So Sup Forums I'm 29 years old and went to the gym to lift weight today for the first time ever...

So Sup Forums I'm 29 years old and went to the gym to lift weight today for the first time ever. How fucked am I tomorrow?

1st time ever? if you think you did a good workout, youre in for some burn for maybe 2 weeks, just keep at it when youre able to continue. and btw, /fit/ is that way^

Very

Yeah first time ever. Im not fat just incredibly unfit. Im sore as fuck now

It's called getting ripped for a reason. You are literally ripping your muscles. After the trama they will rebuild stronger. Be sure to feed them nutrients

yeah i think the next two days are off days, but you can work out the muslces you didnt do today, like legs. dont forget leg day. and abs before and after every workout too

Don't jump into it and do weights to high for you or in a wrong technique. Its very easy to do as a beginner and you wont increase your ability very quickly at all. I would recomend getting a one time personal trainer to help you to know how to lift correctly and what weights then do some research on the exercises good for you. Its not very much work for a huge advantage as a beginner. Also don't fall into the scam of protein powder until you have some decent gains.
It gets easier always remember that and before you know it you will love it.

Squats, Deadlift, Bench, OverheadPress. This is literally all you need to get stronger.

Man up son
Nice dubs

Not at all. The pain does not mean you are fucked, it means you have begun to conquer. Keep at it, mate.

nice and slow buddy, if you cant do it slow its to much

just realize that soreness and burn are your muscles building back stronger. you'll get to looking forward to the soreness, let's you know you did good.

the pain will pass, what you achieve will survive.

also gae butt secks in changing rooms

Can't be fucked doing the whole rundown but it's gonna be sore for the first 2-4 weeks. Then you won't really be sore the next day. If you have 2 weeks off you'll get sore again (DOMS)
Good luck dude

Every single one of the people you saw at the gym went there for the first time at some point.
Just don't stop and you will reach your goals.
Continuity matter more than your actual training or nutrition

>Im sore as fuck now
LOL then u gonna be totally fucked up tomorrow.
Next time take it easy; ull stop feeling like that after some weeks, then u and ur body are gonna thank urself u started working out.

also, got that pic in bigger size?

don't do abs every workout that's fucking retarded, yeah they heal fast but it's not worth the energy besides a bit of core stabilization, I would probably attach it to leg day and maybe one more day 3 or 4 days later if you're doing a one week rotation

how can you let this happen?

make sure you do a decent novice program like SL or SS, eat and sleep well. the pain (DOMS) will go within a few days.
if your gym has a trainer who tries to sway you against SS or SL then you need a new gym

Your diet is most important. Your half wasting your time with out the proper nutrients. If you are sore. You need to be packing in the fuel!. You can't rebuild with out it.

Ease into it. I've worked out a long time. I take lots of breaks. Even if i'm off for a month or two, I ease back into it my first few days. Like one set of low reps of each exercise.

But most important. Eat the right stuff!

Depends what you lifted. Start as low as you need to- typically you should feel it's about 70% of what you can manage to lift once when you're starting out.

29 isn't shit, 1 year and 2 months ago I was 31 and had never been in a gym in my life and looked skinnyfat and meh. I now look like pic related- not particularly great and still tons of work to do, but just lifting a couple times a week for a year has changed me into physically the best looking I've ever been and I get compliments and chatted to by girls so much more.

Never too late to start boys

Workouts are about burning fat off while having a lot of protein and veggies then training the muscles on a low calorie diet. You alternate between the two so you build body mass whilst lowering body fat. It takes hard work and dedication and you should start off light.

Pic related

man these are some small looking hands. nice gains tho

>Workouts are about burning fat off while having a lot of protein and veggies then training the muscles on a low calorie diet.
No, they're about whatever you want them to be about, whether building muscle and putting on weight, building endurance and cardio and putting on weight or the inverse of either, and plenty of other things.

Cardio is great but absolutely not a necessity until it matters and bulking and cutting is absolutely not the only way.

Impressive arms but your traps look under developed by comparison. Git you sum shrugs son

I keep laughing when I see it get this far. It's a little dude in a big dude, I can never unsee it.

Are you white teacher who's goingredients to fight a black teacher in a high school?