U2

Saviours of rock and roll, or the band that ruined everything that we love about music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDoLskUQvb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

neither. average band who got luckily successful because god knows why

They make me want to puke

Awful corporate pop dogshit and always have been

A band that was decent at one point but stayed around for decades and became shit. But unlike other artists this applies to (The Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Elton John, Paul McCartney , The Who etc.) they somehow managed to keep having big hits beyond this point rather than becoming a nostalgia act that focuses primarily on touring so there's more of an incentive to hate them and retroactively claim that everything they did was shit.

/thread

you sir just restored my faith in Sup Forums

idk I never heard of them until kenny put them on

The Edge should not be a famous guitar player. Playing barred chords with a little delay doesn't make you a big boy guitar player. U2 songs are all like if you told somebody to write an actual song, but then when they were done, you just took whatever was interesting or expressive about it and just scrapped it. Their music has the soul and passion of a bag of rocks. The fact that he or Jimmy Page might have inspired somebody makes my skin crawl. People thinking mediocre is greatness is one of the many reasons I don' trust people as a whole.

hey asshole why are you grouping the edge and page together

>Awful corporate pop dogshit

Kendrick or U2?

you sir, need to go back to redddit

Because they both have musical crutches in that their lack of musicality and discipline to actually learn their instrument is seen as some sort of positive 'bad, awkward, and sloppy = good' anarchistic punk rock attitude towards musicianship. While The Edge compensates his lack of musicianship with layers and layers of effects, Page is worse in a way because he straight up misses notes constantly (EVEN ON STUDIO RECORDINGS) and plays those simple blues shapes with so little care and inexplicable speed.

It taught an entire generation of guitarists that it's okay to be a poor guitar player. If you pretend to play fast, it doesn't matter if you miss 50% of the notes CAUSE THAT'S ROCK N ROLL MANNNNN. STIK IT 2 DA MAN.

The only reason I hate the edge more is because he doesn't even try and people still praise him. Sickening.

Love their 80's mainstream stuff. The early stuff is alright and the newer stuff ranges from alright to bad.

I don't totally agree, but even though I love his music, Page is a giant hack.

Nice one M80 :^)

the fuck is your problem

You could always read it again if you didn't get that the first time.

Answer the question. I'm not talking about your opinion about guitar players. I'm sure you have a bigger problem. What's the fuck is your problem

forgot how amazng is Pop. thnks 4 reminding me Sup Forums

You're a fucking pleb if you haven't listened to Achtung Baby & Zooropa.

zooropa is shit

Nice wrong opinion faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=uDoLskUQvb8
is magnificent

Pop beside being its more unproduced album, is amazing even raw
>those trip-hop influnce from the mid-90s
glorious

Not that guy but I'd like to hear some examples of guitarists you think are decent to god tier.

>What's the fuck is your problem
if
If any of us knew what our problem was, we wouldn't be on Sup Forums