Grunge thread

What's the best grunge album? pic related has my vote.

Post good grunge songs/albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ_Zz13wC0
youtube.com/watch?v=Swxw2t-9ir4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like this

bleach nirvana. suck it faglords

Pretty good chart amigo

Sooo AiC is the best grunge band? The only reason they're listed as grunge is beacause they're from Seattle.

People like to say/think that a lot, but no -- they aren't.

this and badmotorfinger are my favorite albums but aic is my favorite grunge band

technically I put Nirvana first, but yeah sure

why would Above be considered a grunge album? just because the musicians were involved in the grunge scene?

Nirvana was great but kinda overrated.

For me its Melvins (if you count them) but if not then AiC is my fav yeah

Needs more Love Battery & Skin Yard

dirt is realllllly good

however i like aic unplugged the best out of all their work. their songs really translate well into acoustic, and give it a more sincere vibe. really melancholy and needed for a rainy day

yeah above isnt really grunge. maybe a few songs like i dont know anything but most of it is blues and really soft rock

YYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH HERE COMES THE ROOSTER

*cough*

Screaming Trees and Mark Lanegan in general are so underrated. They had that kind of cozy pastoral vibe that you just won't find in any other hard rock band.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ_Zz13wC0

>no TAD in sight

Shit chart.

poor doggo

>grunge is still the main 4 (aic, soundgarden, nirvana and pearl jam) and any of the bands each member has been in
>shit mu chart reinforces it

You stupid ass fucks. All of these sound different from each other. You can' tell me Badmotorfinger sounds like Temple of the Dog's self titled, Nevermind, Ten, or Bullhead.

not even the best nirvana album you fucking goon

Gotta agree with this guy. AiC is more metal than anything

t. people who are afraid of saying nevermind

They sound different, but not genre different. Those bands are considered the main grunge bands for a reason.

I've listened to Strange Religion so many times I've lost count. One of my top 5 songs.
I can't find much else like his solo stuff except Le Panera Man.

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about.

They're only considered to be mains because they're all from the same place and happened to be around in the same time frame. Within a single year, 1991, it showed how fucking different genre wise these bands are. Nevermind was damn near pop music, Temple of the Dog and Ten were just another set of alternative hard rock albums while Bullhead was another doom/sludge metal album. AiC's Dirt the following year is a fucking alternative metal album.

>This

Still really like Plush after all these years.

YYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH HERE COMES THE ROOSTER

you fucking ass nibbler bleach is their only mainly "grunge" cd. chode cock

Dirt is objectively one of the darkest albums ever written

/born in the wrong generation general/

Was he /ourguy/?

top 10 album for me

So you couldn't dam that river
And it washed me so far away....

Best Sabbath influenced album ever!

yes

>Nirvana was great but kinda overrated.

talk about an opinion not worth sharing with the class

yeah, everyone already knows Nirvana was overrated.

This

not even the best AIC album

I feel like Facelift and Dirt are metal. Then Sap came out, and it was their transition from metal, to a more "grunge" sound. I dont know how else to describe it. Sap, Jar of Flies, and the Untitled album, are less heavier musically than facelift and dirt, but the lyrics and overall tone on those 3 projects are much darker. For me, that's when AiC really cemented their place in history as one of the best Seattle bands. In my opinion, they're easily the best.

Sap would be so much better without Love Song.

That's not Houses of the Unholy

you're welcome

Post-Layne AiC is seriously underrated.

Eh, I hear you, but it's the last track of the album. So for me, it's not really a big deal.

>unplugged
Dropped.

>Post-Layne AiC is seriously unnecessary.
FTFY famalamadingdong

If you want to deprive yourself of excellent modern grunge :^)

If by "deprive yourself", you mean "really not miss anything worthwhile." OK.

>you mean "really miss everything worthwhile."
FTFY famalamadingdong

So what are they?

honestly the devil put dinosaurs here was okay. Black Gives Way to Blue sounds too commercial.

>enter thread to find some lesser known grunge bands
>end up just tuning out to Jar of Flies again

In utero or bleach

Bump

Anyone like Soundgarden? STP? Pearl Jam?

>Thinks Grunge is a genre

Fair
Haven't heard anything by Tad I have actually enjoyed, so
>Modern
>Grunge

ITT every band that came out of Seattle in the 90's.

love Pearl Jam, but I think it's wrong to call them a grunge band. Only Ten and Vs. feel like grunge to me. From Vitalogy they basically became an alternative rock band with 60's/70's inspirations like The Who.
No Code and Binaural are their superior albums.

Define grunge.

too me grunge has more of a punk or metal influence and a distorted, "dirty" sound. On their early albums Pearl Jam are most of all a 90's stadium rock band with a touch of grunge.

Wow that's fucking trash my man
that top 4 lmfao

Wouldn't say it's punk at all. It all seemed to have a melancholy undertone. And yeah you're right about the dirty sound though. Lots of that for sure. But it's hard to define grunge since it wasn't really a genre but much more of a time in the mid-90's that seemed to have a lot of bands doing the same thing and it sounded good.

Ie. Rage, Soundgraden, STP, Pearl Jam... you know, all the guys wearing flannel n' shit lol.

It's a scene of punk and hard rock bands from Sub Pop, C/Z records and a couple others centralized in Washington State, specifically from 1986 - 1990 or so. After it was popularized, musicians in the scene developed their sound and intermingled with other artists whom they performed shows with from 1991 to about 1994/95. From there on out, the STP's, Candlebox's and Silverchairs continued to derive the sound, but without any ties to Grunge scene, thus creating Post-Grunge.

I think bands like Mudhoney and Nirvana definitely have a punk feel to them.
But yeah, I agree grunge was for sure just as much a fashion phenomenon

Nevermind isnt that good of an album

Swain is a lesser known grunge band with a grunge album

>Swain is a lesser known grunge band with a grunge album
>Formed 2009
>From Netherlands
Fuck sakes

I was the one arguing that it isn't, you retarded cum guzzler. How did you even make it past kindergarten.

If you're Then I don't know what your problem is

you damned cunt they're a grunge band with a grunge album what the fuck do you want? screaming trees? u men? skin yard?

ha I gave up on ever listening to that album after Hollow was released as a single. Complete garbage.

you dumb cunt, they aren't. Yes

>hole
>favorite
STOP

>worst album from the Layne era

still a 9 tho

Bleach and In Utero are way better

>bleach nirvana
Never heard of it, bit it reminds me of my favorite Nirvana album, Bleach. Very raw stuff, I feel like Kurt's influences really shine on that one.

>tfw someone calls STP post grunge

the first post grunge band m80

Is your reading comprehension terrible or something? I clearly said grunge isn't a genre and then you reply back to my post implying I said or thought grunge is a genre. Stop being stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Swxw2t-9ir4

holds up remarkably well

>What's the best grunge album?
Pack Up The Cats by Local H.

This ofc