Eagrán an Ríocht Míle Bhliain

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People who are fluent as Gaeilge are more Irish than people who are not

trathnóna mhaith

gan amhras ar bith

Ar ndóigh.

How come so many people who got D's in LC Gaeilge feel the need to cover for it by being militantly anti-Irish?

Who do they think they're fooling, lads?

How come so many people who got A's in LC Gaeilge feel the need to boast for it by being militantly pro-Irish?

Who do they think they're fooling, lads?

>How come so many people who got A's in LC Gaeilge feel the need to boast for it by being militantly pro-Irish?
What's wrong with being proud of your ability to learn our native tongue? Unlike the lads who are ardently anti-Irish, at least people who can speak the language aren't compensating for their academic failures.

As long as you don't become one of those pricks who pretends that they can't speak English and throw a fit any time there isn't an Irish option on an ATM, I don't see the problem.

>taking pleasure in something you're good at
>becoming enraged by something you're bad at
Yeah, these are completely the same.

I still have no idea who this is meant to me mocking - skangers, lefties, the IRA?

Ur mother she's a fucking slapper ahahha

(This post and the othe post are just for laughs and fun don't worry)

Have you lads seen swissyank namefagging in /éire/pol? Posts the same memes, with the same underage demeanour and then vehemently denies anything related to his previous behaviour

Sad!

Hey, if he's over there that means he's not here. Notice how he wasn't shitting up the thread last night. Net win in my opinion.

Would rather have him than you

Why? I'm a good boy.

well it might lead to posters there growing tired of him leading to a re-migration of posters to this board

>taking pleasure in an ability at something that's useless
>becoming enraged because it's useless

these are the completely the same things

Is that a good or bad thing?

>becoming enraged because it's useless
But this was never mentioned or alluded to in any of the previous posts. Most people I know who are fluent in Irish are just happy to be able to speak the language because they consider it culturally important - they don't care that it's practically useless.

Don't be bitter just because you weren't able to learn a language after 12-13 years of being taught it on an almost daily basis. Sure, the way it's taught in most schools is shite, but repetition alone should have got you to a decent level of competency in the language.

Except this is a fabrication. Gaeilgeoirí just speak Irish and mind their own business, whereas unhappy and embittered recipients of a D3 in Pass Irish shout about how awful Irish is, that it shouldn't be an LC subject and Cromwell should have wiped us all out until they're red in the face. You're just proving this point.

>Gaeilgeoirí just speak Irish and mind their own business
Well, the vast majority do. There are always a few pricks bitching about Luas signs not having Irish translations and ATMs having no Irish option. Let's not pretend for a second that Gaelgeoirí don't have pricks in their midst, just like any subset of Irish society. Thankfully they are small in number, but they do occasionally give Irish-speakers a bad name.

Yeah, some Gaeilgeoirí are snobby, without doubt. The anti-Irish crowd are uniformly wankers, though. The ambivalent-to-Irish crowd are the only ones completely pure in this regard.

Thinking about getting a fishing license for this summer

>You're just proving this point.
ah yes, let's just bring up the topic out of nowhere

kek and m8 (^;

>frantically linking the same post five times
>lol why us so mad, m8?! XD

awful attempt at damage control

>not stealing the fish

Imagine being Irish and not being able to understand the native language of the island. Admittedly my ability to speak Irish has declined significantly since I left secondary school, but I can still understand 90% of spoken and written Irish. You would have to have been actively resisting learning the language in school not have at least picked up the basics.

*unsubscribes*

Christ this thread is awful. Makes me sick looking at it.

I'm just going to stop posting, even jusr looking at the thread till the autistic anime retards fuck off. They have completely ruined this place, along with others.

/eire/pol is same shit, swiss yank and namefags ruined that place.

>trying this hard to act like I'm the one who's upset

>have been actively resisting learning the language in school not have at least picked up the basics.
Or be a moron.

Est-ce que tu as etudié Francais a la fac, au fait?

don't need to try ( :

The self righteous elitist frog cunt is the worst poster to have ever graced these threads and I've been posting here since the beginning.

>would have to have been actively resisting learning the language in school not have at least picked up the basics
Depends on what you definition of "the basics" is.

Angrylad pls.

>Or be a moron.
That was the implication.

>Est-ce que tu as etudié Francais a la fac, au fait?
Non. Donc je ne parle pas couramment, mais je m'améliore.

You relax

I stll find there should be something like Gaelige fridays
>je m'améliore
C'est la seule chose qui compte
>not catching your fish like a bear

Who would win in a fist fight, a Irish or a Scot

>C'est la seule chose qui compte
Oui. Mais c'est souvent difficile parce que je travaille dans un bureau où presque tout le monde parle anglais couramment.

Not a fan of the frogspeak lads

>in France
>tout le monde parle anglais couramment
Don't work with frogs then do you?

What will be the likely fall out from the Tuam revelations?

Are we going to see a massive investigation of a similar sites or will this, like previous "scandals", be swept under the rug?

Legalised abortion.

Stop speaking foreign languages. This is an Irish general, we speak English here.

No chance. I believe that if the 8th was to be put to vote it would be a resounding no.

More investigations leading to more bodies being found.

Chances of a future crusade will dwindle even further. No DEUS VULT

Put it to a vote then, I'd love to see lefties get btfo.

Polls would suggest otherwise. 16% against repeal.

I found it highly coincidental new media interest heightened about it at the time of the repeal debates

>Don't work with frogs then do you?
About 80% of my department are native French, and of those the majority of them speak English to a very high standard (because it's a requirement for the job). Of course, as with almost all French people I've encountered who speak English well, they have lived in an English-speaking country for a period of time in the past.

>What will be the likely fall out from the Tuam revelations?
Increased bitching about the Catholic Church on social media and people twisting the narrative to suit their agenda on various matters (especially abortion).

>No chance. I believe that if the 8th was to be put to vote it would be a resounding no.
That will happen if the option is just repeal the 8th and replace it with nothing, it will be closer if they have conditions attached to it so not everyone can get an abortion. If repeal win a less radical vote they'll push for all out repeal eventually.

DEUS VULT against the usurpers in Rome perhaps?

It would be glorious!!

Have recent events not taught you anything about "polls"

Are yous the same person?? lol!

What poll is that?

>That will happen if the option is just repeal the 8th and replace it with nothing
Considering that nobody is proposing any replacement legislation at the moment, that does look like a probably scenario.

>Are yous the same person?? lol!
Yes, I deleted the first post due to a spelling error.
>Considering that nobody is proposing any replacement legislation at the moment, that does look like a probably scenario.
Hopefully the repeal crowd get overconfident and feel they can win a repeal vote.

the amount of irish people that come over to brum for the paddys parade is mental desu

>They're not sending their best people folks!

>le all polls are wrong meme

>what poll
irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll

Would you lads vote against repeal even if it was only in specific scenarios? Where the mother and baby would die, rape cases, etc

>(((Irish Times)))

>Hopefully the repeal crowd get overconfident and feel they can win a repeal vote.
In such a scenario my fear would be that the Pro-Life campaign failing to capitalise on the lack of replacement legislation and instead getting bogged down in "When life begins" arguments.

>Irish Times poll
Haven't they been notoriously unreliable lately?

ye for a laugh

sounds hilarious mate

I'm in favour of permitting abortion in cases of rape, legitimate danger to the mother's life, and possibly incest. But I wanna see guaranteed legislation enshrining those as the only conditions where abortion is permitted before I will ever vote to repeal the 8th.

I've no problem with the abortion when it comes to rape, risk of death for mother or baby or if the baby is retarded or something like that.

The idea of having a cripple/retard baby terrifies me lads

I'd get a giggle out of it

didn't you say you were moving here like a year ago

I've got quite different experiences with the French and the English language they tend to struggle a lot with it but that might be because most of them that live on the border are lower-class citizens(well I have my own problems with the language with things like allthough instead of although so I shouldn't judge)
Well the investigations might go so far that the Irish start getting angry and crusade out of pure anger
>Allowing people to murder the unborn just to laugh
a true mastermind

was mostly chatting out my arse
will probably do it eventually when my life inevitably goes to shit

>le irish times meme

>been notoriously unreliable lately?
No idea. I'd say their FG leadership and general party poll is in or around what is correct. Few points of variation from the Sunday Times one released today, but the Irish Times one is slightly older.
Didn't see any other polls for abortion.

all of those unborns harbour innocent souls in their purest form just waiting to be absorbed into the demiurge

I've considered adding fetal abnormalities to the list of reasons where I would be okay with abortion, but I consider it to be a very grey area. Where do you draw the as to what abnormalities permit an abortion and what don't?

>I've got quite different experiences with the French and the English language they tend to struggle a lot with it but that might be because most of them that live on the border are lower-class citizens
To be fair, my workplace and home are in middle areas, so I imagine my experience would be skewed somewhat.

well they do have the ancestral sin so that means that they'll go straight to hell

There's already legislation that is in place for that

Clueless cunts you need the opinion of three medical professionals if the woman wants to abort the child or if the child is in danger and if the woman was raped or the mother is in danger

business idea: get the missus to pretend she was raped

What would that achieve?
>pretend

>I've considered adding fetal abnormalities to the list of reasons where I would be okay with abortion

Bit of self interest is influencing that decision I bet

Does anyone buy that we're so low in terms of consanguinity? Being such an insular island surely it would have happened unintentionally, right?

>Philipinos attack a 70 year old Irish nun
Islamic scum

The Church

There are scenarios where the current legislation can come into conflict with the 8th amendment though. I also think the process needs to be reformed so we don't end up with rushed court cases when I woman disputes whether she is entitled to an abortion or not.

>unwanted babies murdered clandestinely by the hundreds over decades
>let's murder hundreds openly by the year

That argument doesn't hold any water seeing as other Catholic countries in mainland Europe have a higher rate than us according to that study

No

>it didn't work in this completely different atmosphere so it obviously has never worked anywhere
It's literally the only explanation

are you ready for the floodgates to open and irish-anglomen to emmigrate in huge numbers once brexit goes to shit?

That's measuring who marries their actual cousins, people who share the same grandparents.

It's modern times.
It's basically "how many Muslims have you brought in to cuck you".

We don't need pakis.

Well the study could just be wrong, for example if it was only taken from people in a larger city instead of some village. The church doesn't give people the knowledge that someone has a similar ancestor 2 generations back

>anglo irish men
No such thing.

>The church doesn't give people the knowledge that someone has a similar ancestor 2 generations back
It does though.
2 generations is your grandparents, you would know that anyway.

>95% of young people in Derry said they plan to leave for a better future
Fucksake why aren't there any jobs here?

>No such thing.
but there a millions of people in the UK entitled to an irish passport sweetie, we're coming x

your economy is built on riots and English bennies

Just checked the studies website, they're counting second cousins and closer as consanguineous, so fair enough. Pretty sure the actual definition is just having a common ancestor, doesn't matter how far back.

Because Northern Ireland has no future if the status quo remains.

>riots
Hardly ever compared to Belfast. Bombscares and house raids are our thing
>English bennies
We need them because there aren't any fucking jobs

What are you a fucking barrister
Stop talking out your hole

Not an argument desu.

At least tell me where I'm factually incorrect. I'll concede that I'm not an expert on the subject, but to the best of my knowledge, what I've said it true.

Entitled yes. English. Born there and bred. Nothing to do with the Irish aside from their parents. A dog born in a barn does not make it a horse.

we're still coming whatever you class us as
>A dog born in a barn does not make it a horse
this is an argument FOR muh heritage you absolute spastic

>we're still coming whatever you class us as
You say this as if a horde is coming.
>A dog born in a barn does not make it a horse
>this is an argument FOR muh heritage you absolute spastic
It's almost as if I'm speaking to a faggot namefag just as bad as the yank, if not worse.