Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced

In terms of actor performance, it was excellent. The cast of this show obviously worked very hard to play their parts, and make their characters interesting, likeable, and especially, believable. Every one of them should receive honors, and due recognition for their very fine, and successful efforts in that regard.

In the areas of camera work, lighting, sound, and overall production values, it far exceeded any other Star Trek series or film to date.

The special effects were also superb, as was the design of the Enterprise NX-01 itself, as well as the various vehicles used by the other space-faring races.

The sets, costumes, and props were interesting, practical, and far more realistic in design and function than anything seen in the "trekverse" before or since. And one really notable and refreshing thing - They finally got the flashlights right, even though they still sometimes held them in that awkward and ridiculous fashion that started with TNG.

As many viewers had previously, and understandably, expressed disdain over the fact that such things as reset buttons, excessive techno-babble, uninteresting aliens, and lack of original ideas or individual character development plagued the previous series' episodes, the producers of "Enterprise" apparently took great pains to address those issues, and by and large, they succeeded.

The aliens were well designed, many looking far more "alien" than those in previous shows. The Xindi arc itself represented a major, and well executed effort to address viewer complaints of bland aliens and tired stories.

And as far as storytelling goes, the tales spun by the writers of this series were at least as good, and many times even better than anything that came before.

Continued...

The stories in Enterprise were primarily character based, and relied rather sparingly upon technology to propel the plotline or solve many problems. There was a greater degree of realism and believability to the plots, without all of the "hocus-pocus", or even downright hokeyness that plagued all of the other Trek incarnations, including TOS. There was also far less techno-babble than TNG & Voyager, the characters actually developed, and the reset button was practically non-existent.

On balance, the tale of Captain Archer, his ship, and his crew was more than just an episodic TV show. It was a single, long-running story arc, with only a few deviations into the more traditional, "stand-alone" episodes. And although I admit there were a number of sub-par episodes - as there are in many television series' - I think they were fairly rare, especially compared to the ratio of outright stinkers found in previous Star Trek incarnations.

If Enterprise hadn't initially been ruined by an excessive amount of commercial breaks, and whined about by pedantic trek-tards pathetically crying over their perceived violations of fat-assed Roddenberry's "dream" (which was primarily to make barrels of Hollywood jewbucks), it would never have suffered in the ratings as it did, may even have surpassed its originally planned seven year run, and surely would have gone on to become the vehicle for a top grossing series of feature films, and by all rights, it should have.

>the design of the Enterprise NX-01

I love the NX as well but you DO know that they took the Akira Class and basically just flipped it upside down right?

>Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced

Syndication for Life!

Yeah, I know. But I also don't care.

It looks better that way anyway.

>I love the NX as well but you DO know that they took the Akira Class and basically just flipped it upside down right?

Berman literally said do this..

Alpha NX coming through...

I concur. Enterprise was the shit. T'Pol was hot as fuck. Sucks that it canceled before the Romulan war. I'd rather see that than some run of the mill B movie shipboard mystery of the week.

Looks like a pregnant cow.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

fug off, enterprise was shite and fug you to every other series

its like guess what kirk didnt really do this first! picard didn't really first make conact with this race! archer really did!! hooray

It set out with a sound concept, lets put more of that pioneer, astronaut feeling, fix ur ship with ducktape and a sock danger etc...

But all the stories ended up being retooled unused voyager scripts ..

Also bakula was the dullest captain in the franchise..

Captain Who?

It's bed time already grandpa.

>I'm a giant faggot

I agree.

An ideal OP is readable in its entirety from catalog mode view; one which spans multiple posts is f*cking abominable. What really perturbs my Porthoses, however, is the idea that you can just waltz on to this board and post ENTfag propaganda and expect anyone to take it lying down. This is Deep Space Nine territory, now and forever. Take your American-sized OP and frak off back to the George W Bush fan club or wherever ENTfags normally congregate.

This is now a DS9 thread. Who was your favourite Dax?

>Leland Palmer's revenge
>Not even a starfleet vessel
>Best NX

One of my favorite eps is "The Shipment".

The dialog between Archer and Gralik Durr, and the way they came to an agreement, was a high point of the series, as well as the later, similar situation with Degra, which was even better.

>Who was your favourite Dax?

Ezri is my fetish.

>Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

Obviously:

yes shame she didn't come along sooner
terry was hot but her attitude problem show through..
nicole is just a sweetie

everythingturnedoutbetterthanexpected.jpg

>much boredom

Go to bed Scott. I'm sorry your series finale was shit, but we can't change it now.

Archer is best Captain.

Grabs borg and pulls out its borg tubes... commences killing it with his bare hands.

Archer is a real man... not a flakey faggot, a token gibsmedat, or self-entitled feminot like the rest of them.

>series finale was shit

this maymay again

it was like bookends for the berman era, i thought it was great

Gotta hand it to our boy Trip..

Who are the bad guys in the new Trek flick? Cardassians?

It was actually the only Star Trek that was good even in its first seasons.

does anybody know?

Not quite, OP. This is the order:

TNG
TOS
Enterprise
DS9
TAS
Shatner singing "Rocket Man"
Voyager

This thread is now about how correct I am

They all ate shit for so long, when they were finally given a serving of prime rib they couldn't stand the flavor.

Not watched all of Enterprise, can you explain why they are in contact with the Borg? If they met them already shouldn't humanity have known about them for fucking ages? Why were they a surprise for Picard?

I'm not being a dick and calling "plothole", I'm sure there's a reason, just curious what it is.

>Daily reminder that Enterprise
You spelled next generation wrong

I fucking hate this place.

Please put me in the screencap.

>not being a dick and calling "plothole", I'm sure there's a reason, just curious what it is.

It IS a plothole though, user.

Enterprise was good but it reconned a lot of shit that was established in the previous series, like the Eugenics War.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and the crew of the newly commissioned Enterprise-E battle the insidious Borg to restore the rightful future of Earth. The Borg is trying to stop the invention of the warp drive by going back in time. While some crew members are on Earth, the others are in a battle up in space.

Release date: November 22, 1996 (USA)

This is how the Borg appeared in Enterprise. It was a crashed Borg sphere from First Contact, found in the Arctic.

Seriously? I'm genuinely disappointed.

Some of the borgs from the wreckage in First Contact crashed to the arctic and got frozen. Scientists thawed them out, and then borg happened, as it will.

It's a result of when the Borg traveled back in time in First Contact, and Voyager had humans knowing the Borg before Picard first.

So it IS just a plothole then.
That fucking sucks, it's not that hard to keep track of this shit. Greedy fuckers just wanted to use the Borg in an episode. Now I'm not the sort to throw this word around but "HACKS" springs to mind.

Nope. That was just trektard butthurt talking.

You'll learn the difference after awhile.... that is, unless you are/become one as well.

It's not a plothole if it can be justified/referenced through canon. Duh.

>not referring to it as Bakula to the future.

The actual discussion is shit but thanks for the laughs guys

While I agree the characters the stories tended to focus on were good there were too many under served characters who did nothing.

It also suffered from being at the end of the weekly serial era of TV so it looks new enough but its structuring is wrong because it was designed for syndication and not binge viewing.

it don't matter the backstory its still stupid as fuck to have archer fight borg with his primitive ship AND win...

There were three drones. They are frozen, and when being thawed their nanites start to repair their tissues. They assimilate the research team, take their slow ass ship, add one functional piece of hardware from their crash wreckage, and then start heading back to the Delta quadrant.

Enterprise, being on the approximate path of the ship, is set after them. The Borg (never identified as such, and all of their tech being destroyed) are essentially still building up to being able to fight by the time Enterprise intercepts. Through standard Trek luck, Enterprise beams on their ship and plants explosives while repelling boarders on their own ship. They then finish off the Borg before they can rearm via "fire everything".

The final scene in the episode reveals they got off a signal to somewhere in the Delta quadrant, but it would take over 200 years for it to get there, so there is "no immediate danger". Obviously, it is meant to hint that the borg cube Enterprise-D encounters was being sent to chase down the origin of that same signal.

Cyclical, canon, not full powered Borg. It works, and it is dumb to hate Enterprise without having watched the whole series. I know this because I did it myself and I hate myself for it now.

I watched literally everything trek ever made bro

I still hated it except for a few moments like when tfap gets noodz or when brent spiner was on..

stupid show never found its feet desu

So your intellect couldn't handle anything but tripe.

Got it.

See:

UPN made so many mistakes. So many bad decisions.

It was the incessant, ridiculous number of hawking, annoying adverts which made the storyline difficult to impossible to follow which killed Enterprise.

They even went so far as to speed up the playback of season 3 by 10%, and speed up the playback of season 4 by 15% in order to put in more commercial ads.

That's not the plothole. The presence of the borg, though stupid in terms of "we must have borgs because Berman likes them," is fully justified in-universe. The plothole is where the doctor is somehow resistant to assimilation, at least enough to where they can find a cure.

>Star Trek 3 will flop next week
>Star Trek TV series will flop next year
>Meanwhile Star Wars will continue raking in the billions

Where my ASVS boys at?

Yes, but his cure, the use of high-level radiation, would have killed the average humanoid. Aparently, Phlox's cure would only work on a member of his own race.

Enterprise only became popular on Sup Forums when we found out that Reddit hates it.

Suddenly we have waves and waves of posts from people who "like" Enterprise just to show off how un-Reddit they are.

Stop grasping at straws.

Enterprise was the best Trek ever.

Deal with it.

The bad guys in Star Trek Beyond are humans who fought with Archer during the Xindi war. They stumbled on some aliens with technology that bestows immortality, but at the cost of transforming the humans into aliens too.

The signature on the script reads "Simon Pegg" but it's obviously from Brannon Braga.

Based on that promotional image alone, it looks like dogshit.

To be fair, that promo is shit, but the show is actually quite good.

TNG > Enterprise > TOS

Haven't seen DS9. Fuck Voyager.

>Haven't seen DS9.
Get on it, pally.

Everything that Enterprise did wrong, it learned from Voyager. Everything that Enterprise did right, it learned from DS9.

>promotes the old captain-vulcan xo-doctor dynamic of tos
>doctor is the comic relief character

ENT is way better than most fags give it credit for, but it isn't the best.

Not gay enough for you, huh?

>Fuck Voyager.

It's a janeway makes a terrible decision episode.

>every episode

yeah all that grit, thinking its like battlestar or something..

The ENT Borg episode was the first time they were a scary threat since TNG: single-minded zombies.
First Contact and VOY made them the bumbling army of the Queen, who especially in VOY was a hammy cliche villain.

>Enterprise started shit, turned great
>BSG started great, turned shit
>the great part of Enterprise and the great part of BSG were both on TV at the same time
What a time to be alive it was.

NigTrek9 was a boring soap opera with a bunch of unlikeable characters, feminists everywhere, a token nig commander, and way too many space jews.

No thanks.

What's with all the reposts?

>Kirk-Spock-McCoy dynamic

Ftfy. Tucker was the McCoy there, not Phlox.

>TNG

TNG is shit

I'm not the one saving pics of gay marriage proposals.

she's got a sexy voice.

Can't disagree here.

At all.

Just finished it.

An absolute trainwreck.

>going to war like 9000 times
>sisko going to the "celestial temple" at the end
>the fucking flashbacks of good times

Disgusting.

TOS > the rest I can't give a single shit about

>only saves dick pics

Right. Gotcha.

>TOS
>Good

Pick one

That was lame. You don't even get a gold star for effort.

It's the only actually fun show in the franchise, so yeah.

The fist series is the only patrician choice.

H..hey guys, I..I..Iwrote a s.s..star trek film tttt...too. Ca..can I join ii iin?

Your post is completely disconnected from the conversation that we were having.

Don't you EVER reply to me unless you have something worthwhile to say in connection to the content of my post.

Are you kidding me?

What about your wife's son?

That guy played the Klingon who challenged Data to a competition in the mess hall on TNG.

I thought he was a great actor; I agree that episode and the dialogue were superb.

Season 3 of Enterprise is one of my favourite seasons of any Trek series.

I like Enterprise.

IT'S BEEN
A LONG ROAD

STANDING TALL
ON THE WINGS OF MY DREAMS

>the mess hall on TNG
(Deck) Ten Forward (Section), Voyajerk.

NO
ONE'S
GONNA'
BEND
OR
RAPE
ME

Right, I meant Ten Forward, but are you implying I liked Voyager because I didn't instinctively type Ten Forward?

C U C K E D

not the same user but voyager called their version of ten forward the mess hall

So did Enterprise.

TOS: Rec room
TNG: Ten forward
DS9: Replimat
VOY: Mess hall
ENT: Mess hall

Basically if you say "mess hall" then you're not necessarily a Voyager fan, but you are a Berman+Braga apologist.

NuTrek:Simon Pegg's Microscopic Dick

What's the puncher?

As usual... gay trektards can't logic when faced with the ugly truth, so they just chimp out and fling poop.

They get real nasty when their gay, PC "vision" is shattered by good tv.

too bad NuTrek is too busy trying hard to be DUDE ACTION LMAO to show any other part of the ship that isn't the bridge/engineering
>tfw no comfy mess halls, crew lounges

What's with all the reposts?

What should I watch Enterprise or DS9? Seen TNG