Hey, /b

Hey, /b.
I broke up with my girlfriend today. What are some good ways to make the pain go away? NO drugs/ alcohol. Too easy of an answer, be creative

Kill you, is 100% effective

thanks

normal people usually try to better themselves to show the ex what they could have had

. recognize there are stages of loss / grief
- denial
- anger
- bargaining
- depression
- acceptance
. realize that they do not come in discrete steps, but rather that each step is initially questioning if something is this way, then believing it is, then integrating that view into your worldview
. many people get stuck in depression because they will not accept that things can never go back
. concentrate on other things in life rather than trying to get back to soem previous state of existence.

Exercise
Play your favorite game
Watch your favorite movie

With alcohol

Hello Thomas

yeah, kind of feel better to know that there is some science behind all the bad feelings.

am I missing something here

my pc is broken and needs to be repaired, gonna fix it tomorow, what timing, huh?

its also normal to fall back a step if its too painful. that's healthy and normal as long as you keep processing those feelings. that means talking about it, expressing those feelings and making new plans about the future.

yeah. My "friend" who recently told me to write anytime if something came up has not responed with any of my calls or text. Just a "not home right now, so sorry" and didnt write again when they came home. Other than her I dont have any other friends that I can talk about stuff like this

Work out. Fanatically. Every day. It helps greatly with physical and emotional pain. Rinse and repeat.

After like 6 months of this (or maybe a year if you're really out of shape), your godlike physique will attract better women than your ex anyhow.

If you're torn down, you simply rebuild yourself better than you were before.

Also cease contact. Trying to rekindle things or remain friends will keep you beat down and make it really hard to work on self-improvement.

Also, if you have certain behavioral problems that damaged the relationship like anger issues or a huge ego, work on that in the meantime to.

Life knocking you down doesn't have to be a bad thing, if you get up and rebuild yourself better than before.

if it makes you feel better, me and my ex broke up on new years.
I'm bettering myself, losing weight, learning to drive etc.
I keep telling myself it's for me not her.

Its my birthday in a couple of days, but i have been stopping myself from breaking up with her for too long and couldnt hold it anymore. Working out seems liek the advice i get the most, so will try that.

oh and music, listen to good music, even if it's ones that makes you sad. It'll still help. Breaking ben's firefly

will work out, im kind of chubby, but im pretty tall so it cancels it out by a little bit. Still not happy about it tho. She wrote to me a few hours ago about if we could "fix" things. I said that I was not in an emotional state where i could respond, but i feel the same way you do about it

thanks, gonna listen to it tomorow.

Feel it.

Share her nudes.

No. You are done. Don't tread in this middle ground.

Roger that

THIS, i still live with my ex while i look for another place so i cant cut ties.
Makes it so much harder.
This doesn't mean be a dick, just not friends