Why is reddit so fucking obsessed with this show?

Why is reddit so fucking obsessed with this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen
youtube.com/watch?v=eMJk4y9NGvE
youtube.com/watch?v=G4BkGJj5BXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you so obsessed with reddit?

go to Sup Forums and ask them, faggot

I hear you. The annoying thing is, I like the shows, but the way the fanbase goes on about it like it's the greatest television event in history is just so grating. Like tumblrinas with Sherlock.

fpbp

It's garbage. Tried watching a few episodes of the first season, and it's just unwatchable trash. It's even worse if you're not mentally challenged and can see that they pander to leftist SJW political correctness a lot in their narrative

ITT: insercure, underage summerfags

And the art style is atrocious too. I don't get why everyone copies it now. It's even worse than futurama's.

The episode I stopped at was, from vague recollection, some narrative about females running a planet and the planet's society and civilisation. Not only is that stupidly absurd because woman can't do that (albeit I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because they're aliens and not human women), but they consistently shoehorned in garbage rhetoric about women being better than men. I guarantee the people who made this show are nu-male emasculated cuckolds who bend over backwards and take it in the ass from niggers. Absolutely disgusting

Well well well if it isn't reddit

because it's good, I guess

>they pander to leftist SJW political correctness a lot in their narrative
bullshit

Thanks for warning the rest of us of that you're here.

Dr. Who is a major offender of this. And game of thrones to a very minor degree. But Rick and Morty man. I think it's because of children seeing an edgy shoe for the first time, and since it's new, they genuinely think it is the greatest ever, because from their point of view, it is.

And tumble is just retarded.

even the new South Park season had Cartman become a tranny... just why

Haha holy shit. It's pretty funny that you're either complaining about shit you didn't watch, or complaining about shit you didn't understand. I can't quite tell which one it is to be honest.

The only thing remotely pandering in that episode was the wage gap. It must suck to see SJW bogeymen everywhere, user

Sup Forums was always contrarian, but the last few years its been like you're expected to hate popular things others enjoy.
but whats most retarded about this is how much you guys discuss marvel v dc, and all those RETARDED shows like flash arrow but dont see the irony?

You're a fucking idiot. That entire episode was nothing but shitting on women. How you could watch it and come away with it being pro female in any way blows my mind

It was a nice piece of corn in a massive pile of shit. Just a decent show all around with some originality really

Holy shit, you are really bad at watching south park. Might wanna just stick to family guy desu senpai

>they consistently shoehorned in garbage rhetoric about women being better than men
you clearly didn't watch the episode attentively, the women on that planet are shallow and irrational.

you assume it's pro female superiority because it lampoons male superiority, although clearly it criticizes both. same with all the other things sensitive stormfigs like to bring up: they feel offended because their position is insulted and completely ignore that the opposite position is also ridiculed. SJW fag or conservicuck, if you feel triggered by a TV show, just don't watch it.

Dude.....what? That whole episode was about how fucking ridiculous the purely female society was, its pretty much taken from this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen
except for the sexual stuff

OP rekt

So they could lambaste the transgender movement and restroom debacle. If you think they're SJW, you aren't intelligent enough for the show, which is saying quite a bit.

>same with all the other things sensitive stormfigs like to bring up: they feel offended because their position is insulted and completely ignore that the opposite position is also ridiculed. SJW fag or conservicuck, if you feel triggered by a TV show, just don't watch it.
yep

Thsis thread went from zero to sjw pretty fast

this

fuck off retard OP

>The rest of the thread is neither as conservative or as retarded as him
Perhaps another board would suit you more

Your post went from nothing to fucking retarded even faster.

Did you read anything? Fuck off out of your little hatebox or go back to your stormfront containment board, just because a show isn't instantly agreeing with your SJW SJW JEW MASS MEDIA CLETUS GRAB THE PITCHFORK-view doesn't mean it's not well thought-out critic or satire. This thread is about OP and some more retards missing the point, because they couldn't even pierce the first thinnest layer of the satire, debunking it all as SJW and turning off their tv in a fit of rage.

:(

capeshit and got posters are literally reddirs who cant justify posting a new thread every ten seconds

they came here and will never leave /breaking bad shits too

Mostly incorrect, the pile of shit only became noticeable after the show went up its own ass in the second season
There's no fucking way season three won't become too high concept and end up on a flat note without delivering

Is this what happens when you spend too much time on the Internet mommy?

Rick and Morty is a lot like Sonic.

Ok but not great content.
Fucked up fanbase.

Literally inventing reasons to dislike the show.

Should have dropped it the moment the show decided that Morty's grandmother is fucking a nigger and that grandpa is a literal cuckold

Fuck Rick and Morty, that show's shtick became grating and obnoxious by the time season 1 was wrapping up. It's boring trash for kids and manchildren, wake me up in 15 years when the next season of Venture Brothers is finally finished.

OP utterly D E S T R O Y E D

Can someone please explain to me why the show is considered good or funny? I feel like it's some huge fucking joke that I've been left out of. I've tried watching clips that friends who are into the show have sent me, including this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMJk4y9NGvE

Why is this considered funny? It's just crassly made up words, at some points the guy narrating it sounds like he's ad-libbing this shit.

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this show would be 100x better without dan harmon and just going full blown doc and mharti

Don't see how disliking or not understanding this show makes someone new.

yes you are

>Why is reddit so fucking obsessed with this show?
Why is (you) so fucking obsessed with this reddit?

look at all those reddit yous you got

nice job man thats a good haul

he's saying the humor is popular with people like the penguin of doom

How will OP ever recover?

If your friend thought that clip was funny its because they are normies and can still laugh at stupid shit.

The way I explain the show is "its like if Dr. Who was an uncaring asshole". Rick knows there are infinite parallel universes, so nothing fucking matters. He doesn't give a shit, and the show explores the meaningless of existence. How your choices/ideals don't matter, and that life is what you make of it. Plus a whole lot of wacky shit.

first post best post

This show is like rick and morty for hipsters instead of satirizing pulp sci fi they satirize pulp adventure novels same difference.

That is the joke.
The joke is that the entire scene is clearly just totally adlibbed by the voice actor.
It makes more sense in the context of the episode, where basically every single thing on the TV is made up on the spot. People generally thought that episode was bad though, at least compared to the 'original' episode it's a sequel of

made me cum

I dunno, I guess this show just isn't for me. I can't even force myself to get through any episodes.
Thanks for explaining it, guys.

If you can't see the vast difference between the two styles of humor, then this conversation isn't even worth having.

I like Rick and Morty. I think it's funny. The idea of a Back to the Future parody where Doc Brown is psychotic drunk and Morty is an idiotic spazz is hilarious to me, and the different planets they fly to are fun and interesting. Favorite episode was Rick running into his old hivemind gf, Unity, and coming up with all those bizarre sexual scenarios to have her set up for him.

I'm surprised Sup Forums dislikes this show so much.

I think you guys really care far too much about "fanbases" and "reddit," sometimes I feel like it's all you ever really talk about.

I play a game with myself. Go to any post on the front page, scroll down and you will inevitably find a rick and morty reference. I like the show, but there's a fucking limit.

I meant to type Marty there.

You must be new if you're surprised to find out that boards that arn't Sup Forums dislike LOLSORANDUMB humor.

Why don't you ask them? You seem to got here a lot since you know what the like so much.

Are you really surprised Sup Forums dislikes the show?
It is popular after all.

Oh my god delete this right now or I'll kill myself

You must be new if you're surprised to find out that Sup Forums has shit taste

The made up nouns are consonant plosives, which are innately funny, and they sound vaguely vulgar. Plumbus sounds like a portmanteau of "plump," "butt" and "anus." Dinglebop is a portmanteau of "dingle" - referring either to a penis or a fool - and "bop," which suggests an image of a penis or fool bobbing up and down or being struck on the head. Schleem simply sounds like something oozy and viscous.

Combine the inherent silliness of the words with the mundane nature of a "how it's made" documentary, throw in some bizarre visual imagery, describe the use of these made up nouns in otherwise normal sentences, and you have some pretty effective humor.

But I think you've already decided you hate the show, and that's why you can't detect the comedy. Comedy only works when you agree to participate.

Thanks buds

>i saw the show with inter dimensional talking spiders say women could run a planet and i was so triggered i had to shut it off

kek

I like the show but I think the Plumbus sketch is the best example of r&m falling flat on its face

It's almost like the "well TV, what did I think of this show" threads are good satire

Just to be clear, I don't hate the show, I just don't understand why it's considered the funniest thing about right now. Also, the contrived explanation you use for clearing up why the made up words are considered even remotely funny doesn't help. I still don't think they're funny.

never seen the show; didn't make 40 seconds of that.

I love comedy scifi so I love this show.

I can see why people who don't like that combination wouldn't enjoy it, that's coo yo.

It's becoming like the simpsons of comedysci ("Simpsons did it!"), they've taken so many concepts already in 2 seasons.

With this and Futurama it's very difficult to create original sci fi comedy content now.

>Comedy only works when you agree to participate.

Bullshit.

I went to a standup comedian show a while ago and he had a whole section on breast cancer which my mum had. I didn't laugh once because the subject matter isn't funny to me but I still get that there's a joke there and why other find it funny.

That clip just isn't fucking funny unless, presumably, you're stoned

that's because he's shitposting
the joke is that the whole bit is adlibbed and the animators worked around that
i agree with that it's one of their worst sketches

also, it's not the funniest thing. you're going in with way false expectations from your reddit friends. if you want to judge the show, watch it, don't watch decontextualized clips of it. the first few episodes are meh but it gets better from episode 6. still have to watch the first five though. season 2 is really good.

>very difficult to create original sci fi comedy content now
Well with the infinite timelines/realities they literally are capable of creating anything they want and having it work

If you can't identify the comedy in that clip after I identified it for you, then maybe you should schedule an appointment with your mom's oncologist and get checked for brain cancer.

I'm not shitposting. The comedy stems from the nature of the words and the sounds themselves.

>The comedy stems from the nature of the words and the sounds themselves.
no, the comedy stems from the animators working around adlibbed nonsense

>All those 4th wall "wow gud ep amirite guise? Bye, see u next ep ;) guise, right?"
For what purpose? It's not funny nor exciting, it just makes me cringe and they keep doing it

and here's the average Adult Swim fan right here, folks.

VB has more in common with Frasier than with R&M.

>Well well well if it isn't reddit

>>Well well well if it isn't reddit

>>>Well well well if it isn't reddit

this is a better adlibbed animation gag
youtube.com/watch?v=G4BkGJj5BXg

but let's not act as if these were representative of the whole show, those are only excerpts from 2 episodes that also have scripted storylines

Just a reminder guys, when you call something or someone reddit, it means you have no valid criticism.

>>>>Well well well if it isn't reddit

actually, I'm from [s4s] :-)

Spotted the redditor

>>>>>Well well well if it isn't reddit
>>>>Well well well if it isn't reddit

it's black humor for nu-males

It's decently funny, but has more mature themes that seem 'deep' to them, so rather than just being a dumb cartoon they can feel smart about watching it. Same shit with Futurama, Arrested Development, Adventure Time, South Park, Community, and all the other stuff they like. I'm not saying those shows are bad, just overhyped by the hivemind

>arrested development
>overhyped
you are a fucking pleb
reddit likes season 4 of AD, also making them plebs

Did you listen to the intercom? They made fun of women for being petty, and the end of the episode rick jokes about how feminists put their stupid ideology into everything even when it's incorrect. Did you need rick to look at you directly while he fucking said it? Did you need him to wink?

I guess I'd settle for more gross sounding saliva swallowing. Show doesn't have enough of it. The funny sound makes me lol XD

>xd
Just to let everyone know, roiland has admitted to shilling his show here, as well as trolling for negative responses by shitposting against rick and morty as well.

who cares nigguh
it's a good show

Why single me out>

It's a great show, but this fucking board doesn't need more shitposting, baneposting is already the perfected form of shitposting/chaos magic.

Cause its got reddit humour

Okay, I'll bite and give actual criticism of the show.

The jokes are cynicism lite. Most people grow out of finding constant witty cynicism funny. Whenever you see someone in a lower stage of development, it reminds you that you went through that period yourself. This causes embarassment. Nihilism and materialism-as-solution are also lower stages of development. The creators of the show are 36 and 43.