What do you think of the new trailer user?

What do you think of the new trailer user?
youtu.be/hNwORVbNN-s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lmZRRqF6wA
youtube.com/watch?v=xWKyg3d1QRg
youtu.be/EGuTkrsVoFw
youtu.be/M89VLZgo1Vg
vimeo.com/64987176
youtube.com/watch?v=zyv19bg0scg
youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o
youtube.com/watch?v=IE9CmX15PYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

music didn't fit
gojira looks like he's made of papier mache

Looks great

Just what you would expect from the master.

No really, shits straight out of Eva.

>gojira looks like he's made of papier mache
I suppose that is the idea

It makes my dick hard

Where is my bby girl?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lmZRRqF6wA

From August Ragone:

>With Hideaki Anno's GODZILLA RESURGENCE less than ten days from release, Toho held a new press conference on the film earlier today in Tokyo. On stage were Director Anno, producer Akihiro Yamauchi, and the film's three leads, Hiromi Hasegawa, Yutaka Takenouchi, and Satomi Ishihara. RESURGENCE has been sold to 100 territories across the globe as of July 19th, with more pending. Conversely, 12 years ago, GODZILLA FINAL WARS was sold to 67 territories, worldwide.

>Toho announced at the press conference that the film will open in Taiwan on August 12, the Philippines on August 24, Hong Kong and Macao on August 25, and Thailand on September 8th. Toho said that after 12 years since the last production, this new Japanese-made Godzilla is likely to cause a whirlwind overseas, as RESURGENCE is released throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and North America. Yes, inside sources say a NA release may be announced shortly.

>Announcing release a week before first release
What does this do to help the movie?

I thought the music fit it, but I still want my cheezy godzilla music to show up at some point.

youtube.com/watch?v=xWKyg3d1QRg

Should have used this music desu:

youtu.be/EGuTkrsVoFw

Things have been quiet on the international distribution front seeing as that stuff over New World Cinema was just a bunch of people fucking with a random no-name distribution company that actually had no connection to the film.

Also, with the genre struggling in Japan, this much attention being given to the movie might get the nipsters too cool for Toku to give this a shot.

it's great. genuinely spooky.
fuck independence day and fuck michael bay action flicks.

Have you seen it?

I liked the last trailer more but this was very good also, that roar was fucking #1 man

Why are the japanese so bad at making movie visual effects when they are so good at making video games and tech shits?

Fairly basic and unexciting for the most part, but right at the end when they cut to Godzilla roaring I found myself really interested. The way they do the close ups of Godzilla is very fake and rubbery but somehow comes across as very scary when shot in modern HD. The monster does press on the uncanny valley and I think that works well with how realistic the rest of the film looks. The monster is fake but contrasts believably with the rest of the story, which seems to be filled with very real human suffering.

when was the last time you played a japanese game that really made you feel like the graphics were at all technically impressive?

aesthetics can't be used to make game graphics look better when you're juxtaposing it to real life.

Music reminds me of Elfen Lied.

>teasing new atomic breath
>US release all but assured

Can't wait.

I AM THE HYPE

The editing in this trailer is shit. With that being said, I am super excited for this flick, and the purple atomic breath looks gorgeous and different in a good way.

Looking forward to the film

Can a Pacific Rim tank Atomic Breath?

I look forward to torrenting it in 3 years

looks cool af

>Tell me, Godzilla...
>Do you bleed?

Looks like dog shit.
I hope it performs terribly and Anno apologizes to Godzilla fans.

fucking love it. this is what I expect an Anno directed Godzilla would be.

cant be worse than Muh military ft. Godzilla they released in America

thank fucking god

the shithole piece of shit with Aaron "Stoneface Robotic" Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth "Why the fuck am I even in this film" Olsen military circlejerk pales in comparison

Looks amazing tb h

Yes it can.
That movie had a decent looking Godzilla and when he was on screen it was perfect.
Everything else was shit.
This looks like its going to be dog shit everything.
Stupid fucking edge master Zilla with some stupid hamfisted plot by Anno, master of dead horse beating.

Anno probably replaced atomic breath with a thin laser beam

(OP)
Godzilla's Atomic Breath is Fucking Purple! CONFIRMED

New Trailer Better quality
youtu.be/M89VLZgo1Vg

Im expecting Rebuild Ramiel levels of beam destruction

>yfw

>Directed by Lars Von Trier

Is it really purple? I'm colorblind, looks blue to me.
Also consider that the red vein thingies in his skin (and probably his throat too) might be combining with the blue atomic breath to tint it purple, you know? Like maybe it's just a pretty nice, realistic-ish touch to the film

that movie was especially shitty when godzilla was onscreen tbqdesu
this one looks great 100 percent

vimeo.com/64987176

More like God Warrior levels

His arms are fucking retarded

dem thunder thighs

> directed by a literal hack

is this gonna be full of visual symbolism nonsense?

>That score
>That editing
>Those angles
>That horrible gaping mouth
I love it, great trailer. Here's hoping the movie lives up to it, Godzilla 2014 had a better trailer than the final film ended up being (even though I still enjoyed it).

>Godzilla ends up being about a young boy learning to deal with human suffering

uncanny valley only refers to humanistic faces

Fuck, Godzilla looks really good. Not graphics wise, but just the fact that he looks so fucking off-putting. Especially in the cover of night, like with or Gaping mouth, weird movement, the glowing, sort of see-thru skin, it's so fucking good.

The only thing I have against it is the roar they're using. That old 70's Godzilla roar is good, but it doesn't fit the new design. I hope it's just for the trailer to hide a new one.

>Godzilla can't get close to downtown Tokyo because Hedgehog's Dilemma

Apparently the Japanese suck at movie trailers. Almost no sound at all, random clips from the movie, generic music pasted over it, doesn't give you the slightest idea of what's going on (then again we already know since it'll be the same as every other godzilla solo movie). The shot of him warming up his purple breath was really cool though. When was the last time we saw practical effects that good?

What do you listen to that this trailer's music is generic to you? Please direct me to more trailers with songs like that, as I really enjoyed it.

absolutely cannot wait.
looks better everytime i hear news about it

If there's two things the legendary Godzilla did well, it was his new roar and the atomic breath reveal, both were exceptional.

GET IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM SHINJI

Theyve been using a bunch of the older roars for trailers and spots. It's likely to mask the actual one

I thought they did a great job with the MUTOs as well, but I have no problem with a standalone Godzilla movie either.

You think I'm some kind of savant who has a complete catalog memory of every piece of music I've ever heard and can just rattle off examples of music like this that I've heard? All I know is I feel like I've heard it a million times and it doesn't stand out. You godzilla fans are so fucking autistic you'll bend over and take whatever the franchise tries to shove in your ass, I swear.

I was legitimately asking a question, because I loved the music. You don't have to fly off the handle.

Also I really disagree with you with regards to it being common-place. The fact that you're apparently unable to name anything is clear evidence in my favor.

looks like a high budget nhk drama.

anno is such a fucking mess of a person. he can't even properly manage the one and only good thing he made, evangelion.

God i love the music and the "song over scenes" style trailer, when was the last holywood movie that had such distinctive music, all i hear these days is WUBWUB, generic stuff or old licensed shit, where is the music in these new movies?

It's not an amazing trailer, but compared to the cookie cutter shit we have these days at least these feel fresh.

THIS
THIS THIS THIS

>He still expects me to have a perfect memory of every piece of music I've heard before

I only make efforts to commit something to memory if I think it's interesting, enjoyable, memorable, etc. so of course I would have trouble naming shit that sounds like this trailer music. The best I can do is I'm pretty sure I've heard it in an anime. Do you remember music you don't like very well? I rest my fucking case.

JUST

Yeah their designs were cool, I liked the idea that insect life at that scale begins to look and sound biomechanical.

Fresh? Sure, fresh shit I guess. It's poorly constructed. It's just the Toho logo then all at once clips and music abruptly start up. No buildup, no indication of story except that it's Godzilla, then way at the end we get a couple of lines and I don't understand Japanese but whatever is being said it definitely isn't enough to explain even half of what's supposed to be going on in this movie.

rest your fucking dick dude

shit's probably fucking raw now

>I'm losing, better whip out the "tryhard" defense

not even the other guy I'm just here to warn you about dick safety my man

>No buildup
There was in the 1st one

>no indication of story except that it's Godzilla
Just because you know how it usually plays out doesnt mean it lacks story presentation. It shows godzilla, then it shows people running from him, reaction shots of suited people, meetings where we see a recurring character, than the military attacking him by day, there is a whole story set in trailer. You might not know the details of why and how, but the trailer tells you what happens in the movie fine.

So how's the movie going to play out.?
I'm guessing
>70% Japs in some conference room """"""acting"""""" out a contrived screenplay from Anno
>30% Godzilla destroying city and fighting military

>There was in the 1st one
>It shows godzilla, then it shows people running from him, reaction shots of suited people, meetings where we see a recurring character, than the military attacking him by day
>there is a whole story set in trailer

My sides. Look at all that story. Shots of Godzilla, shots of army tanks, shots of people talking (without sound), and people running from Godzilla.

Shirō Sagisu

I don't keep up with random Jap films.

A trailer is not a synopsis, they tell what you will see in the movie, not what is the set up and how they play out, that is played out in the movie.

You mock it as if every trailer out there goes out of it's way to say who is the main character, what are his characteristics and ambitions, what are the exact challenge they find, how they solve them, what happens in the climax, etc...

How does he stack up?

All this over a fucking trailer. This is why Hollyshit spoils all of their trailers so that you guys are already affirmed that the film will be complete dog shit. Where as this is a curveball, because we have no idea what is going on.

Japanese trailers like this not just permeate Japanese movies, but even Japanese made trailers of American films.

>Trailers are better when they give you 0 story

Holy shit dude you're a dick, the music is great.

That's true. Watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=zyv19bg0scg
youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

These are great examples of trailers getting the atmosphere correct without spoiling absolutely anything.

Honestly yes

youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o

Woops wrong trailer for Strangelove.
youtube.com/watch?v=IE9CmX15PYA

weebum

The fuck. I wanna watch this film now.

You should, its pretty good.

I'mma watch it tomorrow after I watch some other moobies on my list.

All the trailer says is 'It's another standalone Godzilla movie' but the shots and editing were rather dull and don't really get me excited or anything.

It's boring and generic. I don't just praise everything that's thrown at me.

>using the Alien trailer
Yeah it works when it's actually good

The zero story approach rarely works. You have to do it just right. This new godzilla trailer doesn't.

yeah its a pretty vivid purple

FOX engine yo
Just look at P.T., it was almost photorealistic if you didn't take a good long look at some of the models.

I wasn't entirely sold on the really wide jaw, but seeing it slowly open up like that is really unsettling

2014 Godzilla is still better.

>the one and only good thing he made, evangelion.

>Nadia
>Gunbuster
>Kare Kano
>

>No Australia mentioned

I will literally be the only cunt in my local Dendy and I don't even give a fuck.

it hasn't even come out yet

>yfw down on the street looking up to that

They are fucking nailing the whole scary Godzilla thing, i've loved his look since day 1 and this just confirms how terrifying it's gonna look on the big screen

>cutting away from atomic breath

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO CUM YOU FUCKING GOOKS

I hate how they used a really fast shutter speed resulting in almost no motion blur. It makes everything look fake.
Still pretty hyped about it, I hope they'll release it in Europe.

>helis flying between buildings

I THOUGHT YOU LEARNED FROM THE MURICAN GODZILLA JAPAN

me too thanks