Now that the weird frontiers between pop and avant-garde have completely fallen out of relevancy(and gone to shit too)...

Now that the weird frontiers between pop and avant-garde have completely fallen out of relevancy(and gone to shit too), who will replace them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YLVRKP-R3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who are these 4 guys?

LMAO PLEN

ok so fucking point me in the right direction, damn

>posting literal whos
kys

LMAO YOU ARE NOT PLEN AT ALL

clockwise from the negro
Dean Blunt
Arca
Daniel Lopatin/Oneohtrix Point Never
James Ferraro
now fuck off

so, how do i into each guy?

Dean Blunt - Black Metal
Arca - Mutant
Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
I don't listen to james ferrari

I mean,
Arca just came out with a great new album, it's about time for a new Oneohtrix Point Never album, Human Story 3 just came out last year and it was pretty great, and Hotep is one of my favorite releases this year so far.

I'm not quite sure they're out of relevance, it's just been quiet for all of them but Arca recently, who you can't seem to hear the end of with the s/t.

With James Ferraro start with Far Side Virtual

Only one who has probably fallen out of relevancy is Ferraro. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they've fallen out of relevancy

With OPN try Garden of Delete instead of Replica like the other guy suggested.

Also instead of Mutant try &&&&&

(in my humble opiniyons)

I think Arca is still advancing. OPN might still have some stuff left up his sleeves too. Dean Blunt hit mainstream with DAMN.

Xen is a much better entry point in my opinion for Arca, or even his second EP or FKA stuff

can someone give me a good entry point for fererro?

this dean blunt black metal album is really soft, is this what everyone's raving about?

What's Blunt got to do with DAMN?

Forget it, you're never gonna get it boi

>underwhelmed
>"u just didnt get it"
>imbluing theres an objective obinion to get

the depressed slow rhyming comes from dean tbqh

The weird frontier will sublimate into mutated pop, unironic pop that identifies as non-pop. All mainstream sensibilities channeled into the weird frontier will gather cancerous tumors that destroy its DNA, turning it into something unrecognizable but still ostensibly pop sensibilities. This is all unintentional and unconscious, of course. But the transformation has already begun
youtube.com/watch?v=7YLVRKP-R3E

Janes F - Nightdolls with Hairspray

Mumblerap

>Bruno Venus
>Martin Joint
>Mac Demarco
>Zaytoven

start by their most iconic work
Dean Blunt - Black Metal
James Ferraro - Far Side Virtual
Arca - &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
OPN - Replica

Dean Blunt got known by making fun of the thing he is famous for. He himself has said he hates avant garde music. His shows are just him giving the audience a big fuck you

damn