Fuckin' best buy...

fuckin' best buy. Wanted to buy an "open box" 43" Toshiba LCD TV today and they had lost the Toshiba remote & OEM legs somehow, and wanted to replace it with a "discounted universal remote and a discounted wall mount".

Asked another employee about transferring that model from the next closest store and he said "never to trust the guys that ship stuff" from other stores because they always damage the items. He said "I saw a flat lcd tv bent until it was curved."

wow senpai i guess i will go back to ordering shit online :^)

Is circuit city or any other big ass box store in your area generally more professional than this? All we have for major electronics is BB within 60 miles of home.

>Asked another employee about transferring that model from the next closest store and he said "never to trust the guys that ship stuff" from other stores because they always damage the items. He said "I saw a flat lcd tv bent until it was curved."

that's entirely true, actually. they weren't lying to you about that. places like best buy lose TONS of merchandise because the people shipping them simply don't give a fuck in the world. appliance to be shipped missing its box? whatever, toss it in the back bro. not my problem. strap it down and make sure other stuff is strapped down so things don't get damaged and fucked up? not my job, not my problem. it seriously happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME to the point companies must be losing a considerable amount of revenue due to items being fucked up during shipping, but for whatever reason it's just how it is

>circuit city
I have bad news user
Anyway I've ended up buying from walmart and having no problems

lol you found an employee at best buy to help you?

>circuit city
Are you really that secluded from the rest of civilization?

my local walmart has a great frozen food section/selection
it's like every time i go in they have some kind of new frozen dinner or pizza or whatever
shits awesome
the people that work there, however; look like reprobates

Used to work in a furniture warehouse.
Can confirm that the guys handling the shipping do not give a shit.

Probably because they pay jack shit. When I got paid more than $10 an hour I actually tried to do my job exceptionally well instead of just zoning out until quitting time. Call me a lazy nigger (I'm white but w/e) but I'm not busting my ass for minimum wage, just the bare minimum to not catch hell. Minimum wage = minimum work.

Go to self check out, you'll never have to interact with an employee

yeah, check yourself before you wreck yourself

>Circuit city
Are you posting from the year 2002? Or are you waking up from a 15 year coma?

actually they died in 2009.

SO who all filled their void?

fuckers always have half of them closed or broken down
still, every blue moon, you'll see a decent looking teen and/or single mom age cashier
always tempted to see if i could get a blow & go for $20 from one of them

>Circuit City

>buying used product
>not seeing it before you pay money for it

Use your head, dummy. If the open box item is being shipped from another store, there's nothing the local guys can do about that package except sign for it, and that fucker's going through UPS.

You're a fucking dummy looking for a cheap tv.
Open Box Best Buy have great deals, where most of it was bought and returned in 15 days, but make sure you see it first

nothing did. circuit city wasn't necessary anymore

>tfw the circuit city near me hasnt even been taken over by anything yet its just a big scary empty building with a light circle where the sign should be

People just went to Walmart or Fry's or Best Buy like they were already doing. Nobody cared about CC because corporate was staffed with dipshits whose decisions effectively made customers want to go elsewhere.

I work at a Sams Club, and 100% never trust the guys that ship shit. They give no fucks and stuff is damaged and its on us rather than them. But if we're missing the remote for that open box tv we don't do "discounted universal remote" we just have tons of spare remotes and find one that works with your tv before you leave.

that happened to most circuit cities, actually. i've seen a good number of former circuit cities over the years. i pass by one every year on the way to place i usually spend vacation time at with my senpai

Work for a corporate big box store. Used to put tons of effort into my job and customer interaction. Eventually got beaten down by the awful structure and management. I no longer give a fuck. Blame me, blame them, I don't care.

>43 inch
>LCD
>2016

Holy fuck, do people as stupid as you actually exist?

No. Minimum wage means minimum skill. Literally all you have to do is move a box without breaking it. You have to think it would actually take more effort to fuck that up than to do it right. Retard.

I think you're missing the part where $10 an hour means "no one gives a fuck." It could be (and often is) the simplest job in the world, but the reason you're paying people is for them to give a fuck. If you give them a pittance, they don't give any fucks.

You don't have to give a fuck. It's moving a box. What manner if idiot are you that can't move a box without giving a fuck.

There are lots of ways a box can be busted by lack of care. Dudes would kick furniture just to move it.

Yeah best buy is garbage. I worked there for a short while a few years ago and I got the stocker position.

They told me that when I was on the sales floor I was supposed to be a sales associate as well, even though I didn't really know much about TVs or computers. I brought this up and was told to read the little cards that show the specs beside the items. They basically wanted some of us to pretend like we knew what we were talking about, which is how a few people got by. I was pretty happy to leave that place.

because it really doesn't make a difference whether or not you do the job well. often you get reprimanded if you try to do your job well because you're "taking too long." minimum wage isn't about doing a job well, it's about doing what your boss wants. their rating scales are entirely arbitrary and meaningless because they really don't have a clue what you're doing. all they see is a number they've prioritized like how fast you did your task or how many reward cards you shilled or whatever. that's all they judge you towards. in this scenario, which is pretty much the norm when it comes to minimum wage for large corporations, whether or not you do your job well doesn't matter. your priority is to do whatever it takes to meet whatever criteria your boss measures because anything else is unnecessary and may bite you in the ass.

they treat you better when you aren't a broke mess looking for a used television

dear dummy, i was looking right at the tv on the fucking wall. i asked if they could ship a NEW ONE from another store of the same model.

calm down kid

so what would you buy for a bedroom, genius?

a 60" ?

fucking box store employee detected.

Wanna go sue Best Buy?

>buying an Open Box TV

Kek
I work at Best Buy in Canada (company will shutter in 2yrs btw) and I would never buy one. The OBs can be returns, repairs or demo units that are blaring an image 12hrs a day.

>2016
>Going to big box stores

Hell I don't think I buy anything but groceries in store anymore.

sams club is a pretty good place to buy a tv

OP you're spineless. Open box inventory is a burden on the department, they will do --a lot-- to get that shit off the floor. You 100% should have haggled with them.

>43"
>LCD
>probably only 720p
>"Toshiba"

All the Toshiba's, Sharps and Insignias at Best Buy are made of old unused components tossed together from other brands in the same factory.

Upset that trying to Jew BB didn't get you the best possible outcome

your mom is spineless

>Tfw he did his best to look like a complete douche
>Still ended up getting the second date with a reasonably cute girl
Granted the fact that she thought she was on a dating show was probably why she went again

You misunderstand. Its not moving a box. Its making your boss think you're moving a box.

>old
>tossed
>same factory
>the
>are
>Toshiba's

you're going to hurt yourself, kid

>go to best buy
>ask an associate a question
>he looks at the card
>uhhhhh...
>points at the card
>welll....
>starts reading the card

never went back

also you now realize this is an attempt from a Sup Forumsedditor to start Sup Forums's version of "fucking gamestop."

I work for the company you stupid fuck. The models of Toshiba and Sharp they sell are made specifically for Best Buy and Insignia is the house brand. All are made in the same place with the same parts. Check the back of them sometime you cuck

To be fair, why the fuck would some fresh out of high school kid working part time at min wage be motivated to know detailed product knowlegde of everything in store?

>I work for best buy

I'm sorry, user

Don't apologize I wanna kill myself every day

>working at best buy and calling someone else a stupid fuck

do you know, under what company header all of this stuff is put together? Do they just piecemeal the stuff together and get license from Toshiba/Sharp and so on and create frankenmodels for Best Buy?

they probably just contract the same thing from a chinese maufacturer and put their own branding on it

Hey man I know a smart asian guy who works at the bakery I do and he has a degree in accounting.

does he call you a stupid fuck

No, he is a nice young guy. Pretty chill.

Best Buy is cancer. I got one of those retards fired for going off on him about wasting my time trying to help while not knowing shit about the new models of tv they had. When they lose a two thousand dollar sale they actually give a shit. You can understand the vast majority of what you need to for most of the products within each section in one night for each with a little effort and research. It's not hard but the problem is the world is filled with lazy faggots who can't do the bare minimum and don't understand work ethic. Brick and mortar is for showroom purposes only. Amazon needs a giant showroom near their warehouses to sell discount shit alongside it to finally kill off most of these crappy chains.

The profit margin is only like $75 on most TV's and big ticket items. They don't give a shit about losing a sale or whatever. Best Buy exists to bilk money out of plebs by selling $40 HDMI cables and extended warranties.

Do they really make all of their money on cables and warranties?

they live on it, any of their store branded shit will literally be a dollar or less

used to kinda worked there

>complains about how easy it is to learn about the products and why don't sales people know shit
>doesn't do all his research before hand
Pleb

That's not true there are big margins on Samsungs and some LGs. Depends on the model but the upper end 8000 series Samsungs have $600 margins.

Let's put it this way, a $40 HDMI cable has a cost of $1.82 for the store to purchase.

Warranties cost them almost nothing cause most never have claims.

its been said already but

>circuit city

When I worked there I bought this long auxiliary cable for $8. The employee discount was cost (what Best buy pays for it) + 15%

>They were selling it for a little over $25 I believe

I think that may have been a well placed joke. Best Buy seems as archaic as BlockBuster and I think it barely survived without major revamping a few years ago.

Lel discount in Canada is cost+5%

Oh I'm canadian actually, so you must be right. I probably just have shit memory since that was a few years ago. I haven't walked into a best buy since leaving that place

i don't know what is wrong with 'em i always feel sort of weird when stopping by the place. I have amazon prime so i order a ton of shit that way. had not been there for a couple years and stopped in several times recently for sales and whatnot. still gives me the spoopies walking around in there like a Blue Shirt is going to tongue my anus.

i know what you mean. whenever i walk into best buy i can't help but wonder "who still even shops here." like, it reminds me of when i'd be there all the time in high school before amazon started carrying games and movies and all that

if someone got raped by a Geek Squad employee, would they report it? Or be too embarrassed?

don't usually laugh at rape jokes but lol good shit

I don't think a Geek Squad employee could successfully pull it off. They would probably get their dick stuck in their zipper.

Same here

As a department manager of electronics at a Walmart it is way to true and did overnights for best buy. The Packers and drivers really just don't care.

Former UPS employee here. Don't trust TVs getting shipped to you. I worked there unloading trucks for almost a year, and they rush you along so much, that they pretty much encourage you to "Jenga" the stacks of boxes to intentionally make them fall, so you can toss them on the belt quicker.

Really...this though.

I used to work as a shipper/receiver for a high end kitchen/cooking store. People would buy their precious coffee machines/plates/$15 a glass stemware etc.

I was paid $15/hr and the manager was too cheap to order me a proper amount of bubble wrap and paper stuffing, etc. I was not paid enough to give a shit with the amount of shit I was forced to box and ship each day while being told to not waste so much bubble wrap and packing foam. Fine, fuck you manage, don't give a shit. Big serving platter is too huge for the boxes you buy? Guess I gotta make that shit fit.

I would get so many pissed off customer phone calls, I'd blame UPS and then issue a refund. If they wanted a replacement, I'd usually talk them out of it somehow so I wouldn't have to pack and ship it again.

I got fired, went back to school, graduated, and now I make way more money, so fuck em.