Did this album prove how hypocritical the Hip-Hop fanbase is?

Did this album prove how hypocritical the Hip-Hop fanbase is?
The only reason it's getting praise is because of the name attached to it. It sounds like every generic pop influenced rap record from the 2010s. I was expecting more and am heavily disappointed, there is nothing "deep" about this record like many claim, it's Kendrick's most straightforward project in a long time. This honestly feels like a compilation of b-sides. IT'S FUCKING GARBAGE, THE ONLY DECENT SONG IS DUCKSWORTH.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saeYgafzGQw
youtube.com/watch?v=-PBWDjlqy70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he doesn't get it

Keep listening

>He thought Kendrick was done

>181818

Also, stylistically yea this isnt far off from a lot of mainstream stuff but the production is very detailed. Sonically this is a very impressive release in my opinion.

>he thinks there's something to get

Take off your thick real-d 3d glasses with the lens popped out and realize you're getting memed on. This album is nothing special.

This is the only way to make up for such a mediocre release

It must be hard visiting a music board when you can't even hear.

Try again op, generic? please.
youtube.com/watch?v=saeYgafzGQw

this. It may not be kendrick's best but its still a good album.

>I was expecting more and am heavily disappointed, there is nothing "deep" about this record like many claim

It's just bars bruh
>Muh everything has to be a concept album
Go back to your white indie rock hole, you don't get rap, you don't get the art of rapping

i disagree but i can understand that this is the only perfectly reasonable answer

Hip hop fanbase see's nothing wrong with these kinds of beats or sounds, it's when they are done poorly or when they are done right. Kendrick does it right.

Define bars. All I see is him trying to implement a nice rhyme scheme in his verses, his bars are as simple as ever and lack "depth" (which is what he's praised for)

this album honestly sounds like any other garbage hip hop right now. boring flows, crowded uninteresting beats. it's amazing how so many sounds together can sound so bland

We get it OP, whenever songs are too challenging for you, you just quit.

wew nice rebuttal, braindead music for braindead fans I guess

YES you are the only one smart here, now i hate damn too ty

>mfw people think Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper alive

youtube.com/watch?v=-PBWDjlqy70

I can't wait for Lupe's next album to COMPLETELY shit on Damn and every """""good""""""" hip-hop record this year, the true GOAT will soon arrive

> leave indie rock alone he's probably a prog rock fag or metal head

But it is conceptual album

It's not supposed to be as dense as GKMC or TPAB, it's an album showcasing Kendrick's technical ability. Honestly it's nice to see him take a step back from conceptual albums to make a fun album.

It is conceptual album. Stop this meme

What's the concept then?

Kendrick is jesus and all tracks are his feels in music form, leaved on earth before going to heaven

He literally made a bragging trap Banger about how everyone does bragging trap bangers. and how it's easy everyone can do it and other rappers should try to do deeper shit sometime. and be more "humble" a bragging song about how people should stop doing Bragging songs

So he is a hypocrite then

>why aren't there poems and excerpts of dissertations at the end of each song
>how am I going to lord my obvious intelligence over my plebeian friends
Apart from GOD and LOVE, it's consistently good. It's certainly not his best (GKMC still reigns), but it's nowhere near as taxing to listen to as TPAB.

>I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2016
Well yeah

yup, not at the same level as GKMC but it is

thats a fucking shit concept. Kendrick stans do nothing but grasp at straws. and this is coming from a massive kendrick fan - TPaB is a near perfect hiphop album

But Kendrick's also performing at Coachella on Easter. Will he perform stuff from this "blue" album?

>all tracks are his feels in music form
That's literally everybody who writes lyrics

I feel this way, I like love but it caters a pretty basic feeling. God and Yah are pretty meh imo.

it's written as Section 80 was. while you listen to this album, think about Kendrick as more of a character. not being narrated, he's just sharing his thoughts.

the album focuses on Kendrick's fears. he came from being stomped out by the local chumps in front of his own mom, to being a famous and rich rap artist. he isn't used to this. he doesn't know if hes rapping for the money or the love of the art anymore. he's afraid. he doesn't want to lose his spot. he finds himself being tempted and trapped by the vices of other rich artists. there's more shit but I don't feel like typing coherently, I'm tired.

This. He really goes in detail about his thoughts on PRIDE and FEAR

The second verse on FEAR is one of my favourite parts of this album

it's odd how people don't see the concept of this album already. he's pretty explicit about it on that song and nearly every song on the album centers around these ideas in some way. I think it's a pretty good album and a fairly interesting look at a person of his status' insecurities.

this entire album is a worthless disappointment

>Album is disjointed and feels more like a mixtape

ITS MEANT TO BE LIKE THAT

why do you feel that way?

we know that hes only "le pretending to be retarded" so the album is still good

god

>lampshading rap tropes makes using them okay

shutup pussy ass nigga

IF I GOTTA SLAP A PUSSY ASS NIGGA IMA MAKE IT LOOK SEXY

so does anyone else feel like the songs are supposed to be understood in couples? it seems like every two songs contrast each other in some way (save for loyalty) for example, ELEMENT and FEEL, PRIDE and HUMBLE, or LUST and LOVE. it seems like he's going back and forth in his thoughts on each song. it's like this for the entire album, essentially.

GOD and DNA are great.

This album is highlighting the simplicity in the rap industry, he made very generic songs to prove that it's a formula anyone can master. However the deeper meaning is spiritual. In the past albums he's given the gospel of Christ and told people how to accept Christ. Then he goes on to see how this game black folks play is really not to their own benefit. Finally this one is just a complete fuckall where he is exposing the mentality(through cleverly hidden verses) of a materialistic earthly life. By that I mean he's talking about shitty life is, how everything we strive for is ultimately temporary and short lived. That's why he talks about what happens on earth stays on earth. As well as quotes a verse talking about how loving the world (a fleshly life) makes you an enemy of god because you're living against his ways.

lulwut, isn't this strethcing it a bit? roflmao

XXX last verse with Bono singing is also great. A shame the whole song is not like that.

okay I like your interpretation and I agree for the most part but please spare me the 'lol it's ironically simple'

I think it was just a stylistic choice because that's what he wanted to do, no BS about mocking the rap industry. the understated lyricism and more traditional beats work well together to create an overarching picture when listening to the album in its entirety while also allowing for the songs to be easily consumed on their own. that's all.

I GOT I GOT I GOT I GOT

True. The satirical thing is only a first glimpse.

People are wigging out over this? 1997-2008 called, they want their existentialist rappers back.

Or alternatively, Kendrick is calling for the second holocaust with the anagram 'hiter add heat', you daft stoner.

did you enjoy the album?

holocoust of you white boy

Oh shit.. I feel an opposing conspiracy theory brewing. Perhaps the final letter '2' from the track XXX is referencing 'Hitler #2'.

Making the anagram 'Hitler #2, add heat'

This would make me bust

>when we finally got to hear amsp

>best k.dot

Why does he have to be deep and inspirational every album? I liked TPAB but I don't want to hear that every damn album. I'm glad he went to basics. Not his best but not bad.

>Why does he have to be deep and inspirational every album?
Can't believe you asked that to be honest. What a stupid question.

Mediocre. Kek.

I think you need to listen again and learn how to read

It's the idiots like him giving this album a 10/10

So you don't want complex emotions? You just want """important""" statements?

even the most intricate way of releasing an album won't make up for the fact that the music was mediocre

Those are completely different questions than "why does he have to be deep and inspirational every album?" Don't be stupid. I mean damn you're somehow implying something inspirational can't stem from, or have, complex emotions.

>generic pop influenced rap record from the 2010s
Not really, no. GKMC was arguably more so tbqh, especially in terms of production. Sure, DAMN. is more straightforward than his previous effort but generic?

Ok I disagree with OP too but this was a pretty obnoxious way of responding

Yeah, he unironically really underutilised U2/Bono on that track

At least it didn't turn out with U2 what everybody was expecting

Sup Forums plebs only listen to an album once and then they pull a number our of their ass.

Indie rock was a mistake.

I feel like it surrounds the idea of where his life is looking from the perspective of if he died right now

Name a better hip-hop/album please.
I'll wait

Don't you ever fucking post ever a fucking gain

Illmatic
the infamous
ready to die
the low end theory
36 chambers
MBDTF
LR
GKMC
Lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous
Liquid Swords
It takes a million
Moment of truth
Donuts
Endtroducing
Black on both sides
Madvillainy
MM..FOOD
Shades of blue

probably forgot about some

Are you that fuck that called my opinion worthless after I said I thought the album was a 7?

what list you copied that from m8?

Some more ones to add:
We Got It From Here
Deltron3030
All Eyez On Me
The College Dropout
To Pimp a Butterfly
Ready to Die
Paul's Boutique

Everything I got out of this album is what I expected out of TLOP.

Damn.

Damn.

>art
>rapping
Oh and I'm a chef for making a sandwich.

It was good though. You had Bono/The Edge harmonize at the beginning of the track and the a manipulated piano sample from the Edge was in the beat in the first half and then in the second half the full band joins in with a cool trip-hop style thing and Bono's short refrain.

this IS generic as shit
sound like the average mellow track out of any late 90s/early 00s hip-hop release
fuck you, fanboys

I actually like this track unlike muh DNA. and all the but that's mainly due to The Alchemist rather than liking anything that Kendrick contributes.

Get new ears.

yeah

>Never listened to Kendrick before
>Listen to this

It's like a 7. I enjoyed it but I probably won't listen to it again or anything. Only had like two or three tracks that really hooked me.

Listen to TPAB and GKMC.

"Wouldn't it be hilarious if we pretended to like this steaming pile of horseshit?"
Some people pretend to like it for the memes, rest say they like it to fit in.
It's just a meme.

DEATH 2 THE LEADER is too long. That's 15 letters.

It's EARTH LED 2 DEATH

Literally me

This is Kendrick's best album and Kendrick was the best rapper doing it even before this dropped. What the fuck are you on?

>sound like the average mellow track out of any late 90s/early 00s hip-hop release
>It sounds like every generic pop influenced rap record from the 2010s

really makes me think

people can't seem to agree enough to even shit on the album properly.