I'm looking at buying this R34 that I've had my eyes on, but I won't be able to make the purchase until a week from now...

I'm looking at buying this R34 that I've had my eyes on, but I won't be able to make the purchase until a week from now, and the guy at the dealership said he's had many other inquiries about it too.

I asked him if I can make some sort of deposit to secure my purchase and he said no, so now I'm like stressing the fuck out because this is a cheap-ish R34 GTR that I've found and some other fucker could get it.

How can I stop my self from stressing about this shit. It always happens to me when I'm so close to getting something but I gotta wait just a bit more and there's some other cunts who want what I want too.

I mean, what are the chances that someone buys it between now and next week? Odds are in my favour, right guys?

Guys probably full of shit he is trying to get you to make a rush decision and buy now. POS car will probably be there for months, chill out dumbass.

This. Get an RX7 instead.

Fuck I really hope that's the case.

>Odds are in my favour, right guys?
I mean, you've shown interest in it atleast.
Where do you live?

Since they are incredibly popular cars, might be a bit sketch. You can't borrow from someone you trust and then pay them back whenever you get your next paycheck?

x2, with a 20b swap

I live in Queensland, Australia.

All my friends are fucking pathetically poor and most are unemployed. Can't depend on them to loan me any money in such a short amount of time.

Anytime someone is trying to get your money assume most of what they say is a complete lie. Knock 5,000$ off the price and come back in a week, and if they say no, give them your number and walk the fuck out. They will call you in 24 hours it happens every time.

why is it cheap-ish? those cars in good condition tend to be kinda expensive, I'd be cautious that theres something wrong even if its minor.

>Get an RX7 instead
Do you want to throw money down the drain?

Boost goes in, apex seals come out. I used to own an FD3S and holy shit it was the biggest money sink I have ever owned.
Looks fantastic though and was great fun on mountain roads, but goddamn the rotary engine is just iffy as fuck.

Not to mention fuel economy of a semi-truck.

learn to accept the things you cant change, Sup Forumsro...
you cant change the world you can only change yourself...

There's no such thing as a cheapish R34 gtr. Unless it's been thrashed or the k's are high. Get that shit fully checked by a mechanic.

It's around $30,000. Normally they're like $45,000+ here, sometimes going over $100,000 for ones that have got a shit ton of mods added.

I don't think I've got the balls to do something like that.

I don't think I like that mentality, it makes me sad.

stfu... that's a well known 34... bullshit it's for sale cunt.

Obviously not that exact one you idiot. I just searched google images for R34 GTR.

Dont stress or rush it, he may be full of shit and no one else is looking to buy it. If its meant to be yours then it will.

It's a sports car with an engine designed to burn oil, not exactly designed to be efficient.

I used to have an FC3S and It cost me alot of money to rebuild the engine and maintain it. Used to take it to the race track a fair bit.

Just get a different R34. There is always one for sale somewhere.

But user, this one is so close within my price range, and it's a GTR.

I'm going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life if I don't get this car.

Even High Km ones sell for stupid money. If it's cheap it would either be stolen, damaged in some way or a GTT with GTR body panels.

Why spend 30k on that old piece of shit when you could use that money in infinitely better ways

Pretty much this. Chances are the car's in a pretty rough shape though

Then go buy it. Get the contract written up. That way you won't lose it. That's how this stuff is done.

Why not get a GTT and slap some GTR copy panels on it? You can make 400kw on an unopened R34 GTT RB25det NEO.
My Neo in my R31 makes 370kw.

Because GTR's are legit impressive to be in and GTST's are just another rwd car.

>why not get a gt-r rc model and do "vroom" sounds with your mouth when you drive it around?

The only thing impressive about a GTR is it's AWD which you can get in a Stagea and they handle the same as a R33 GTR. Other than that the 26 is not that great as I have a RB26det in a R34 sedan.

Care to explain then?

At first I was thinking US, cause we go fucking nuts over them for some reason, mainly cause we're not allowed. I know I really want one.
But aren't they fairly easy to get a hold of in Aus.

>we go fucking nuts over them for some reason
Yeah cuz they're banned in the US moran

or you could buy a much newer and better car for less money

>but muh r34
kys

Its not worth it. 30K already tells me it's shit.

Save your money and just buy a decent, better cared for R34 when the time comes along.

Life is too short to stress about shit like this.

Yeah, they are. But I haven't seen an R34 GTR for $30k in quite a while, and I'm worried I'm going to miss my chance of getting one at a price I can actually afford.

But I don't want a newer car.

I don't give a shit which wheels drive the GTR, it runs laps around any GTST of similar horsepower, they're not even in the same league and yeah, you can buy a Stagea, then you own a Stagea.

In essence you can replace a regular 32/33/34 with just about any other rwd jap turbo for similar results and levels of entertainment, the GTR offers something else.

30k will get you a great GTR in Aus, which is where OP lives unless I missed something, they're common as shit here.

>you could buy a much newer and better car
/thread
Get a Toyota GT 86 or Subaru BRZ

>get a poor man's "sports" car or a shitbox brand car

Don't listen to this retard.

smh

Don't listen to this retard OP or you will have really bad time with your R34 when you will need spare parts.

I did say as much.

Is that in AUD. Cause I think the R32's (What we're allowed in the US go for about 20k USD, have seen couple legal R34's here go for around 30k USD)

the rx7 has a wankel engine, not a rotary engine

OP here, yeah it's in AUD.

Well that seems like a fair price.
Real advice, if you really want the car just wait the week and hope.
I've been through this before with a 240Z.
Ended up not getting the car sold the day I got the money for it.
Shit sucks but you move on. And then you just continue to save money and wait for another one. And with saving the money you'll be able to widen the search for one cause your price limit went up.

It was about as efficient as my current 1972 Buick with a 7.3 liter engine. Rotary is just a trainwreck.

3/10 b8 m8

If you're gonna drop 30K on a car, I'd get a Pontiac G8.
You're an Aussie so over there you'd get the Holden Commodore.
If you don't understand, Pontiac had Holden ship them a bunch of Commodore shells which they then put Pontiac branding and their own engines in.
I don't know about the Commodore trim levels, but you can get a Pontiac G8 GXP here in the States for ~30K USD with a 6.2 LS3 V8.

Yeah you can get LS1/2/3 Commodores for decent money here but it's not often in Aus that someone looking at a Commodore will buy a GTR or the reverse.

>7.3L
I don't really know shit about rotary engines, but that seems like a lot compared to the V and I platform engines I'm used to.

Yeah I do understand that there's quite a difference in taste and style when comparing two cars like these, I prefer muscle cars over all but I'd be willing to drive anything with a good amount of power, I don't give a shit if it's a JDM or an Italian supercar, I just like going fast.

>, I just like going fast.
Why not get a bike then?

I actually would like to have a bike, but I'd prefer a car, mostly because of the increased danger factor.
I like going fast, but I like being alive too.

7.3L is a lot, it's about 462 cubic inches, and my old rotary got less mileage than that when driving with a somewhat heavy foot.
Rotary had only somewhat mild tuning done to it aswell, just guzzles gas and oil like an iranian hooker on crack.

Sounds like a pussy move.
Although I don't know the bike scene there in Aus.
Also, idk how get licensed for one is over there. I know your car shit is more difficult than here in the US. And getting licensed for a bike here is also way easy.

Not banned fag. Just don't make a left side drive model anymore

>462 cubic inches
That is quite the engine

>My old rotary got less mileage than that
I think you forgot to provide the reference point

>Rotary had only somewhat mild tuning done to it aswell, just guzzles gas and oil like an iranian hooker on crack.
Made me Kek, +1 internet for you.

I'm not OP, Amerifag as well.

idk if bait or just retarded.

Well then get a bike.
It's the shit.
You won't die if you take it easy at first.
I started out on a CBR 954RR and I'm still alive.

Just the overall point I was trying to convey to the user suggesting an RX7 earlier is that yeah they're neat, unusual and sounds pretty good.
But from personal experience, I wouldn't say that the pros outweigh the cons. Especially since gas isn't really that cheap anymore and nor is it that much fun to replace the seals on that fucking thing.

GT GTS gtst or GTR?

I guess I kind of lied to you.
I do own a bike but I don't ride it much, it's my dad's old Harley Super Glide that I got when he died. I don't have a bike license, which is why I don't ride it very often (and because it's kind of fucked up), and when I do it's through back roads. I plan on getting it, I've just been procrastinating and putting all my money into my iroc. The bike has some issues staying on and I don't know much about them, but with all my money going into the Camaro, I haven't had a chance to even take it somewhere to get it looked at.
Besides all that Harley's aren't really my style, I'll keep it because it was my father's and that's really the only reason.

If you're just after a fuck-around car or a drift missile, go GTS and turbo it or a cheap GTS-T.

GTR if you want to hang on to it and have it as an actual car.

i heard they were banned because of illegal importing

Well, cruisers are probably the safest bike to ride.
I get that it's your dads, but I'd say sell it and either put it into the iroc or get a bike you like.
If he's dead I don't think he'll mind much.

Wot?
R32 to R34 are banned in the US due to some legal shit with crash safety forms. SOME R33's are legal due to a company importing them that actually got the crash safety forms signed off. But they're pretty much impossible to find.

But yeah, R32 to R34 are illegal in the US.

They're banned because they don't have US crash reports. The emissions thing is bullshit, America is afraid letting cars like this in will ruin the domestic market, or at least we used to be, and now it's just tradition to pawn off the ban on emissions when it's a load of crap.

He's got it right.

R34 some ass get a R32 instead dude

They weren't specifically banned.
It was an importing thing.
While back US mercedes was losing money cause people wanted to get the europ specs instead of buying in the US and it was cheap enough to do so.
So they lobbied congress and got the 25 year rule created. Citing safety regulations, which was pretty much bullshit. And I never understood how a car being 25 years older suddenly makes it safe to drive on the road.

>And I never understood how a car being 25 years older suddenly makes it safe to drive on the road.

R32 is legal now if they're the right year.
They stopped with the R33's cause the company doing it fudged some paperwork.
They also got a few legal R34's through.
But you can pick up R32's now with relative ease if you have the money.

I honestly probably will.
I was kinda raised as the All-American boy, in love with muscle cars and having sentimental attachment to heirlooms.
I have my Uncle's 84 Corvette and his diamond ring, my mother's gold and diamond necklace, a lot of my father's watches, etc.
It would suck to let go of something that was his but I've got plenty of shit, and that stuff doesn't take up room in my workshop.
But I'd definitely put the money from it towards my dream car, a 1977 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe.
Pic very related.
Unfortunately I can't find a single Super Coupe for sale anywhere. Plenty of R/T's, they go for around $10K. But that's not what I want.

I totally understand your attachment to things.
My grandad left me a 77 Courier and a 65 mustang.
I actually like the courier plus the sentimentality. And I'd sell the mustang if it wasn't a piece of shit.
Personally I don't get attachment to things like jewelry but it is what it is.

I'm not too attached to the jewelry, if I went broke and needed money, that would be the first stuff to go. I have a lot more shit from my family than I'm leading you to believe.
I've got my dad's 97 Bonneville, which has turned out to be the most reliable car I've ever owned, that 3800 Series II won't give up. It's my DD, so it won't be sold.
I've got an old Coronet in storage, but it was falling apart even before I got it, I won't sell that though, it was my dad's favorite car.
I got the iroc from my mom, I'm turning that into my racer, so it stays.
That's all the cars, Bonneville, Coronet, Camaro, and Corvette.
A lot of old Harley Davidson and Dodge memoribila, signs, badges/symbols off of cars my dad owned over the years, etc.

It's just a car.

It's probably been thrashed to hell by some vaping douche.