Is marijuana you buy today the same as the one you bought in the 60s/70s...

Is marijuana you buy today the same as the one you bought in the 60s/70s? My doctor told me that today's weed has a lot of bad chemistry in it, and it's not safe as it used to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299165
cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=MAU5 Cree
timbergrowlights.com/grow-light-kits/cree-cxb3590-kits/
lightingsupply.com/philips-cdm-mastercolor-ceramic-metal-halide-bulb.aspx
lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps/ceramic-metal-halide/
lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your doctor makes money every time he gives someone a perscription for big pharma drugs

It's just a safe. Only stronger now.

its just as save but the strength depends on the strain

>today's weed has a lot of bad chemistry in it
bad chemistry?

he could mean pesticides, but there was a small risk of that back then too

some is grown with shitty chemical nutrients, but that really doesn't make it any worse for you

should have asked him exactly what he meant by bad chemistry

It's grown WAY better.

THC contents are up from 10% to 25-30% depending on strain.

That's really the only major difference aside from more/hybrid strains.

He's literally just saying that so youll get a normie prescription for some fat cat drugs that are far more likely to hurt you than pot

Same shit, just stronger.
There's just more greedy people now spraying their shit to make it heavier to sell more.

I started smoking 2 years ago, and it was always ok. Then a friend of mine who never smoked, smoked with me. He got something like "crazy": he thought he was God, he had very bad hallucinations, like thinking street lights were ufos and aliens. He was "feeling light", and believed he was about to fly and die and go to heaven because he was God. Now he is in an psychiatric hospital. Since that happened, I have never smoked again and I fear the same would happen to me. I always believe weed to be a beautiful thing, but how can I now?

It's more potent, there are alternatives like buying organic if you don't want pesticides. I'm guessing that's the only harm in it.

The only risk that I know of at the moment is cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Google it.

either your friend was nuts to begin with, or that was not just weed

i'll take things that never happened for 600 trebek

agreed! you also smoke less plant matter because you smoke less to get the same high.

Some people have very bad reactions to mind altering substances. It's uncommon but not unheard of.

I don't understand what you said, you're saying my story didn't actually happen?

He was faking it.

you're probably young, at best 20-22.

The weed we smoked in the mid 90's was 3-7%, we paid $20-30 a gram for shit that was confirmed to be 10% and it was rumoured to be from b/c.

The shit that was being smoked in the 60's and 70's was known to be .0-3% and could be smoked the entire day with impunity. The absoulte best of the best was tropical strains such as maui wowi, panama red/gold, we have decendants of these strains that are still only around 10% if grown naturally.

We didn't get ahold of proper growing until the mid to late 90's when hid became a possibility indoors, and strains only started taking off around the same time.

But I'm not a faggot who's into the "culture".
I just smoke the shit and enjoy. Friend who had been growing for 16 years got me started. Been "chasing the dragon" since.

Fuck, I miss his weed.

I'm a heavy smoker of the weeds and so was my cousin but he went mental cannabis psychosis the doctors called it went into full blown schizophrenia he is fucked but I still smoke it I think if you go mental the mental was in you anyway so just keep smoking user

Believe me, he was not faking it.
1- he's not the guy to fake such things
2- you don't end up in a psychiatric hospital leaving family, friends, university work and stuff for... what?

I was only explaining that weed itself was a lot weaker than 10% up until around 2000 going forward. And even then most places you couldn't find anything aside from reg's unless you paid a premium.

Home grown is always best

>Been "chasing the dragon" since.

Thought this was a weed thread, not a heroin thread

So you think it can't happen to me? He got mad because he was predisposed to it, and weed just triggered or speeded up the process?

>cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome
it might of happened but he was faking the whole thing

dude was just high af

Anyone here growing weed?
I plan on moving out soon but won't be able to afford to buy weed as much as I smoke so I plan on growing my own while working at the same time.
>is it tough to grow weed at home?
>how long does it take?
>do I need to look after it often? I won't be home a lot because of work
>if I live by myself would it be easy for me to get caught? is the smell strong enough to alert people passing by my house?
I just want a single plant but have no idea how to go about it

His weed was that good, friend.
Gave me the tip of a cola once. TIP! Half ounce. Size of my fist. Texas Big Bud. Keep your demons at bay weed, as he called it.
His Cali Orange, grabbed you by the nuts and pulled you six feet into your couch. Fucking epic shit. Heady, body buzz. Fuckin' eh.

I'm aware. But I needed to clarify my position all the same.

its pretty much the same but stronger. one big difference is most of the weed is grown in dispensaries, which dont use toxic pesticides banned decades ago. In the 60s we'd import weed from mexico and south america where strange pesticides were normal.

But yeah, the weeds way stronger. Not a problem as most users are auto-titratory, and stop smoking once they're high.

I thought that too, "he is just high as fuck", i was even laughing at it... but his thoughts and madness kept going on for DAYS. you can't stay high for days

>is it tough to grow weed at home?

not if you have the right equipment
>how long does it take?
3-4 months germ to cure
>do I need to look after it often? I won't be home a lot because of work
Daily, but its only around 20 minutes at a time, until you chop, that takes hours
>if I live by myself would it be easy for me to get caught?
no
is the smell strong enough to alert people passing by my house?
kind of, depends on your filter setup and how much you grow.

If you did a 2 plant, 400hps setup of an l.e.d. equivalent, it would be easy to hide the smell, and easy to manage

i've grown before, its fun. if you're going outside start early april/march, be prepared to wait til september/october.

if its inside... try doing a hydroponics setup where 6 different plants are connected to a central reservoir. Takes a little reading and learning, but the yields are massive.

Just 1 plant isn't worth it, because if you get a nice 600w light to get some strong kush... well at that point you have so much excess light you might as well get 3 more plants.

My favourite is when you have a bowl packed, but you're so high that you're left staring at it thinking about how you want to smoke it. But can't bring yourself to lift the pipe and light up.

Don't know about percentages but in my experience good weed gives more of a buzz than a stone.

Best I ever had, the first 30 mins were almost like a sugar + amphetamine rush combined, then your knees decided they were rubber. Didn't matter though because you were just filled with the need to do something, not just vegetate on the couch.

I knew the grower personally so it wasn't adulterated in any way.

PROPER SPECTRUM OF LIGHT!

For both phases. Different bulbs are required.
To maximize effect, use green tinted lightbulb for the room light. So that no unwanted wavelengths affect your plant.

can you describe some of what he was saying?

also what did you smoke?? was it possibly laced with lsd

600w led if true 600w will buy you a half pound of weed for the light alone

and 600w for any lower end led will only be around 180-200 actual watts which is not enough for more than two plants

Weed is just better now, although I refuse to smoke anything that wasn't grown by me.

All I blow is loud!
t. Juicy J

God, if he doesn't know "proper spectrum of light" he has a SHITLOAD of reading to do.

If you're THAT uneducated, read The Cannabis Grow Bible. There's free pdfs online, they'll teach you the absolute basics.

Do LEDs provide the proper spectrum? Or does he have to go halogen?

Shit like that happened to my friend's girlfriend.

She was diagnosed OCD, and her mom was diagnosed Schizophrenia, so i was like "maybe dont smoke weed if your mom was in and out of psych wards her whole life"

Old books don't know shit.

i dont know, i've been using HID lights, all my experience with those

old books know fundamentals like color range for veg/flower,

how to train plants with paperclips to grow sideways....

You'll need white COB LEDs, Cree, Bridgelux and Citizen. Halogen is useless, it puts out shit light and lots of heat.

Your Doctor is an idiot. Get a new one. If he had any real knowledge of science he knows that the only change has been selective breeding. Something that has been going on for a Millennia.

the reason I'm just looking for a single plant is because of how intense the smell would be. If its not much of a difference then more than 1 would be fine.

I'll be growing for personal use only. How much cash will I have to spend on equipment do you think for growing 1-3 plants indoors?

I might be able to convert one of the spare rooms in the house into a place where I can grow, but I don't want to make it too obvious in case my landlord would randomly show up or something. Any way to hide the smell/plants themselves in case that happens? or does it pretty much ruins my plans all together?

So there are specially made LEDs that put out the proper spectrum?
If this is true, then it would make a small home grow all the more viable as no one's going to notice the spike in electrical usage.

You don't need to know "color ranges", just use a full spectrum light source like CDMs and white LEDs. I use two 315w CDMs with 4200K bulbs.

He thought a lot of stuff during those days, I can't remember it all but I'll tell you what I remember:
Very first thing, he was sitting on a chair, then immediatly stood up and said "I'm about to die!" bringing his hands on his head. He then explained me that he thought he was being replaced by a third friend, who was not even there, and his entity, being replaced by the friend, was disappearing and then he was dying.

Another one... He knows he is a good person, honest and all, so he thought he was God and all the bad people were Devils, so his job on the earth was to spread the good word.

Another one: one night he wakes up (sleeped at my house), and said he was gay, and i was like what the fuck dude? Then he explained me his dick couldn't get hard because he is really a woman, and his dick is existing only in a physical form, but not in him.

Worst of all:
He escaped his house thinking Aliens were arriving (they were actually street lights) and me and his family were kidnapped by aliens. He risked to go under cars, and being hit by people. That's when he went to psychiatric hospital.

There is a lot of stuff he said and done, but I can't remeber them all... Those days were like living in hell...

You'll get good. But not best with that.

Optimization makes a world of difference to get your strains to their true potential.

I think he meant that humans put bad chemical stuff in there

no, you use carbon scrubber filters. You would have a much easier time buying and using a tent than trying to configure a room to be light leak free

Surround operation with that reflective shit.
So it's a room in a room.
Pretty simple stuff.

.. cmh has the absolute best yeild per watt right now, including cob

the only reason anyone would choose cob over cmh is head issues

Optimization is not required when you use good quality lights, things were different when people used high pressure sodiums and regular metal halides. CDMs and COB LEDs are the best light sources available and will maximize the genetic potential.

this tbqh fam. there's some super cheap airtight grow tents on ebay, and you can throw a carbon scrubber on that thing boom, total smell proof

user from a few posts up here.

I've been using HID since like 2011. teach me about CDM & COB? or throw me a link to read? i feel like im behind the times

how is a room within a room any different than a tent? other than a tent for a first time grower is assure to be leak free, while a room built within a room by a beginner is not?

its almost like you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about.

icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299165

I started with HPS and MH, then tried "blurple" LED grow lights, moved to old CMH (400w) and then to the newer 315w CDMs, never going back. I still use white chip-on-board LEDs for micro grows, lots of high quality light for very low wattage and heat.

It's not required. But I've tasted the glory of true optimization. It's the difference between a 95% and a 100%. The average Joe would never know. But I do. So I say what I say.

Efficiency is good. For the average growing, it will do fine. But if you truly love your plants, you'll go for the specific spectrum. Making them the 100% awesome they could be. Using a magnifying glass during the last few weeks of budding. Watching the THC crystals until they're juuuuuust right.

Or I'm just stating what my buddy used to do....

Your friend probably has a latent mental illness that's fine, so long as he doesn't do drugs. Speed and weed/psychedelics are a nono for those kinda people

new marihuana strains have 420% THC and are crossed with strichnine which will instantly kill you if you inject too much. Listen to your doctor OP.

And also, I forgot: if it was laced with lsd, how comes I reacted as normal weed? I should have reacted as it was laced with lsd. i think laced with nothing.. idk

cmh, is metal halide, with ceramic in the bulb build, it runs much cooler and full spectrum from 3000-4200k but its lumen is around 110000 like an hps. The difference is that it only runs on 315w instead of the 1kw that an hps takes to run the same amount of lumens.

COB is a type of led, they are 100w each, but people run them around 60% power for better effeciency. They run cool themselves, only the drivers need to be cooled, which can be done with a computer fan.

The true watt to these is equal to that of HID and CMH, but they run cooler and full spectrum as well. Technically they are led, but they far outperform standard blurple pannels that were pupular for a while. There are only a few mass manufacturers of these, and the same type of system you could build yourself for around $400 (equivelant to around 600w hps) would be around $1200 premanufactured.

COB is likely where the future of growing is going to be, but for the money CMH is currently top dog.

I'm telling you man, there is no optimizing any more. You either use the best possible light (315w Philips GreenPower CDM) or Cree cxb3590.

ya a lot of people don't realize drugs dont just cause mental illness, they can catalyze it though. Of course someone who is internally crazy but has their shit together in the moment might loose it with some chemical alteration.

/thread

And I'm telling you, that person who loves their plants more than their children, will go out of their way to make sure their grow is 100%.

I doubt the majority do it. Only those that are truly dedicated in their love of weed will go that extra mile.
And from my perspective, it's worth it. Because holy fuck, his weed was the best I've ever had.

That's what they said at the hospital, we had that madness inside, weed just triggered it. I guess there is no way to know if a person can smoke or is one of those people

cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=MAU5 Cree

timbergrowlights.com/grow-light-kits/cree-cxb3590-kits/

Good COB kits.

Studies show that the raise of THC in marijuana, have lower other active ingredients. Which seem to counter the paranoid affects of THC.

Not sure if that is a good or bad, because (i forget the name of ingredient) is being studied for it's effects of helping schizophrenia.

source? fucking look it up. I did.

idk man I've met some fucking stupid as rocks growers that grew some seriously dank shit, I don't think getting obsessive over this shit helps at all. Its just experience and practicality, knowing how the plant is going to respond to certain things in certain conditions just based off of personal experience.

And I'm still telling you, there are no lights that are better than CDMs. You can "optimize" all you want, but there is nothing better than the CDMs.

You'll still need good genetics, but you can easily find them these days. RB26's GG#4 has been tested in multiple labs at 33%.

.. they're called CMH, because they are ceramic metal halide bulbs

CDM is philips naming for the specific bulb you've bought

CMH now refers to the older type, such as the "retro white". The modern "CMHs" are called CDMs.

well of course it would, but its not like most strains are sativa dominant. Most strains these days are hybrids and there is growing demand for CBD heavy strains which would be laden with other cannabinoids besides THC/be genetically free from disposition towards it. That just sounds like hysteric reporting, from an outside perspective raising some strains THC potential through selective breeding I guess might seem bad if THC is a boogeyman to you but the exact same thing is going on with other strains to produce the total opposite of this. Hell nowadays you can just get pure CBD/really any cannabinoid you like and drip terpenes on it. Don't like THC? You live in 2017, no reason to.

I'll use breaking bad as a reference. Because I think it applies here.

Walt's meth wasn't THAT much more pure than the competitor. Something like 1-2% better. But that 1-2% put it over the top.
That's what my buddies weed was. That extra "holy fucking balls I'm tripping balls so hard I don't know what to do with my balls!"

lol that is total bullshit. Either you're talking bollocks (the likely answer) or you weren't smoking weed.

Pic related. It's your friend

I'm sure it is.

sorry it took so long to get back to you. had to put down the blunt.

Just because I smoke don't mean I don't read.

>paranoia maybe?

10%? You don't know shit about weed. Its closer to 3% in the seventies. Try knowing what you're talking about before you post.

We already covered this, friendo. Keep reading the reply chain and sperg less.

/Thread

Everyone knows "that guy"... I'm that guy in my city. Just taking a break because I got arrested a few weeks back. I got greedy with my plants and my scrubbers couldn't keep up. Even the mason jars were giving off smell. I have to thank US breeders for that, never have I had such loud genetics before (GG#4 x Wookie #15, OGKB 2.0 x GG#4, Cherry Pie x Face Off OG)

.. no... they're not

lightingsupply.com/philips-cdm-mastercolor-ceramic-metal-halide-bulb.aspx

Literally anywhere you look, they are still ceramic metal halide setups, bulbs, everything. CDM is the 1 single bulb line from philips

All the other bulbs are just copies of the Philips CDM. Literally identical, just not as quality controlled.

Give California Orange a try when you get back into it.

It's theorized that it's the OG in OG Kush. Which makes sense to me, because OG Kush vaguely reminds me of Cali Orange.

I really wish it was bullshit, really. But it isn't. And it was weed. Instead, tell me why you are so sure this can't happen (not provoking, I really want to know)

that doesn't mean it changes the definition and name of the style of lighting.

its still ceramic metal halide.

on philips own fucking site its cmh

lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps/ceramic-metal-halide/

nowhere on their site is there a CDM style of light, at all

lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps

have a look.

you are mistaken, CDM is nothing more than a product description internally at the company

best post in this retard tier thread

>he thinks a strain from the kashmere region of the middle east has anything to do with a sative from california

nah

Kush, is sand nigger weed.
There are hundreds of Kush varieties.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that California Orange wouldn't have been blended with one of these Kush strains?

Well, I have to admit I go by what it says on the bulbs package. Still, I think we both agree that the 315w CMH is the best there is.

I had (cops took em) two Lights Interaction D-Papillon fixtures.

so what actually is AK-47 a cross of?

because they are from completely different regions, like, opposite ends of the globe.

California orange was a storied strain from the 80's and 90's which is more or less non existant now.

To say that a strain which didn't make it to the states (indica/kush) until 91 when kushman started fucking with the phenotype and made the cover of time magazine is kind of far reaching

I full agree, I fully agreed the whole time. I am just trying to explain, that the next time you are into it, you are buying lights, you are looking for cmh. HTG has a set for like $400 bulb and all.

.... You are slow, aren't you?

You realize, that people grow Kush in North America too, right?
And I never claimed that this was an original strain from back before recorded history....

Seriously, put the pipe down. Take a break. Your brain is fried.

My doctor said she doesn't care about weed but maybe I should try edibles or vaping because any smoke is bad for your lungs, I live in a hick ass town in Indiana too, my doctor is pretty based if you ask me.

get a decent desktop vape (not a volcano). I honestly haven't seen any conclusive evidence that smoking weed is bad for you, definitely irritates your lungs though/I personally dont smoke. Still though kind of interesting I cant find really anything negative about it long term wise, if anything it seems people who smoke have healthier lungs. THC is an expectorant though so maybe that has something to do with it.