I have a problem Sup Forums

I have a problem Sup Forums

I broke my hand really bad a few years ago. Long story short it hurts whenever I use it now. I type all day for a living and by the end of the day am always in agony.

Been thinking of heroing lately because can't find anything that helps. Got kicked out of pain management because I smoked and somehow came up positive on random drug test. Was the only thing that helped. Drugs.

Tried shots, slings, bracers, everything. Was the only thing that really allowed me to live a functional life.

Without whining too, too much about it, anyone have any advice? In a similar position? Living with a past injury everyday and annoying the ever living shit out of you? Post here pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

onehandedkeyboard.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get a new doctors appointment, make sure you're clean of that drug you tested positive on. He should get you a new prescription.

I mean the doc booted me. Not their patient anymore. Think that'll effect a new doctor?

Do you have any experience with this stuff? Any advice on finding a decent doctor? Was with the same doc for 25 years and then he retired. Got pushed into the real world industry of this shit and its ugly as hell.

Life is suffering, you have it tough, probably worse than me, but other people have it way worse than you.

Dostoevski said once, "There is only one thing that I dread: not to be worthy of my sufferings." These words frequently came to my mind after I became acquainted with those martyrs whose behavior in [concentration] camp, whose suffering and death bore witness to the fact that the last inner freedom cannot be lost. It can be said that they were worthy of their sufferings; the way they bore their suffering was a genuine inner achievement. It is this spiritual freedom -- which cannot be taken away -- that makes life meaningful and purposeful, [...]

Its a nice quote.

Viktor Frankl

Just go see a new Dr, if you don't like them move on and find another. You don't have to see the same Dr every time you go.

Going to try it again. Only thing that sucks is it takes minimum 3 months to see one new doctor. Then another 6 or so for them to build trust. In that time I will have long since lost my job, apt, and all savings.

Im literally fucked and see no optimism in the future. Ty for posting though user.

Go to a doctor. Nobody here feels bad for you

How was your hand hurt in the first place?

What a drug seeker.
>bbbut im forreal my hand does hurt and not finding a way to accept drugs again

good luck user, you will find a solution (and it's not an hero)

What third world shithole do you live in? I get the shits and leave if I have to wait more then half an hour to see a doctor.

Have you tried surgery? It sounds like it didn't heal properly. I'm actually a healthcare consultant (for the first time ever IRL and /b have come together) and could help walk you through how to get a better doc.

Also, be honest, did you use any opiates for pain management and then keep using them for a while after the doc told you to stop?

Who the hell comes to Sup Forums, and CAN'T type one handed? I bet most of the fags in here can get up to at least 1000 ks/m one handed

Not trying for sympathy. Trying to get ideas on what to do from anyone with a similar problem. Telling me there aren't a plethora of disabledfags on Sup Forums?

Fuck yes I'm seeking drugs. They help.

You are the problem. Get fucked you faggot. Why do people think they have authority on what ANYONE puts in their bodies? If it helps you, take it. That's all that should be said.

Are you going to the ER? I'm talking about actual doctor offices that see you continually.

Seriously, you can also look into single hand keyboard setups, they are more expensive but they do exist for single handed persons onehandedkeyboard.com

Yes twice after the initial. Plastic surgeon did my first surgery and fucked it up. Second one to fix it drove two of the plates further into the bone. Third removed them all and bones fell apart basically. Too much damage.

I'm a developer. Was making good money out of school then shit happened.

I'm a carpenter who has broke the majority of bones in my hands. Quit winning and go type

I lost my left hand in Iraq and have had success with a brand called frogpad for basic everyday web stuff, email and whatnot

>Also, be honest, did you use any opiates for pain management and then keep using them for a while after the doc told you to stop?
Yeah a few times but never tested positive for anything like that. Only used them when I absolutely had to. I know. Seems like another run of the mill junkie. I honestly don't care what anyone calls me if they can fix me.

After my old doc retired, I got treated like a felon recently out of prison. This shit is harsh.

Okay.

What country do you live in? I'm assuming US but just making sure.

>Second one to fix it drove two of the plates further into the bone

Sounds like a malpractice lawsuit but I get not wanting to be a jew.

As for using pain meds that are not prescribed, I'm not judging or being a moral fag, it just makes things a bit more complicated to sort out. Do you have health insurance? What state do you live in?

I suffer from chronic sciatica and it drives me crazy, user. I can't really give you any advice because I'm in a very similar situation myself. I often don't know what to do. Any solution is only a temporary thing (done meds, physio, etc.) and I can manage it somewhat with rigorous stretches and exercise, but I know that when the pain has gone completely, it'll only be for about a month until I overextend or bend down to pick up something heavy and boom, it comes back with vengeance. Then I'll be right back to square one and the pain will be at 11/10 again.

I wish I could offer you some advice, but the only thing I can say is get second, third and fourth doctor's opinions.

And get ready for people to not understand, or judge you unfairly. It comes with the territory.

And find a job which doesn't require typing, obviously. I know it's not so simple, but I don't know what else to say. Other than you're not alone I guess.

Its not so much the pain I can't tolerate. I can suck it up. It's the pain plus having to concentrate hard on what I do mostly thinking critically and trying to problem solve sometimes hard equations.

Its hard to think when your arms throbbing every day. I honestly try every day to suck it up. It's the only way I've gotten this far.

I tried sueing it's too expensive.

>Do you have health insurance? What state do you live in?
Yeah but I'm gonna lose it soon probably. Can't really work anymore. NJ.

Good, New England has a new state every 20 miles. Go to a neighboring state and tell them that your hand didn't heal and ask how to go about fixing it. Don't go to an ER. Go to an "urgent care" clinic (google one, they are much cheaper) - tell them you don't have a primary care provider for financial reasons so went to them. Ask how they can fix it. Don't be pushy about asking for meds, it raises red flags. Bring it up on the second appointment earliest.

Hopefully they will set you up with someone who isn't a fucktard. If not, they may give you something for chronic pain. If that doesn't work, rinse and repeat.

Too expensive to sue? You don't pay unless they win if you're the plaintiff.