I love this movie, but I still can figure out what this guy did wrong

I love this movie, but I still can figure out what this guy did wrong.

>takes care of his gf's in a harsh and unforgiving world.
>gives water to bums and cripples
>tries to get his women back after they take off with his kid.

How is he a villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drip_irrigation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because he is THE patriachy

and now that hes dead and they have opened up the water nilly willy, the supply will dry up, and everyone will die of dehydration

I never thought about this before. I think I agree
Unless Furiosa has excellent managing / ruling skills, that entire settlements is going to be doomed without proper 'government'.

6/10 Ill reply alright.

>takes care of his gf's in a harsh and unforgiving world.
and does so against their will

In an insanely wasteful inscenation that is not desgned to be as efficient as possible, but to keep them in check.

>tries to get his women back after they take off with his kid.
see 1

You think they would be better off without him. They would be getting raped by crazy people, and would be going hungry and thirsty.

>doing so in a way that's designed to keep them in check

He doesn't need to. They're literally old and crippled, and he has the war boys.
Face it. The guy wasn't a bad person. He was just fuck ugly.

>They're literally old and crippled, and he has the war boys
Where do you think he got them from?

>face it
Face what? Your inability to understand a character from an action movie?

If I upset you, I'm sorry. Maybe someday we'll live in a feminist utopia where the women will waste all the resources. I'm also sure the women would've been perfectly fine outside the walls of immortal joe's home.

Joe was wasting the resources.

>You think they would be better off without him.
They would definitely be better of with competent leader who doesnt have shit for brains. Its not hard to efficiently manage the few resources they have and he still manages to fuck it up. He a bigger retard than the cripples and degenerates. Literally just got lucky.

>You think they would be better off without him. They would be getting raped by crazy people, and would be going hungry and thirsty.

Doesn't matter, it would be their choice.

You know choice? That thing Republicans like you are trying to take away from women at a legislative level? Fortunately for us, white people are becoming a minority and there won't be a Republican in the White House ever again.

>the republicans are everything that's wrong with the world maymay
What's it like seeing the world in black and white?

He was the post apocalyptic Saddam.

he was a white male

Their choice is being raped by Joe or being raped by every freak with a cock. It may have been against their will, but with Joe they lived a better life than 99.99% of the remaining population

Furiosa was competent, but the rest of them were dead weight in terms of being able to do anything useful.

I didn't even say that, my uncle is a Republican. Go away.

> It may have been against their will

And that's the end of the discussion.

That's what he did wrong. See you in the next thread, moron.

t.14 y/o girl

he's not he's one of the few with resources and shelter and he does what he does in order to protect it and his family.

Namecalling? Is that the best you got?

You better put the brakes on that before I make change out of your five dollar ass.

>le republicans are sexist
>racist towards whites
why are you here?

He was far more incompetent than Saddam.

Based leader who brought his people out of the mud by restricting some freedoms, then got killed by outsiders, leaving the people to fend for themselves.
Sounds about right.

To discuss television and film.

kept slaves and was an incompetent warmonger

He seemed really competent actually. He had set up the most functional society we've seen in the series thus far.
You kind of have to have a bit of brutality when you're trying to pull civilization out of anarchy.

his people were on the brink of death and he hoarded resources for a few elite, and destroyed his entire war fleet for a couple of women. he wasn't trying to pull society out of anarchy, he was enjoying it.

If he was competent, why did he lose?

Time and chance make fools of us all.
The best does not always win. The worst does not always lose.
Way of the world.

This is basically my problem with the Empire from Star Wars too. People go on and on about how competent and strong they were, and then they a beaten by a ragtag group of aliens, teddy bears, and dirt farmers.

>a couple of women
Some of the only genetically pure women left in the wasteland. Unless you think its a good idea to repopulate the planet with degenerate, sickly mutants, getting them back was a necessity.

The Empire would have been a utopia if not for the interference of the Sith. In the old EU this is pretty clearly demonstrated by the Fel dynasty.

>and does so against their will

For the sake of the plot. The truth is that considering the harshness of the world they live in, AS WELL AS the fact that they appear to be treated quite well (spacious living arrangements, library, obviously posses luxuries which have become extremely rare) it would be reasonable to assume that many women would kill for that position. I doubt the sex would have been pleasant, but history is full of women who had sex out of necessity (sometimes not even for their own survival).

Women marry for wealth all the time, even today, where they could easily etch out a prosperous and comfortable existence themselves. Is this movie really telling me that these women would abandon their completely comfortable position because they sometimes had sex with someone they didn't find attractive?

He also massacred his own people with the largest chemical weapons attack ever committed.

wasn't only one of them pregnant? and she got killed. they should have all been pregnant when furiosa kidnapped them. he wasn't doing a very good job using them for their supposed intended purpose.

what about all those women he was pumping "mother's milk" out of? they might not've been beautiful but they must be able to breed as well.

>degenerate, sickly mutants
Joe was exactly that.

>People go on and on about how competent and strong they were
I have never, ever seen this.

They had crap genes, like pretty much everyone else. Where do you think the warboys come from?

As for impregnating the wives, Joe is, like them, one of the few people with semi-unmutated genetic material and he's old as hell. Men don't lose their reproductive ability with age the way women do, but there is a significant reduction in the viability of their seed. He was doing what he could.

Joe was sick with radiation.

Why do you think he needed that respirator for? And didn't you notice all the sores and shit he had when they put his armor on?

If so, he wouldn't have been able to father a non-mutated child.
Joe wasn't sickly because he was a mutant. It was because he was old. He's a survivor from before the nuclear war, his genes are fine.

Radiation sickness =/= genetic mutation. Dude probably had cancer.

>In an insanely wasteful inscenation that is not desgned to be as efficient as possible, but to keep them in check.
Right, as opposed to what Furiosa did at the end when she turned on the taps and literally just poured all the water away, that wasn't wasteful at all

It was his first non-mutated child. His other sons were mutants.

>his own people
L M A O
>implying sh*tes are even people

>what is irrigation
It's entirely possible to change the entire environment by using that water.

scientifically demonstrate how

>irrigation is pouring water on the floor

>What is Israel

Agree, the first half of the movie was awesome but the part where the grandmas joined in and Furiosa went all ''don't need no man'' kinda made it drag.

What about Israel?

into mineral deficient and nutrientless sand?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drip_irrigation

i agree. he wasn't a great person, but he was a far better person than any of the previous villains in mad max movies.

Saddam actually shared resources. He was very corrupt, like all Arab leaders with power, but he did the opposite of hoarding oil, food, water, etc. to keep his people desperate but ingratiated like Joe did.

Radiation sickeness = literally your DNA is damaged

The cancer comes from that.

so why did Furiosa dump out the water before installing such a system?

His guys fucked with Max. It wasn't even his mistake, but Max being brought into it was his downfall. And he probably never even knew who he was.

Other than failing to provide the people on the ground even basic infrastructure I think he did nothing wrong.

But it's not like Furiosa cared about them either until going back to the Citadel was her only option. The comics paints the ground people as general degenerates anyway.

There's a difference between drip irrigation and dumping a metric fuckton of water into the ground.
But you got me to reply so I guess you win anyway.

Because she wanted to give the water to the people. It's not a small reservoir.

well its not very smart or resourceful. what happens when people demand the water to be continuously dumped?

>5 seconds at most a day with water on
>women leave the water running like a waterfall (with the same shitty lack of water basin to conserve water)

>hot women let rich arabs shit on them for money in a normal world
>in a post apocalyptic world women get all luxuries paid for by Joe, in return for a little sex

I guess they could have morals and such, but survival instincts would override that I think.

from, presumably, women that werent genetically pure

>women
>management skills

lmao

Joe is the villain because he got in Max's way, simply as that.

You could also make the same argument that Lord Homungous and Auntie Entity were strong leaders that ultimately benefited their subjects given the harsh circumstances of their world.

This is what he was doing to the plants inside his fortress. You think doing this in the middle of the Saharan desert is going to do anything?

Red head was in early pregnancy. They had some line where she tells the old biker woman "He's going to be ugly like his dad" and biker replies "could be a girl."

feminism is selfish in a post apocalyptic world. women shouldn't be having abortions, and becoming lesbians, and striking out on their own in a harsh environment that'll likely kill them when humanity is desperate to regrow the population.

You didn't notice the hanging gardens creating vegetables in the upper floors of Joe's citadel?

Joe was a tyrant. Not a particularly horrible one, but was a dick about the water. Then again, it seems like that horde of fucking bums weren't getting anything done anyway, so maybe keeping them in check was the most he could feasibly do, who knows.

Joe's slaves had quality of life second only to Joe's own. He even had them fucking educated, I mean come the fuck on. They were a bunch of ignorant, entitled brats who were given an opportunity to rebel.

Furiosa is a fucking idiot. She traded a life of esteem and power (which is fucking amazing for a woman in a post-apocalyptic free-for-all) to chase a childhood memory.

Furiosa demonstrates her idiocy again with letting the water run wild. Even if she turned it off and tried to start conservative distribution, the bitter, desperate masses would probably smell weakness and riot for full control. Either way, she'll kill it with mismanagement like the other all-woman tribe killed the green place.

Max went along for the ride because Punished Max had a hard life and enabling these women soothes his aching heart.

So Joe's a dick, maybe or maybe not with reason. Furiosa & whores are all idiots. The citadel's probably fucked. Max leaves a happy c(u)ck before he has to witness it all go to shit.

The real question is if GM wrote it this way intentionally with the shallow muh girl power plot to pass PC inspection. Now that would be kino.

It depends how much water is there.

He wasn't a villain.
It's all summed up when Nux offers to stab Furiosa in the spine so Joe can get revenge and Joe turns Nux down. He's not a villain, he's just trying to get back what was stolen from him.

The whole point is that there are no heros. Furiosa is evil for stealing the breeders. Joe is evil for having breeders. Breeders are evil for abandoning a man that just wanted a healthy son. War boys are evil for capturing Max. The Wretched are evil for not putting the water to better use. Max is evil for helping Furiosa. Everybody is fucking evil to someone else.

Also after the movie ends one of the 5 wives ends up taking over the Citadel, but it's heavily implied that Corpus Colossus is pulling the strings. Also after a while the water stops and the Citadel goes back to basically the same way it was under Joe only with new management, further justifying the way of life that Immortan Joe built for everyone.

This, Joe is a designated villain of the movie, much like in part II and III.

Only in the very first movie Max has a legitimate grievance against the villain to justify going to such extents. In the rest of the movies, his chief motivation is that he gets the shit beaten out of him by the villains' henchmen.

But again, he *is* Mad, so I guess he gets fired up rather easily.

>General masses do nothing but sit in the dirt all day and do nothing
>They don't build
>They don't work
>They don't create
>Joe lifts those willing to fight to survive from the wastes
>Gives them a belief system
>Gives them duties
>He's the villian

POWER TO THE PEOPLE AMIRITE? GOTTA SHARE THE WEALTH.

>middle of the Saharan desert
There are literally swamps not so far away.

its not infinite. face it, furiosa fucked up

Excuse me, Immortan?

Why not simply build a pipeline to gas town and guard it with the war boys rather than send a vulnerable truck that uses gas to transport the gas? If enemy vehicles are your concern, why not simply dig a trench around the pipeline? You have more than enough men for this task. Why do we need bullets from the bullet farm when the bullet farm could just as easily move its production to here at the Citadel? You would not need to transport water to either location if you did this. And why do you have no guards on the door to your treasured wives? If you're worried about their safety, why not have a lock on the door or a combination that only you know? And why did you allow a woman whom you injured and killed her mother to become an Imperator, drive the war rig and get close to the wives in the first place, when she clearly holds a grudge against you? And why choose Valhalla as your mythical afterlife, which has no highways, since Valhalla was invented before vehicles and highways existed? And why do we worship machinery that requires maintenance and upkeep that we would logically eventually run out of replacement parts for, including gasoline? Why do we drive vehicles that use the only resource that apparently gives us power instead of focusing on creating a sustainable ecosystem through farming and animal husbandry? Why do your wives keep asking 'Who killed the world' like it's some kind of deep and interesting question when they themselves offer no insight into the complex inner-workings of the current state of the world itself? Why not simply chop off their feet? You know they will survive, you have blood donors and such.

It can be a huge underground reservoir. Basically groundwater.

>he hoarded resources for a few elite, and destroyed his entire war fleet for a couple of women. he wasn't trying to pull society out of anarchy, he was enjoying it.

This isn't that far from how most modern leaders act.

On the water and general maintenance of the Citadel theme, presumably the Bullet Farm and Gas Town settlements are also fucked once the Citadel inevitably falls?
As far as the wasteland is concerned, while the Citadel may be Joe's stronghold, those towns are the pinnacle of industry and technological advancement. Sure they're only purpose is to manufacture weapons of war to keep Joe in power, but would we have MRI scanners and fucking smartphones without the industrial revolution? Furiosa ruining the Citadel is literally slowing the progress of all mankind.

Or is he mad because he is the only voice of reason in a insane world

He is clearly a villain in the narrative sense. The Mad Max world is completely ridiculous and that's the point. It's not a realistic portrayal of the post-apocalyptic world.

the retarded Australian who made the movie left out the backstory of how he was a pedo soldier
He was trying to make perfect boys so he could fuck them

Furiosa is not ruining anything. She's the hero of the story.

maybe it just was the day they killed immortan as a celebration, then they will start to ration and conserve the water so everybody has his needs covered. immortan liked to waste water a lot, too.

Gas Town and the Bullet Farm both lost their leaders with no one to fill the void.

It'll be a bloody civil war among the remaining soldiers until the towns either cannot properly function or are conquered by a neighboring tribe that notices their weakness.

Gas Town and Bullet Farm had to get new leaders, both the Bullet Farmer and the People Eater died during the chase.

Considering that they too were dicks and probably not all well liked among the population, it's a fair guess that the new administrations would sooner or later set up a new deal with Furiosa to keep in order the status quo.

>ration and conserve

They literally show them helping useless mutants get on the elevator; no doubt letting them eat the food in the citadel despite not working outside of maybe selling scrap.

He wanted a proper heir, which is apparently a crime worthy of death.

D-DELETE THIS

That's assuming there is any kind of administration and not just iron rule like Joe's. There's also no basis for them being disliked by the population, we don't even know what the populations are. In this kind of situation people will often show respect and loyalty to someone who can rule with strength. If that's the case, and they're left leaderless, it'll go like

It is if you kidnap and rape women. Also he was a brutal, selfish dictator poisoning people's minds with his suicidal cult.

Bullet Farmer and the People Eater would be retards if they didn't have a competent second in command to leave behind. In the Citadel, Joe left Corpus Colossus in charge when he left, and had to surrender control because Joe took all the War Boys with him.

>There's also no basis for them being disliked by the population

I seriously doubt the People Eater got his moniker because it sounded funny.

Always bugged me that the method how Immortal distributed the precious water was fucking retarded. Yeah I guess it's theatretical to just open the flood gates but 99% of the water just poured on the ground past peoples pots and pans.

If the water was so exhausted and precious resource that Immortan was right to ration it, why did they distribute it in such a retarded manner that wasted almost all of it. Only explanation is that the reservoir they pulled it from was basically endless and Immortan rationed it for political reasons, to keep his people under control, making Immortal "evil"

it's left open for interpretation, tho.
maybe they manage to prosper, maybe their sjw liberal feminazi tendencies doom their corner of the wasteland.
it's up to you, till the next movie, maybe.

>Immortal
Guy's name is Immortan.

MEDIOCRE.

Sorry, autocorrect fucking me over.

>women shouldn't be sex slaves and breeding cows
>SJW feminazi tendencies

back to /r9k/ with you.

Its pretty simple, Warlords subdue and enslave, Max and the women rebel against their enslavement and pursue freedom.