Guys I need your help, my pc keeps restarting with no error or anything when I play games...

Guys I need your help, my pc keeps restarting with no error or anything when I play games. Temps are good and Ive done a Ram checked and it passed. What else should I check and how do I? New to PC

look for hal.dll and delete it. it should not restart anymore

Not this. Do not do this.

check the application event log for errors:
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
In Event Viewer, in the console tree, click Application.
In the details pane, make sure that there are no errors reported in the application event log.
If you notice any events that disclose an error, double-click the event to open the Event Properties, and then read the description of the event.

First, learn how to screen shot. Second post the actual specs you autist. And I mean actual specs, include the brand and model of hardware. Third post screen caps of your list of programs.

Im getting Kernal Power. Tried looking it up but not sure what it means

when you play games
Id bet your power supply is maybe not enough for your video card?
what board you have?
what cpu?
what video card?
how many watt's is your psu?

asking because i had same problem and it was psu

it means this
need a better PSU

Check to see if the CPU is parking. This happened to my PC randomly a few months ago. Open up resource monitor and check to see if any of the cores are "parked". Google for how to fix it.

Is it hard restarting, blue screening, freezing, or what?

Possible hard drive corruption could cause windows to fail.

If it only happens when you play games then likely culprits are your PSU because your video card will start pulling more power or your video card for obvious reasons.

If you have any extra hard drives or periphrials unplug them and try, this will reduce the load on your PSU.

Uninstall antivirus.

anything else?

your ntldr.exe may be corrupt, delete it

My power supply is 500W
Specs here.

Ive had this pc for about 6 months, and it only started happening ago within a month. If it wasnt enough power I would of had the problem right away wouldnt I?

500W is fairly inadequate for your rig, if you added anything else like new hard drives or even if a driver update started your card pulling more wattage it could start shutting you down.

I said post specs you tard. That tells me jack shit about your computer. You probably have a fuk yu brand 500w power supply, and some shit tier motherboard.

No. You can buy a vespa and do 75mph on the highway, but after a few months you're going to fuck up the engine because it's running at 100% to get your fat ass to mcdonalds. This is why you always over spec so you don't stress shit to the extreme and start having random problems.

Also, at this point I would suggest underclocking your video card, this will prevent it from peaking and pulling your PSU into the gutter.

How high should I go? 750?

INSTALL GENTOO

8GB of RAM with a 1060, not that this is related to your problem but you should consider 16/32. 500W PSU should be fine if it has proper rating/good brand name

Should have never shown product ID.

Don't try to game on Windows 10 you fuggin skrub

500w is more than enough if you buy quality parts. For that rig 550-650 is adequate, but you're going to need to spend money on a Corsair, Seasonic, or other HIGH quality power supply. If you have something like Rosewill, Raidmax, Logisys, Apevia, XION, HEC, LEPA, etc. you're basically trying to pull a semi with a honda civic.

What brand is your PSU?

Check the start up entries in task manager and msconfig, hiding the microsoft services.

Step one, stop vaping
That's all it should take.

Is windows 10 somehow worse at gaming? What's better?

install gentoo

This. My rig has 1080 & i7 both OC'd and no problems. I even had 2x gtx960 before and still workd

overclock?

Coolmax. Not sure if thats good or not.

Also, just opened up the case and there is a red light on behind the motherboard

While I agree that getting a better brand will fix the problem, we don't know what other shit he has, I'd recommend a 750W for upgrades down the line as well as extra periphrials.

It requires manually turning off very poorly optimized and resource hungry 'features' before it will perform well

That's fair, what OS doesn't include those features? windows 7?

Such as which features?

You are literally the definition of a salesman, but it's okay I too once owned a 1100W PSU

That's your problem. Replace it with something that is not a fire hazard. (No, really)

What I don't work for Rosewill.

>Rosewill! For all your computer needs!

>gtx 1060
>2.70ghz

What is going on here.

microsoft xbox/nvidia streaming services for one, they'd eat into your GPU load and cause various problems, then again I've never had Win10 so I may as well be talking out of my arse.

Is this red light of any concern?

Don't know, you still haven't posted a parts list. Without knowing what you have, no one knows what the light means.

Is ur copy of Windows a rip?

MSI H110m Motherboard
EVGA GTX1080
8gb Ram
i5-6400

Download
>Speccy
To view your specs all in one window dude..

It's your PSU dying. Get it replaced asap.

Unplug it for 15 seconds and plug it back
In

Actually, it may just be a static build up. Unplug the PSU then hold down the power button for a minute. Plug it back in and see if that sorts it. If not, then change your PSU

power supply is a bit small, but should be alright. I have seen something like this before. Does it freeze for a second before it restarts? like what it would do before a bsod? If so I would say check your drivers, especially sound drivers. Sound drivers can cause random shutdowns like you are describing. Really, the only thing to do if you are stumped is to take it all apart, and rebuild it piece by piece. One stick of ram, stable? ok, next stick. HDDs one by one, if you have onboard video try your rig without the video card. Also check your bios. You could have something clashing there. Too much overclocking, wrong ram timing speed, etc. If you do not know how to fuck around with the bios just select basic settings.

ITfag here. Without reading the thread very thoroughly, I'd say these guys are right to suspect the power supply. Before spending any money though, try updating your video drivers. I've had those be an issue in the past. If you're already on the latest drivers, download the second latest drivers. You should be able to find them archived somewhere. If that doesn't work, upgrade your power supply would be my next attempt. Driver update is free, so give that a shot first.

alt+f4

Remove sys32

Im going to have to agree with the PSU being the problem, coolmax are not reliable too.
With the specs of your pc i would suggest at least 750 - 1000w and buy a corsair silver/gold standard PSU. They are worth the price and you wont have to buy a new one for like 5-10 years.

your 1080 pulls alot of power when running high end games, this is why the GFX card needs direct power from the PSU they have their own on board memory and chips to run so when more are required then more power is needed.
If its only happeneing when your playing games then this sounds like the issue.

(computer science and engineering degrees)