Is it possible to not listen to music

is it possible to not listen to music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

deaf people seem to manage

and so do metal fans

Yes. If you get depressed enough then not even music can put you at ease so you just stop listening to anything. Even if there's music playing, you tune it out.

Damn

go back to your crystal castles and kendrick llamar shitposting then hipster faggot

i only like one crystal castles song and it's not because of crystal castles

youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ

also kendrick fell off after GKMC, not worth posting about anymore

die

>die

>Fell off after GKMC
What fucking planet do you actually live on?

I knew somebody who never listened to music.
He said he'd play recordings of train stations or rain if he needed to drown out noise.

Some people react to this with "how is that possible, music is like, my life" but now that I think about it I never watch movies or television. So it's not that weird.

one with higher standards for music than you i guess

Alright, I'm curious, what makes TPAB and Untitled Unmastered so significantly worse than GKMC?

I get the shirt is MPP, the wall is NLDW and the head is ITAOTS.

What is the jacket?

I always assumed it was just a jacket

he lost any sort of message/ran out of things to say, most of the songs are just... pointless really, same as on DAMN, once they're over there's nothing that makes you want to replay them (i can barely even remember any track titles off TBAP). kendrick's strength is in his storytelling not boring attempts at braggadocio raps where he unconvincingly tries to say he's "the number one rapper in the world" and '"i love myself". his lyrics and rapping on section 80, GKMC and even select tracks off overly dedicated (like ignorance is bliss) blow anything on butterfly out of the water

plus the beats are just watered down flylo/thundercat material that he doesn't fit well with at all, it's a low-energy album. if he had gotten killed in a drive-by after GKMC he'd be a legend but he's tarnished his discography over and over again since then

I'd agree that on Damn he doesn't really have anything more to say, but I think a bunch of tracks on TPAB have some interesting commentary to make.

Wesley's theory provides an insight into the problems facing a young uneducated but recently successful artist, These Walls, while mostly a song about getting a nut I won't deny, actually has far more depth when the final verse is considered. U shows us Kendrick's own personal problems he now has due to fame and influence.

I would go on but I CBA, I'd disagree that Kendrick doesn't fit with Flylo and Thundercat (I think that's more up to personal preference). I certainly disagree that it's watered down, I think in a lot of places Kendrick unapologetically avoided making many of the tracks bangers like on GKMC, but that's not to say there isn't a lot of passion there. Maybe you just prefer more punchy and direct songs from Kendrick.

if you're into it good on you keep enjoying it, i just never would have imagined that after he put out two of my favourite hip-hop albums ever that he'd put out 3 in a row that i've never wanted to hear again

by watered down i meant the beats sound like b-sides from a thundercat or flylo album, i'm not even a big fan of either of them but if i was pressed to name their best production work it would be on their own albums

Fair enough, I do agree that Flylo and Thundercat perform far better on their own solo stuff but I suppose a compromise had to be made to accommodate Kendrick.

but deaf people can hear music in their mind

even if you're born deaf?

you're geniunely retarded if you think its braggadocio rap on DAMN., listen to the lyrics on FEAR for example. Honestly, any song on the album works though

FEAR was the closest thing to a track I'd want to keep because it's the most similar to something off section 80, but it falls flat compared to anything on there

on DAMN the biggest problem is the production/beats and overall style. BLOOD is literally filler, the first half of DNA is a waste of time and the second half is ruined by some stupid soundclip being repeated excessively. XXX is ruined by a random out of place siren that sounds like someone playing around with ableton for the first time. there's literally soundcloud rappers making better beats. and what's with the features, did no one want to be associated with this except rihanna? i nearly felt embarrassed listening to this because of how far he's dropped off, some tracks i couldn't even bring myself to finish and had to start skipping forward (LUST, LOVE, GOD) to see if they started getting any better (they didn't)