Chicago Cubs thread

How fucked are the Cubs?

if they lose tonight

its over

you can't escape it cusb

it's basically over for them, they couldn't solve the bullpen at home and they have to face kluber tomorrow

very

THEY DIDNT EVEN NEED MILLER

>lose the series by getting swept at Wrigley

It's happening, isn't it

It was a close game. They only lost by 1 point and are only down 1 game. Anyone thinking this the end of the world is over reacting.

2-1 trailing in the series.
Its where panic sets in and managers do the weirdest shit.
If its a close game tomorrow
>Chapman in the 7th or 8th
>Fat Fuck Kyle pinch hitting very early
>starts like Arrieta and Lester pitching in the 5th

If that happens, here's to another 100 years

>facing kluber on short rest tomorrow

ok bro. they had to win this game and they're fucked for the rest of the series. they didn't even need miller to pitch more than 2 innings

Fuck the Cubs. I live in Arizona. Literally everything wrong with this state is caused by people from Illinois or their descendants

Does anybody know how many times they were shut out in the regular season?

Post governments that were around last time the Cubs won the world series. I'll start.

Qing Dynasty

Indians are tthe luckiest fucking team of all time i swear to fucking god. This shit DOES NOT HAPPEN

>Indians are tthe luckiest fucking team of all time
Literally never been said by anyone ever before

>DOES NOT HAPPEN

but did it slip

Nazi Germany

>Nazis
>Around in 1909

Look at what the liberals have done to the American education system.

It was over when the Cubs started Arrieta in game 2.

facing Klubot up to three times, while the Tribe faces Arrieta only twice, is what kills the Cubs chances.

>indians are the luckiest team of all time, i swear to fucking god

are you unfamiliar with cleveland baseball history?

This

6 times

4th time in the postseason

They weren't even born yet

Sorry too drunk to read.

German Empire

Keeping up with the EU4 stuff and the extent of my knowledge of history:

Ottoman Empire

TFW soler could have tied the game if he ran hard

TFW this loss is all soler's fault

TFW soler is the reason the cubs lost

TFW soler should have turned on the jets out of the box

TFW soler cost cubs the WS

>there are people that think the Cubs won't win the World Series

What kind of world do we live in?

KINGDOM of Yugoslavia

>boiling down 3 hours of mistakes into 1 scapegoat
i thought they'd clean up once they went to wrigley field... guess not

It'll still be hard no doubt but they got fucked pretty bad by not winning this game. Hitters played like garbage, the hitters that was scorching this league.

>this
They're done. This Indians team is the single worst team to make the series since the Rockies in 2007. They may be in the bottom 5 in the history of the Series in terms of talent. They have 1 good starter, 1 good reliever, and 1 good hitter. And the Cubs still can't beat them.

please lose 2 more by shutout
please cubs, do it for the laughs

Is he /Our Guy/?

See, I don't think bringing kluber in on 3 days rest is the right play given they're up 2-1. If they were up 3-0 or down 1-2 you bring him on sure.
But in this situation I think it's better to give him a 4th day of rest to make sure game 5 is a winner and trust the rest of the staff.

Running kluber for 1/4/7 seems like an unnecessary risk at this point.

Fuck off Mest, as least we won a game

>This Indians team is the single worst team to make the series
When they beat the cubs wouldn't that make them the second worst team to make the series

Kluber might have to pitch two more times in the series. It's going to happen.

who whysox here

>tfw you're forever cursed because of a fucking goat

The Russian Empire

Common sense on Sup Forums? Get the fuck outta here

>this damage control

desu bill murray's performance tonight may have cursed you another 10 years

No. This Cubs team is flat out better at every position except for the 3 players I mentioned. The team is better. They're playing like shit when just below average for them would be good enough to win.

Francona's probably counting on taking the lead and going to the bullpen as soon as possible.

That shit show was atrocious.

This is why nobody likes Cubs fans.

>Typical Cusb fan
It's fucking funny that your team is winning. Clearly, you guys can't beat the fucking Indians. Which is the worst team to come by in the World Series.

Czarist Russia

U.S. occupation of Cuba

The Emirate of Jabal Shammar

Leave Drunk Bill Murray alone!

>Running kluber for 1/4/7 seems like an unnecessary risk at this point
And if the Cubs somehow manage to make it to game 7 and Kluber is unavailable for the Indians, Francona will get ripped for not starting him in game 4. Might as well go for it.

Yeah, excellent pitching never wins playoff games lol

If it were that common I wouldn't be the first Tribefag to have said so.

It took them until the 7th to get the lead tonight. Kluber going 7 means he'll be in no shape to pitch game 7 in any meaningful capacity, whereas pitching game 5 means he could come in for reliever work in game 7 like Kershaw in game 5 of the NLDS

I don't disagree, specially given how terrible hitting has been overall. I'd take him out after 5 if I can get a two run lead.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT RIOTS IN WRIGLEYVILLE

2 INDIANS FANS KILLED

CHICAGO PD BROUGHT OUT RIOT GEAR, HORSE COPS STAMPEDING THROUGH THE CROWSS

GOVERNOR OF ILLINOIS HAS DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY, AUTHORIZED THE NATIONAL GUARD TO USE DEADLY FORCE

WILL CHICAGO EVER RECOVER?

Name one thing I said that was even close to inaccurate
>protip: you can't

This exact scenario is why IL will go red this year. People will be scared to get out even after a week.

This is why nobody likes Sup Forums

k.

>being a trumpkin

All caps means it's true

>mfw Chicago sinks into Lake Michigan and nobody cares

better than a shill

Now this is shitposting

Outside of having a couple games handed to them by umpball last series, these cubs have been beyond shit this postseason
arent they batting like .100

>excellent pitching

the strawman is calling

I don't foresse Kluber being available for game 7 regardless. Better to get a quality outing in game 5 than a mediocre one game 4.

A 2-run lead for either side is going to be a tall ask, I think.

I'd rather live at the bottom of Lake Mich than in fucking St. Louis

>can't back up argument
>just say user is shitposting
Next step is to call me gay, right?

>1 good starter
Tomlin shut your asses down tonight
>1 good reliever
Miller, Otero, Allen and Shaw all destroyed teams this year. Oh and now Salazar is relieving. Oh and Clevinger. And Manship.
>1 good hitter
Kip, Lindor and Ram killing it. Crisp and his steel balls.

You think its a bad team because its Cleveland. Look again.

At the bottom where all the shit collects?

the cubs will never recover from this

they let their fans at home down, the first game at wrigley in the WS in like 100 years

now there is doubt

and they cant win the series in chicago.

Meant to reference

Fuck. Did it again.
You know who I'm talking to

Yes. I would rather live in a literal pile of shit than St.Louis

I don't live in that shithole either. Midwestern Cities are terrible. The Midwest is for rural or town living, go to the coasts if you want shitty city life

1st game at Wrigley since 1945, but yeah, agree plus they have mortgaged their future away and have something like 6 free agents after this season. This was a one and done run.

Kluber wasn't that bad on shirt resr against the Jays. He didn't even hit 90 pitches in game 1. He routinely throws 120 or more in a game. I think he'd be good. Plus the Cubs don't know how a 2 seamer moves.

>mfw Indians win WS and the fans burn DA LAND to the ground.
Warriors fans celebrate because the Cavs are no longer able to defend championship.

You really are from Chicongo

>and they can't win the series in chicago
That was horribly unlikely to begin with, desu. Truth be told the AL home field probably benefits the cubes more than the indians because of Schwarber as DH.

Do other cities burn and pillage when they win? I though that was just an LA thing

Daily reminder that Joe Maddon and Coco Crisp are bitter enemies and will go to any lengths to destroy each other.

>2008 season
On June 4, Crisp was the center of controversy in a game against the Tampa Bay Rays. While Crisp was trying to steal second base in the bottom of the sixth inning, Rays shortstop Jason Bartlett placed his knee in front of the bag in an attempt to prevent Crisp from stealing the base.[9] Crisp stole the base, but was not happy with this. On base again in the bottom of the eighth inning, he attempted another steal, this time taking out second baseman Akinori Iwamura on a hard slide. His slide was controversial and catalyzed the "payback pitch" the following game. During a pitching change in that inning, Rays manager Joe Maddon and Crisp argued, with Crisp in the dugout and Maddon on the pitching mound.

this doesn't surprise me. All of the kids too dumb to go to a college in Illinois end up going to school in Arizona

>and who are you
>the Bartman said

Wait do both teams have to use their Pitchers as batters in the WS? Or do both teams assign a DH like in the AL? How does this work?

How to be a Cubs hitter

1. Take EVERYTHING down the middle
2. ???
3. Swing at EVERYTHING in the dirt and not even close to home plate

Can't wait to see Kluber throw a perfect game in Game 4

But we had a huge ass parade and it went really well, user.

This guy still ruled the Congo

Did you notice in the postgame interview when they asked him about Coco and he acted like he didn't know who he was? How bitter can you be kek

I'm from Cleveland you dumb fuck. I have watched this team for 30 years. You're confusing getting a great start with being a great pitcher. Miller is a stud, the rest are average. Salazar isn't a reliever, so you can kill yourself. He's relegated to that position and isn't proven in that role. And please tell me you aren't telling me Kipnis is killing it right now. He's barely making contact.
> 7/10 bait, I nibbled

He's so based

Sox fan here

Fuck the Cubs. I mean, I don't hate their team or franchise. Just love to see the lovable loser fanbase crash and burn

But on the other hand I do feel I should root for them. I was only 15 when the Sox won the world series in 2005 and social media didn't really exist. Was all of Chicago just as excited when the Sox played?