How long does it take to learn coding?

How long does it take to learn coding?

How long until I can make something worth a damn to sell?

What are the odds that I can make some money with it? I have great business skills and I can market.

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/default.asp
codecademy.com/learn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill niggers

bump

the concept makes the deal

I wanna get into coding too, but need the dolla dolla. Probably takes a year to have it all in your head. Some shit is simple like local Faggot = game.players.OP ;
every time you type Faggot it'll represent OP, but you'll zoom past that shit into the harddd shit
Also learn some calc/trig

2 Months - 2 years. Shit I've been programming for 10 years and it feels like I'm still learning.

Depends, crap sells like gold bars sometimes (flappy bird). 2 days - 2 decades

If your in it just to work for yourself and self publish, not high. If you willing to accept a job as a programmer then you can get money.

Overall, no not worth it. Pitch your idea to those who know and have then help you.

Read a book niggers.
Java is for shitkids
C# for microshits
Godlike C for Gods
C++ for people with good taste

I can come up with good concepts. I just need to know how to do it.

I'm not looking to get rich fast but if I can make a nice coding business and make an extra 100k a year, I'll be stoked.

underage faggot

Can't accept a job since I'm in college right now. I just want to start a nice programming business. Do some projects and maybe create some passive income.

if you have "great business skills" you should try youtube, its actually not that hard to be famous making good videos.

agreed except for C
If C++ is a gun, C is a knife

I'm thinking of becoming one of those Tanner Fox/SmurfinWRX style car guys and making car vlogs.

OP what kinda business you want to start?

I dont know much about programming, but i think learning to make a basic website is the fastest way to make money

I'd like to set up a business where I develop software and sell it. A passive income business. I'm in college and I run a rental property company, as well. The real estate company gives me no liquid income because I always use the profits from it to continue paying off the houses and making more. I want some liquid assets.

Re: you want the honest details on how to make the most of it and get the most money? Look up hipaa compliance and learn how to work with everything amazon AWS and RDS. If you work with those two it'll all but guarantee you a job at a hospital or a military contractor(usually). As for apps honestly I've abandoned all hope, therez such a saturation with people, companies, and tools that'll do it for you easily that people don't see the need. *unless the app archives something outside the realm of "normal"

Could try and advertise around town and online as a pro website builder.

whatever floats your goat, as long as you have a good camera/microphone and just decent editing skills without those flashy presentations you should be able to get views rolling fast.

if you have great business skills and can market then you can use those skills to answer your own fucking questions you stupid faggot

Apps are fucked. Too saturated by Indian niggers. I'm thinking selling a software tool online

Would a new gopro work?

The programming bussiness is being taken by people from India and soon it will be taken by AI, like most jobs.

In the past week I've got at least a dozen unsolicited emails telling me that various companies can redo my companies app (that I've made) for free, but the site they insist I use to make it cost them $2000 to make the fucker.

Expected downloads: 50

I need some business ideas for passive income?

You fucks have anything?

I'm 20, by the way.

Just make websites

I fucking lol'd first post best post

"stoner app" reminds you every {minutes set by user} until a text message is replied to regardless of if you've opened in and read it or not. Get this all the time from dudes that cant remember to text people, pair with ads and you could make a little bit of money; plus resume filler.

Apps can't legally access texts, i believe

This

There's a website dedicated to this task without prompting any one language over another-

ProgrammingMotherfucker

Goggle it

I'm thinking all it needs is a simple state reader to tell if it has recieved and if it has sent not exactly the message contents. Thinking in the context of Androids radio stuff; it's been a while.

Essentially there is data and algorithms.

You have input and optionally output.

You can fuck with math with the input,

But the double spaced wacko cool thing

about computers is the processes or the little steps that

YOU can force it to do optionally with data

that makes it so much more than math

that it approaches something amazing

and seems intelligent but it isnt.

>learn coding
>l e a r n c o d i n g

Looks cool, thanks.

Bookmarked for later

programmer fag here
I recommend you start with the easy stuff like html, css and javascript (not to be confused with java) and as you get used to the algorithms you start heading upwards to stuff like C++. as long as you understand the format and how to put things together, it should be pretty simple to learn, just try not to get overwhelmed

This

Thanks man. I've always wanted to do it but I was scared I'd be shit

And C# is a rocket launcher.

You can change the operating system

You can try to hack the operating system enough that maybe you can look at the baseband.

The baseband is the Evil secret shit that talks to the cellular network and passes packets to and from the internet, but deals with the digital radio and such in your cellphone.

If the APP that deals with texts is broken and allows other apps to see texts, they can, but no apps are expected to be allowed to this there is no methods This the apps don't bother looking.

You have to create a hole in the baseband and an app

OR the operating system and also the texting app, and then also create an App that can Do something with this new ability of dealing with texting data.

If you hack the whole phone with a spoopy type of spy thing, chances are it does it via the baseband and something added to it to adjust the spy settings or used to set the initial settings. After the spy software installation the settings can be changed remotely.

The baseband of some much older model Samsungs were discovered to have a means that cellular connections coming inbound had a set of methods to access anything on the device. This of course is Not on any other phone anymore because we don't hear about it anymore so that means it's been corrected. Not.

Honestly, the absolute easiest thing to start with is Visual Basic.

I've found that normies have a super hard time understanding brace bracket syntax. VB is very syntactically "close" to English, which was intentional. Way easier for them to understand.

Here's a good website I'd also recommend if you do want to get started with things like html
w3schools.com/default.asp

How can you get into programming witthout starting from the basics, C and some knowledge about assembly.

Make sure you can wrap your head around the basic concepts and then dive in with something simple, like some basic JavaScript or Visual Basic. Maybe some Python, if you're a giant faggot.

Concepts to make sure you can wrap your head around:
-Logic gates (AND, OR, NOR, XOR, etc)
-Conditionals (if statements, switch cases)
-Loops (for and while loops, a lot of first time programmers have a hard time with these)
-Value assignment vs value comparison

99% of devs will never, ever need to touch C or Assembly, and thank fucking god for that.

Learn with something useful.
Basically, you can break it down like this:
If you want to be a web dev, learn with HTML, CSS, and JS. Maybe a little PHP.
If you want to be a business applications developer, learn with .NET (C#), or Java if you hate yourself. If both of the above, learn some ASP.NET.
If you want to dev embedded systems (any kind of firmware for something), start with C++.
etc

It's about starting somewhere.
After that, for work, you can go on with whatever trendy language like Ruby, Python or Go.

But no matter what you learn, your OS relies on C and assembly. Nobody wants a programmer who doesn't understand what he does. We have cheap Indians fresh of the boat for that

What are the odds that I can make money doing this?

java is only used to make minecraft mods

And for fucks sake, whatever you learn, learn to sanitize your inputs. And it wouldn't kill you to learn some networking either. Just basics like how the TCP stack works, how ports are opened on an OS, how a connection is made, how to encapsulate over ssl, etc. Half my job is explaining to shit indian developers why they can't have plaintext protocols for production systems, or why their shit code is open to SQL Injections.

I make $95k doing this 37.5 hours/week (Canada, pre-tax, average to high salary for location and experience).

I work almost exclusively with C#, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and SQL. If you're really good at like at least two or three of those you will ALWAYS be able to get a job working for some software company making pretty solid money. Always always. You're especially valuable to mid-size companies if you're capable of being a full-stack developer (can do the full end-to-end of some software system, from the database to the GUI).

Ugh, this shit angers me so much, so often.
I've been working about a year a place that has had a guy from Peru there for like 5 years. I've spent so much of my time rewriting his shitty fucking code.

Protecting against SQL injection is even super fucking easy these days. Just parameterize your queries. That's fucking literally all you need to do.

this

codecademy.com/learn
Great resource to learn code.

Long time developer here. "Java is for shitkids". That made me laugh.

You have no idea of anything about software, do you child?

Dumbass.......
C++ and C do not even have a GC.

Fucking Java devs are like the vegans of the programming world.

You and Python script kiddies.

Just klearn html
all pgroamming is html based develope

your mom doesnt have GC
faggot

"develope" ........

html is extremely easy to learn, good place to start if you know nothing about coding, even though it's markup

A knife is more deadly, but less likely to hit unless you,re close up. But a gun is less deadly, but versitile in almost any situation.

I like it.

devilope*

C and C++ are only deadly because of the high suicide rates caused by the words "SEGMENTATION FAULT".

bumping for interest

ohshitwhatnigga

saying "coding" languages are based on HTML is a great way to get bashed in the head with a mechanical keyboard by a bunch of angry nerds

unable to handle the truth

damn dude dont take the bait

html -> assembler -> java -> pearl -> javabeans -> xhtml -> xml -> c -> c+ -> c++ -> ascii

hierachy of languages for programming high levels

I know this is bait, but still, ow.

ow is not a language tard

kek