Sup Forums's opinion on the smiths?

Sup Forums's opinion on the smiths?

whiny nu-male shite

Yeah, very much so. Yes.

Meat Murderer > Strangers to Ourselves > The Smiths > The Queen Is Dead

better than The Cure

My favourite band people call them depressing ignoring that a lot of their stuff has a dry sense of humour and This Charming Man is one of the best party songs ever

They make some bomb shit probably but I can't fucking stand Morrisey's voice so I guess I'll never find out

one good song

greatest band ever

fpbp

ive listened to 3 of 4 of those those albums op, trying to understand the appeal, and I can't. it's chick music

Morrissey legitimately sounds like a whiny faggot every time he opens his mouth. I like the songwriting but I can't stand him.

half of the people on this board (and Sup Forums in general) are whiny gay trap-lovers it's not really a surprise so much they're praised here.

>chick music
Hope you graduate elementary school soon, user

...Uh, little too short for that, dontcha think?

fpwp

When I was a whiny high school virgin, I was so happy to have The Smiths. It was like Morrissey got me, and his lyrics totally related to my life!

Now that I'm long out of high school and no longer a virgin, I still enjoy The Smiths, but now I laugh along with the dry humor of the lyrics. Overall, great musicality from the band, but Morrissey's gay voice gets grating after a while.

Johnny Marr is probably my fav guitarist ever, so I can't hate the smiths. I love their songs and lyrics, though Moz is a bit of a prick

so glad nobody took this bait

Don't buy the vinyls they sound like trash

Johnny Fucking Marr is a god among men
Morrissey is a whiney cunt

agreed, I get tired of morrissey but johnny marr's tone is great. recently learned he tours with modest mouse occasionally, makes sense given their sound.

one of the best, if not the best, in the jangle pop/twee pop/c86 genre
I don't mind morrissey's voice/have heard worse

you just did

>vinyls

Shame that Morisseys solo work is embarrassing

One of the all time greats

Queen Is Dead > Meat Is Murder > Strangeways, Here I Come > ST

feels good to be right, as pleb as it may be

good music to drink yourself to sleep alone

The Queen Is Dead > The Smiths > Meat Is Murder > Strangeways, Here We Come

And some great material not on those albums as well

Nope

the only band that i listened to when i was a teenager and wasnt completely disgusted with when i got older