynch-esque.

neither, get sushis you fat weeboo

No

Anyone seen Stranger Things? I am watching Ep 1, seems ok for now. Like a tv show 80s Spielberg would make.

Came in with low expectations but was fairly surprised. I liked it, reminded me of the other "horror" movie that was on Netflix about the fog closing in on the town

isn't a b-movie sempaiachi

FORE!
it was well written, well acted, had great effects and was shot nicely. from a technical point of view alone it is good, so whatever your opinion of it may be, it is not "awful"

I'm an idiot

This. I had trouble sleeping after watching this. Mind-fucked. That doesn't ever happen to me.

Green Room was great except the characters could have been fleshed out more. They are just "people"

I liked how the nazis were the antagonists but they didn't overplay that angle with constant shouts of nigger or kike or something. Their nazism wasn't the vocal point.

Also Poots was hot as fuck

How come season 1 of American horror story was good yet all the others are absolute ass?

focal point

I thought Freak Show was decent

What the fuck even was the second season?

are genre generals not allowed?

i'm honestly asking, i don't post on Sup Forums often

Season 1 and 2 were watchable, the rest were PC garbo

Dummy

>Also Poots was hot as fuck
seriously, something about a girl willing to go those lengths in that situation is hot as fuck rather than be a screaming wailing mess

>Great christmas horror
Literally the only great Christmas horror, it's about goddamn time someone made one

You are a pleb, a huge one

If you don't like Black Christmas, you are a pleb, this is a fact

Silent Night Deadly Night is great, fuckah

I would call it an unsettling black comedy.

I watched Conjuring 2 in the cinema and had heart palpitations for like a month afterwards

Fuck horror movies

What does Sup Forums think about The Ring (2002)?

I love slashers but I thought it was shit. Might need to rewatch it though

that's more along the lines of so-bad-it's-good though

its ok

>that's more along the lines of so-bad-it's-good though
are you kidding me?
Silent Night Deadly Night 1 is an excellent straight slasher film

Do you have a heart condition? It was scary but I'm a big boy now so horror movies don't have any lasting effect on me

What kind of drugs tho? Don't say weed that doesn't count

I probably have a weak heart or something

It was years ago I remember finding it more laughable than anything else, although it did have a brutal opening scene

who /looksawayduringanyneckrelatedtrauma/ here

>laughable
Sounds like you need to be PUNISHED.

Haven't seen Green Room, but you left out another 2016 horrorkino. A good year to live deliciously indeed!

I thought it was really cool, I'd recommend it. Yes it has comedy elements but they don't kill the mood or anything, and Krampus and his helpers look great

Any recommendations for atmospheric horror? Something like The Witch or The Shining where it's more about the ambience and locations being creepy than actual jumpscares and shit.

Deathwatch (2002)

anything by Mario Bava

I saw it theaters and thought it was a full blown comedy. My buddy and I were cracking up nonstop. Some good monster designs though

Alien

Alien II

I've seen Deathwatch. It spooked me a lot actually specially the guy that was eaten by rats

good meme get

Alien III

Before the Alien posters ruin the thread
>Martyrs
>Antiviral
>Dogtooth

Fucking gollum killed by barbed wire too

Alien IIIIII

Across the river

It's just me for the most part.
Alien IV

>10% on RT

yeah because its dogshit

Yeah, this. Not a subtle, slowburn creepy, more like a high-tension, bad trip psycho nightmare.

oh i assumed you were spooked from the movie

why's it bad?

its bad

This caught my eye when I went to pick up BvS. I couldn't resist at $10
I've actually only seen the second one a while back, which was a amazing, and a bit of the remake.

How's the original?

cheaper and more daring iykwim

>why's it bad?

Not him but; just showing me "scary" things will not make me scared, which I assume is supposed to be the point of a horror movie.

First one... pretty good.
Second one... pretty bad.
Didn't I read there was a third one (called Rings, maybe) released this year?

i think you're bad at explaining you are opinions

thanks mane.

Same

Like a happier The Cabin in the Woods

The second one is sort of a parody of the original; the original has a more serious tone and a grimy aesthetic. The violence is also more visceral and intense. However it comes across as self-aware.

What actually happened in the basement?

I shat myself when they started hearing those men screaming.

the witch made that guy turn and face the wall because she was killing the other guy i think...
i dont know why the girl started screaming when nothing was happening though

Welp I didn't see that coming

Black people are pretty good schlock horror writers

Any good Leslie Nielsen horror? I recently saw Creepshow, and his vignette was fucking great.

Kill List is great.

Unpleasant sense of increasing threat and impending dread builds throughout and no reliance on jump scares for spooks either

One of my favorites. The slow build up to the horror throughout the film is amazing.

What do you guys think of my House of the Devil poster?

Originally scheduled for release in April, now pushed back to October.

I don't know. That's why it's spooky

Pretty gud user