Suicide

Do people actually like this daft tripe? All it is is directionless noise with the occasional outdated synth riff and god awful whimpering vocals flaunting libtard ideologies.
I mean, this HAS to be a fucking meme album nu-males from chart threads only PRETEND to like simply for hipster cred, right?

:( wish i could be 14 and on Sup Forums again back when i thought i knew everything, if u are not 14 then i am really embarrsed for u bb

wow nice opinion u have there

>libtard ideologies
never saw this as a political album, but it might just be you reaching hard
it's shit though. might have been ahead of its time or something but the only things it predicted are Crystal Castles and Blood on the Dancefloor so whatever

All those words to say "I'm a pleb"

And those words to say "This board is my safe space"

Fuck off, it may be dated now but if you can't appreciate it for what it was doing at the time then you're a massive pleb

>libtard ideologies
If you actually listened to the album, you'd that this isn't a "libtard" album.

*you'd know

there's nothing wrong with "safe spaces" it's just an extension of your natural desire to belong to a certain in-group

Kill yourself.

Then, at the very least, go listen to 23 Minutes in Brussels or their Second album somewhere in-between drinking the Kool-Aid, moving onto another album recc, and making charts or pasting your taste. Foolish of me to say such a thing because I'm throwing bland stereotypes.

lol what?

You sound triggered.

>has an anti-Che Guevara song
>libtard
what?

epic reddit trole

haha death grip kendrick swans best music :D *farts* fantano!! ha

>if you're a leftist you have to worship a homophobic militant tyrant

Plus all the other songs are about workers being abused in an industrial society

There's only ONE political song on the album and that song says that Che Guevara isn't the saint that the media make him out to be. It sounds like you didn't listen to the album and assumed it's a libtard album because one of the song is called Che.

>all the other songs are about workers being abused in an industrial society
Please explain to me how Cheree, Girl and Johnny are about workers being abused in an industrial society.

>Plus all the other songs are about workers being abused in an industrial society
And? Do you think right-wing people support explotation or what?

Also, this:

explain the difference between Suicide and, say, Government Plates
Kendrick's stuff is a lot more musical than this album, which is not saying much but you've gotta admit

Yes? The entire framework for Marxism is the working class rising against the bourgeoisie who enslave and mistreat workers. The whole meme about leftists being freeloaders is American agitprop - it's all about owning the means of production.

Wrong.

>visits Sup Forums once

Even Bruce Springsteen loves Suicide you fucking pleb

the album's only overt political statement is against a widely praised Marxist

also
>America, America is killing its youth
>1977
>coming out of hippie leftist cultural bonanza
>democrat president

>Yes?
Stopped reading right there. If you actually believe that the right-wing supports explotation you're an idiot.

capitalism is pure ideology and exploitation
suicide invented synth punk along with the Screamers. it's atmospheric, it says a lot about it's time. it's a work of art that has something to say. a lot of 80's bands ripped off Alan Vega's delivery. Death grips is simply artistically irrelevant. It's for teenagers, it's p-zombie music. Empty. Will not be remembered, will influence nobody. Industrial hip hop isn't a thing, it's not industrial it's just pop rap with a few abrasive noises. Not innovative like Suicide was.

Yeah, capitalism sure loves those factory workers slaving away for scraps!

I'm sure you think Hillary is left wing too

I'm sorry you can't read the subtext of Frankie teardrop to realize it's about the abuse of the proletariat. Why am I even giving time explaining obvious art to mouthbreathers like you?

Who the fuck remembers that Asian dude who was hype 2 years ago who was basicaly doing like uh um uh sorta kinda a variation of the ummm well the uh sound of the record (ig?) from uh Sui.. suicide. You know, it's uh, like , um. It's the one. The one with the dripping... like... blood on the front.. the cover of it. Album cover

The guy was asian. It sounds like, and I mean like it definitely kinda had this absolute sort of sound similarity to it, a sort of sound that was almost in line with the same sort of sound that is on the album by the band (gourp? (*Group I mean)) or I guess you could call it a project right do you tihnk? Because it was two guys or one guy I mean people. Anybody know?

Suicide are more innovative than Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar.

>pure ideology
>comparison between artists almost entirely based on their status among Sup Forums self-proclaimed "patricians"

Who is Kendrick Lamar? Neat name

Good review, the more memes you put into it the more intelligent you seem.

>I'm sure you think Hillary is left wing too
I don't.

>conservatives and libertarians want less regulations on business
>without laws and regulations greed takes over and the rich systematically abuse its workers because they know nothing will happen

why is it a hard idea to process your notions are romanticized that people would not be greedy and abusive with no repercussions? It's a Stanford prison experiment situation

that doesn't make them good, no one in the real world cares about your dry pseudo-historian musical narrative

So innovation is irrelevant? Only popular artists matter?

mmmmm yes my fellow POLACKn these fucken libtards and their fuckin KEK MUSIC fellow WHITE (master race and red pill)
yes fuck these NU MALES and their fucking black cuck music

DEUS VULT FELLOW COMRADE

t. plebeian who listens to trap and other pitchfork garbage

He seems like a pop rap loving redditor given his defending of death grips and Kendrick, so he's not worth arguing. He lost too much oxygen at birth.

mmmmmmm yES PRAISE KEK COMRADE!!

Why aren't they good?

>So innovation is irrelevant?
stuff like suicide is "interesting" at best, a curiosity in terms of its times and scene and yada yada wanna be critic ideology, but no it's not anything more than that
>Only popular artists matter?
i didn't even imply anything like that, unless you think unknown = innovative, in which case go to local shows more often

>the only things it predicted are Crystal Castles and Blood on the Dancefloor
Wrong, it predicted a ton of industrial music.

>According to lead singer Alan Vega, the song was inspired by a similar, real world story he read in a newspaper. The lyrics have also been stated as being improvised by Vega while recording
>ALAN VEGA: Things have changed. There isn’t a Frankie around today, I don’t think. There isn’t a factory worker like Frankie around so much today.
i guess the proletariat doesn't exist anymore?

It has changed with its time. The United States exported hard factory labor to nonwhites.

why are they good?
no discernible talent, practically nonexistent songwriting, there's just nothing to their music at all except that they were likely the first to release something primitive like that on record, and are open to wannabe critics reading concepts into it which is just muh narrative

>stuff like suicide is "interesting" at best, a curiosity in terms of its times and scene and yada yada wanna be critic ideology, but no it's not anything more than that
They were unlike any other band of the time and they've had a big influence on tons of synth-oriented bands.

>why are they good?
Burden of proof is on you if you want to go against the entire critical community
>no discernible talent
Nice memecriticism
>practically nonexistent songwriting
Nice baseless assertion

post your top 5 so I can laugh

P L E B
L
E
B

Dream pop, industrial, no wave, and a lot of 00's noise pop like XIU XIU would not exist without suicide

there's no other minimal synth record like suicide

the vocals are excellent and the trembling, nervous synth programming is one of a kind with a great, clastrophobic effect

He's right you know. That album is a straight up meme pleb poser filter. If someone says they liked the album, you're obligated to not take their opinion seriously.

all jokes aside you'd have to be a literal retard to see this as a leftist political album