Apologize

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-was-inspired-by-kendrick-lamar-features-james-murphy/
youtube.com/watch?v=GpyCsr_jNjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sorry kenny

First time U2's ever been on a critically acclaimed album loooool

I don't get it. I'm four tracks in and they're all terrible. Where does the praise for this guy come from?

Also, the sputnikmusic's review is legit retarded

Damn.

from intelligent people

PRIDE. and FEAR. alone make the album an 8/10

The album felt a bit like a chore, there are some bangers but they're sprinkled in between bad tracks

STOP SHITTING UP THIS BOARD KENDRICKFUCKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHDHDFHHFHGDHHFHHDHFH

Seriously. I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of poorly put together mishmashes. These barely feel like "songs"

FEEL.
PRIDE.
FEAR.
XXX.
ELEMENT.
DNA.
LOYALTY.
HUMBLE.
DUCKWORTH.

Literally, every song makes this a high 9 EXCEPT for love, it's literally fucking poetic justice, and i hate poetic justice.

And that's why no one takes your musical opinion seriously, cause it's shit.

But how. This album starts and finishes so fucking strong m8

Are you retarded?

It's a meme. Simple as that

Are you? U2 fucking blow chunks.

Well, he does listen to hip-hop....

>only 5 reviews

Will it finish above 90? Probably.

people with an IQ over 80 don't even listen to hip-hop in the first place

from the constant industry trash shilling

stay patrish, user

>I've never felt the tender touch of of woman and I'm projecting jealously

For real though I didn't like Poetic Justice at all BUT Love is a wonderful song.

David Bowie must be retarded : consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-was-inspired-by-kendrick-lamar-features-james-murphy/

Paul McCartney too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He outdid Kanye. He made is MBDTF and Yeezus IN ONE FUCKING ALBUM.

Pitchfork's next 10

Kendrick Lamar is the most overrated musician i've ever come across. His fanbase treats him like the second coming of jesus, but all his songs are shit, boring and repetitive.

What is the appeal?

the lyrics, his flow and the production

BITCH BE HUMBLE

his lyrics are pretty mediocre

better than most rappers

Kanye West is the most overrated musician i've ever come across. His fanbase treats him like the second coming of jesus, but all his songs are shit, boring and repetitive.

What is the appeal?

That score is only made up of 5 reviews. Just wait until there are more reviews. That will change the score. CHILL.

>Just over 24 hours after album released
>5 OUT OF 5. CLASSIC RECORD!!!

Fuck this shit. Such BS.

that doesn't say much

Drake is the most overrated musician i've ever come across. His fanbase treats him like the second coming of jesus, but all his songs are shit, boring and repetitive.

What is the appeal?

nah user it's a 7 out of 5

white people

Everyone who likes it is either extremely dumb and convinced by what's most likely viral marketing or is just pretending to like it. There's genuinely no way people actually just like it, that can't happen with an album this bad.

they gave best picture to a movie about LITERAL faggot niggers bro

the entire system is infected
let them have it

only 1 (one) reviewer matters

I don't actually care if people rate it 5/5 but how can seriously digest a piece of art in such limited time? Especially with such a grandiose score.

My friend listened to it once and thought it was hot garbage, then he listened to it some more and said it's actually pretty good.

>TPAB 6/10

implying that's not appropriate given his grading scale

Big L is the most overrated musician i've ever come across. His fanbase treats him like the second coming of jesus, but all his songs are shit, boring and repetitive.

What is the appeal?

wow, that kind of strange secondhand account of the album has successfully made me go into my first listen with the mentality that no matter what, I'm gonna listen to it again and likely enjoy it even more.

nothing matches anything made by Big Moe

say this in real conversations

Yeah there's no way people can have an opinion

???

Joshua Tree was critically acclaimed.

>repetitive

lol. shit and boring are subjective and valid opinions, but his shit is objectively not repetitive.

No.
That's wrong.
3/10 at most.
The 3 is the 3 alright tunes on the album.
The rest is seriously like being molested by an uncle.

Grimes is the most overrated musician i've ever come across. His fanbase treats him like the second coming of jesus, but all his songs are shit, boring and repetitive.

What is the appeal?

As in you secretly enjoy the rest?

No album with a song as terrible as GOD deserves more than 75/100.

Was it though? Also that's like 1 album from 40 years ago out of their whole discography.

Are you fucked in the head m8?
A-haaaaa!
I don't mean to meme you, but you just don't get it

...damn.

Rap music is so bad that when something comes a long that's conceptual and polished people hail it as a masterpiece.

If Kendrick Lamar occupied any other genre and or weren't white people would say he's a pretentious cup that makes crappy music.

What are you implying, that it's pointless to voice your opinion about something because it's impossible to argue it?

You don't understand how opinions work on the most basic level, excuse yourself from Sup Forums until you've rectified this please.

Scaruffi gave Blackstar a 4/10 I don't think anyone cares about his opinion.

And the rest of the songs make it a 6. That's how it works.

THE

honestly I think everyone who tries to use "overrated" as a legitimate argument should be made fun of

Hype. You niggas are being intentionally obtuse. Surely you understand that hype can take over a persons mind. That's Kendrick's image now. He's widely considered the god of rap. Just how Drake is considered a fuck nigga. Image. Whether or not Kendrick is a god or Drake is a bitch is unknown and unable to be proven. But belief drives people. Emotion. Not facts. Facts don't really matter.

>white guilt wins again

damn.

Just got done listening to it for the second time. DNA, HUMBLE, and XXX are good. Everything else is forgettable tbqh.

>anyone who likes music not made by white people have white guilt

Why, because "opinions"?

Again, you don't understand how opinions and criticism of art works.

>anyone who pretends to enjoy shitty music not made by white people has white guilt
ftfy

troll harder

God this place is shittier than usual.

I know how criticism of art works, that's why I'm saying if someone says something is "overrated" I know they're completely full of shit and don't have any better criticism to make against the music.
It's ok to not like music that other people do, you know? You're not going to like every piece of critically acclaimed music.

i cant stand kendrick nigga is trash. This board has went to shit, i hardly come here now. This board is too young and filled with plebs

The superior dna track

youtube.com/watch?v=GpyCsr_jNjQ

If these walls could talk, they’d tell me to swim good
No boat, I float better than he would
No life jacket, I’m not the God of Nazareth
But your flood can be misunderstood
Walls telling me they full of pain, resentment
Need someone to live in them just to relieve tension
Me, I’m just a tenant
Landlord said these walls vacant more than a minute
These walls are vulnerable, exclamation
Interior pink, color coordinated
I interrogated every nook and cranny
I mean, it's still amazing, before they couldn’t stand me
These walls want to cry tears
These walls happier when I’m here
These walls never could hold up
Every time I come around, demolition might crush

nah, he just tends to overrate black artists. I love danny brown but he said that his last album was "post-rap" and a game changer. he threw around words like "challenging" and "experimental" when it wasn't really either of those. It was just a good album that covered a lot of the same ground and themes in previous releases with better beats. It's obvious he holds black people to a lower standard which is actually pretty racist of him.

>that's why I'm saying if someone says something is "overrated" I know they're completely full of shit and don't have any better criticism to make against the music
Maybe sometimes. That's not an automatic nullification

>It's ok to not like music that other people do, you know?
I know

I also want to discuss music. He has important implications on the music scene and I want to throw out my opinion and help people develop theirs.

Feel is my favorite song right now. I also really like Element, Pride and Duckworth. I don't really like the chorus on God, but I like the rapped verse. Honestly I like the whole thing as far as beats and melodies. My only complaint is that I wish he were rapping with denser rhyme schemes sometimes, but Kendrick doesn't need to rap intensely to make good music. Sometimes it gets in the way of the song.

Overall I'd probably give it 9.5/10. Not perfect, but really good, and easier to listen to than his other albums

really good = 9.5 ?

you should say "great" or "incredible" or something.

Yes, it was. Keep the goalposts on the field, buddy.
Achtung Baby was acclaimed as well. I can't be fucked to find ratings for them all, but saleswise every album has gone platinum, and like half their albums have hit #1.
I don't like any of their albums except War but if you're gonna be a faggot at least don't be wrong.

drake_won/10

Untitled unmastered is his best and I honestly think Scruffy might really like it (7+) if he reviews it.

Yesterday after 3 listens I felt like it was his best album yet, and thought it was incredible. Now I might have listened too many times because I'm slightly underwhelmed compared to yesterday, so I toned down my feelings toward it while keeping the initial rating I decided upon. Which probably doesn't make much sense

Actually they haven't had a platinum album or a Top 40 hit since 2009.

They're done for...

figured I'd throw in an extra (you)

true, lets start our own Sup Forums

no it's a 7

They've only release one album since then, you dunderhead. Compare that to Le Epic Rap Man who will be forgotten completely in 4 years like every flavor of the year rapper.

Now that I've listened to it a fourth time I actually like most of the other songs too. PRIDE, and LUST would be my skips. LUST is just awful.

>anyone who likes this album I don't like must be pretending

This. Also it was released for free so it couldn't chart anyway.

Yeah there's no way opinions can be influenced by other things

why the fuck is the guardian ranking albums? They literally said "idk it might not be the best yet we'll find out but let's score it 100"

Fucking 100.

the delusion on both sides is appalling, moreso this post.

rap fans will 5/5 shit more so than fans of any other genre it seems. easily the most reactionary fan base out there.

Listen to it in reverse order senpai.

This is extremely true tbqh. It's been an issue for like 6 years now.

Stop this meme right now.

yeah, basically if you release a good album that shit is lauded as an all-time classic and you're top 5 dead or alive, etc. it's a shame to because there are some good albums but the hyperbole surrounding it kind of ruins it for me sometimes even though it shouldn't. too many bandwagon douchebags that want to be a part of proclaiming someone the next goat.