Just started ocarina of time for the first time in 10 years. Thoughts?

Just started ocarina of time for the first time in 10 years. Thoughts?

>the controls suck
>too much forced dialogue

play masterquest instead

babbies

Enjoy your time, OP.

>likes call of duty and nothing else

ackchually i haven't played a video game in years

Ever played Heroes of Might and Magic or Might and Magic in general friend? That was my shit, I remember wasting days on Dos playing HoMM1... Anyone shares the same?

Controls seem ancient at first and then it comes back to you really quickly. Has aged super well.

Play Majora's Mask instead

I'm kind of envious of you. I'd love to replay this but I never had an N64. One of my housemates had one back in 2000 or so and that's when I played.

>the controls suck

get your head out of your ass

Project 64, and grab a OoT rom.

you could play the 3ds version, its a pretty good port

played it again last summer.

finished it, not 100%. Glad I played it, but I won't ever play it again. A lot of it seemed like a chore.

OP here, controls are a cunt but I'm playing on my GC rather than N64, still no better. Waiting on finishing this before doing Majora's Mask. Mido is a prick.

probably my favorite game of all time

mystical crap. just a game about that green elf, zelda trying to save the Princess. rip off of Mario.

got past the deku tree and I nearly through the controller because of zeldas fuck buddy navi. boring fights and just lacks objective and meaning.

>Project 64
Guessing this is just an N64 emulator?
I don't have one of those either. Haven't had a mobile platform since Gameboy Color. The emulation route is probably easiest.

What do you mean by the controls suck? I could reliably shoot a bird out of the sky at Lake Hyjal with my bow with about 90% accuracy as a kid. Seemed pretty good to me.

That game sucked then and it sucks now

Guessing this is just an N64 emulator?
ye

Majora's has better pacing and sense of direction.
Don't know what people are saying about the controls, they always seemed fine to me. Just the 20 FPS can be jarring at first.

>What is emulation?

despite the n64 controller the controls on OoT were actually great

is it just me or is majoras mask really depressing and dark?

Prepare to have beep boop beats in your head for a month

OP: I have an N64 with the cartridge but was hoping GC collectors edition would help get over the shit that was in the original. No such luck. Dialogue is getting on my tits

it is

i actually just started a majoras mask game a few days ago. i also havent played either in 8 years or so. i have them both

faggot his name is Link, Zelda is the princess

great game though i loved the concept of it

It's a crappy game, but the environment is excellent and fun to explore. The cut scenes are far too verbose, the game play is crappy.

In normal zelda fashion you can't beat the whole thing without a strategy guide. The water temple. the fire temple, the well (fuck that well) The puzzles are not logic based, not fun.

I wish it was a better game. But then again The Adventure of Link is my favorite of the series, so I guess I'm not really a Huge Zelda guy.

I'm glad this tree is dying.

you new to the internet, kid?

the claw controller was a bit awkward to hold. Jumping, platforming, etc is incredibly annoying in this game.

Yeah, it has some very dark themes you wouldn't pick up on as a kid. Not talking GameTheory shit here, just what actually is there in the game. Kid desperately looks for his friend in a forest that's supposed to kill him, then it's groundhog day and the world ends over and over again. That kid at the farm gets abducted by Ayys and has her smile whiped clean off her face.

Loser you drive to work and type war and peace into a comp for 12 hours and you like it

BEST
FISHING
GAME
EVER

get your opinions out of here.

I kept trying to use the right stick to turn the camera kek. Then i realized the "straighten camera button" was an L trigger

The game really picks up after the first 3 young link temples.

I agree on the controls, I never found them intuitive enough, I mean I guess if that was your intro to gaming you wouldn't really mind but having played several NES and SNES games (even Zeldas) before I could never enjoy it.

>ctrl + f
>"majora"

I like Majora better, but I feel it's important to remember not to play it in the same way you'd play Ocarina. You can have a reasonably good time if you breeze through Ocarina and ignore any sidequests, but I don't think the same can be said for Majora. It only has 4 dungeons. I'd suggest going out of your way to take in the sights and look for sidequests.

ocarina is awful compared to the ones after it if you actually open your eyes and stop being a nostalgiafag
half of the adult dungeon puzzles are collecting silver rupees in a small room

>ocarina is awful compared to the ones after it
Even Skyward Sword?

Just here to strongly suggest you just grab a 3ds and play that version. It really is worth it, not only for the little tweaks and improvements, but also the inclusion of Master Quest.

The things are so easily soft-modded now, you can pull OoT and MM off of Nintendo's own servers for free.

FUCK YOU, "ANIMAL CROSSING: BIG CITY" 4 LYFE

The major problem I had with MM was that the time limit conflicted completely with the Zelda playstyle of wandering around and checking every nook and cranny for interesting stuff. You always knew the clock was ticking and that somewhat spoiled the atmosphere for me.

Still a great game.

Don't you find Epona to be kind of an afterthought? She's useful for like 10-15 minutes in the entire game.

>le I need my games to have two thumbsticks in order to play them guy

I prefer Windwaker...

Haven't tried any of the animal crossing games sadly

I enjoyed the game as a kid. Was a top 5 fav. About two years ago I tried to play it again. Due to the shit graphics and overall obsolete gameplay, I couldn't play it for more than 30 or so minutes.

>In a time before fast travel
>There was a horse.
>Brave
>Likes Milk
>Loves Honey
>Goes "Naeghhhh"
>Epona

play the song of time backwards dude, i can usually finish up the "prep" of a temple within the first 12 hours, do the dungeon with the slow time and you have MORE then enough time to finish the whole thing and then just time back again beat the boss right quick again and do the extra stuff that you have to do at the end of the areas temple, i do agree though the time thing dont really fit, but its not like it was a major hindrance

Well, of course I did that the moment the cycle restarted, but even so, the constant knowledge of the limit was annoyingly distracting.