GAS: Narkopop

Literal magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/artist/grouper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grouper_(musician)
last.fm/music/Grouper
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literal meme ""music"".
Pls stop shilling this garbage.

>Genre: Ambient

>this mu in 2017

neo-Sup Forums everyone

first time listening to gas after seeing this album posted in here and really liked it. one of my favorites of the year, if not my favorite so far

hello wolfgang

hi pleb

did it leak?

damn right it is, I've been listening to it all easter weekend. I'm so happy we have another album after all these years.

pic related, the magic is real

>neo-Sup Forums
wtf? I'm not against ambient by any means.
But do you hyping this mediocre shit will make you look cool? Then you just have no idea what ambient is.

>1 thread in the catalog discussing a really good album
>hyping

finally a comment worth responding too

whats your favorite tracks so far bro?

Favorite Gas albums?

solid 7/10

my bad wrong post

favourite album is zauberberg, favourite tracks are 2, 7, and 10 (those three could go on for another 10 minutes each)

I've been waiting for the right moment to listen to it, since it's not every day we get a new Gas album. For those who have listened, is it more like Zauberberg or Pop? I'm guessing it's more ambient since most of Wolfgangs recent works have been like that, but Zauberberg is by far my favorite from him, so I hope it has more drums in it.

6/10 tracks have a beat. If I had to say, it's more like Zauberberg but it's its own thing.

Yup. Up on Soulseek and there should be some links in the archive

Narkopop 6 is excellent.

Not him but:
Pop > Königsforst > Zauberberg > Burger/Ink > Gas (1996) > Life's a gas

Not sure where to put Narkopop yet but it's definitely a great record. My AOTY so far if you don't count Julia Holter's new live release.

>you don't even know what ambient is

It's any song without drums or vocals. Prove me wrong.

Actually it's a mix between Zauberberg and Pop.

Yup. Loving how dynamic that beat is.

>i know shit about music but I tend to pretend otherwise - the post

Julianna Barwick, Grouper, Ian William Craig
>thelistgoeson.jpeg

i tend to like ambient music but this sounds like backpambient. all gas music does. what am i missing? or am i not missing anything im just more aware of real ambient than backpambient fans like yall

What kind of ambient music do you like? Would you name some favorite albums?

>backpambient
fucking christ is this what Sup Forums has become? have you ever listened to gas you absolute pleb.

I swear memes are making people retarded.

>is this what Sup Forums has become? have you ever listened to gas
This board was never that into electronic music as far as I remember. I totally totally feel you though...

i tend to disagree with albums in general and see it as an inherently capitalist format. i like la monte young, phil niblock, philip jeck, eliane radigue, oren ambarchi, keith fullerton witman, toshimaru nakamara, the list goes on...

>Grouper
>ambient

Kek, it's calming and minimalist so it must be ambient.

>[
bakcpambient is an ancient meme from like 2010. its not that i dont like ambient or electronic music. in fact its the contrary. i hate that insipid popular corporate music to "chill" out to is what people talk about like gas rather than music with complex questions about philosophy and the human psyche...

you know you're wrong

Mamma mia

Substrata is not even the best Biosphere album

nerds

Sup Forums is garbage because of people like you. You guys can't even articulate your points, you just fling shit.

rateyourmusic.com/artist/grouper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grouper_(musician)
last.fm/music/Grouper
>genre
>ambient

just admit you put yourself in a box with your stupid definition of the genre.

Grouper isn't ambient lol

*BRAAAAAAAAAP*

I'm trying to avoid getting sucked into the hype since Gas is one of my favorite artists, but it's really fucking good, I've been listening almost nonstop since the leak.

The mixing is just amazing, I said in the last thread that even when the bass feels like it's caving your skull in, you can still hear every minute detail of the crisp drones perfectly.

this, it's Cirque

kek

>AZD
>Music from the Fourth World
>Narkopop

April has been so gd good

don't forget DAMN.

>Music focuses on creating dense atmosphere rather than conventional song structure

Dragging A Dead Deer Uphill isn't as ambient as say the A I A double album, but most of her work is. Ambient is a very broad genre, it's not like there's many strict parameters you have to follow.

Yeah bumped that all yesterday with a buddy, v impressed.

Nah. About Konigsforst levels, and that's still pretty good. 7/10.

Looks like we like the same flavor Wolfy.

waitin for the FLAC